tiny little stadium

new to this game guys so sorry if this question has been asked a million times,is it possible to get a new stadium at all,i have taken Hereford united to the premier league but my stadium is only 8000 and cant expand because the board say the council wont allow it,making between 40000 and 50000 match income really isnt helping my budget when my wage bill is treble that

well I manage gillingham and got promoted to premier league. Only have stadium capacity of 12500 and it is maxed out, no longer permitted for expansion.

I always end in green though as my wage bill is not that high. usually the ticket price will increase once you got promoted to higher level. My gate receipts usually around 400K-500K and my wage bill around 600K.

I had a bit of success here for the first time. I took Rodengo (Serie C-2 in Italy to the top) eventually.

Season 1 - 700 seats

Season 2 - 1600 Seats

Season 3 - 3200 Seats

Season 4 - 4277 Seats

Season 5 - 4300 Seats (a 23 seat expansion :) took 6 days to build!

then nothing till Season 8 as it was at its maximum

Season 8 - 23000 Seats

Season 9 - 35000 Seats

this is as far as ive got so far, they may keep building on as i sell out most games, though this is the first time ive ever had a new stadium in like 7-8 years of football manager.

I'd kill for an 8000 seater. I had 2750(ish) seats in my 6000 capacity stadium. Got into the Premiership and the board decided to put the rest of the seats in - which they had refused to do in the previous 2 seasons.

I had to move stadium while my stadium becomes 6000 all seater so I have a 25000 seater for nine months then I'm back at my crappy stadium.

Before any long term game with a lower league club, I edit the stadium expansion to a reasonable size such as 50,000. That way, after 10 years of getting a small team all the way to the premiership, the game isn't ruined by still having a 10,000 seater stadium.

If I become a european force, earn lots of money etc...I can slowly expand my stadium each year - and it's more realistic.

I've experienced it before where i've taken a club to the top of the world, and still had a 20,000 seater stadium, even with £300 milllion in the bank - and its sort of ruined the game for me.

Before any long term game with a lower league club, I edit the stadium expansion to a reasonable size such as 50,000. That way, after 10 years of getting a small team all the way to the premiership, the game isn't ruined by still having a 10,000 seater stadium.

If I become a european force, earn lots of money etc...I can slowly expand my stadium each year - and it's more realistic.

I've experienced it before where i've taken a club to the top of the world, and still had a 20,000 seater stadium, even with £300 milllion in the bank - and its sort of ruined the game for me.

That's a nice and fair trick, thumb up !

Told that, the game should have this scenario built in avoiding the player to trick to grant the deserved scenario.

I have been told the stadium expansion feature will be slightly tweaked, I hope in the good direction ,even because the expansion of a tiny stadium in a remote location of let's say 5000 seats CAN'T IMO cost the same of expanding the same amount of seats into an already huge stadium inside a big city. This due to logic first, then due to related facilities that can't be prized the same if you expand a stadium into a small village or inside London.

Archived