2d for life

rich74

Am i the only one who just does not like the 3d match engine

i just love the 2d,to much i really hope they keep it going

i have tried playing in 3d for half a season i just hate it and dont understand

how any hardcore fm fan can like it

how i see it is that there is a new breed of fm fan that wants the game to

be all shiney and fancy...thats not why i play this game its about the hardcore depth

sometimes the reason why i tell my wifey ill be up in half hour just gotta play

one more match...to be,honest i fear for the future i think miles and the boys

are living the high life to much champagne fast cars and fast girls i can imagine

them right now you should be working as i write this in S I towere yeah i bet

your there but with a whole load of ladies ....

Am i the only one who just does not like the 3d match engine

be all shiney and fancy...thats not why i play this game its about the hardcore depth

No your not the only one. I agree, but its only the commentary for me! For me the 3D is all for show, I mean there are

PES and FIFA for football gameplay. But what ever rocks your boat, as many people love the 3-d aspect of the game.

Sigames should bring out two games one for the hardcore fans the real fans

and bring out one with amazing graphics,500,frames per seconds for the newer kind of fan

i hear and read so many people wanting all the flashy gimics.i just want a massive

database a nice 2d pitch and im happy forget the stadium and camara angles

just hope one day that some mastermind can make a new footy manager sim

from there bedroom and when the fame and the money comes they remember

there roots

miles miles miles.................

Rich74, replace 3D with 2D and 2D with Text Commentary in your post and you might get an idea of just how much rubbish you are talking.

Prefering 2D to 3D or Text to 2D does not indicate how hardcore a fan is or is not.

The measurement of a true fan is how much enjoyment they get from the game they love playing, nothing more nothing less.

*sigh*

I consider myself as a hardcore fm player, the first version i played was 96/97 season, as i recall. And i love the 3d. not because its shiny and **** (cause its not) but because I think it gives a lot better overview of the game. and i really like progress.

****, people are so conservative :D

TBH I more or less only use the commentary. Actually I only checked out the 3d ME a week ago for the first time and it was kinda cool to see my best striker turn on the edge of the area and slam one in the bottom corner, but other than that I'm perfectly fine with sticking to commentary only.

And i love the 3d. not because its shiny and **** (cause its not) but because I think it gives a lot better overview of the game. and i really like progress.

****, people are so conservative :D

It's a better overview in terms of beautifulness (does this term exist? :confused: ) in terms of efficiency, 2D is the best a manager can ask for. There's nothing better if you want to "read the game/match".

Problem is: graphics like PES or FIFA (sometimes) can't even satisfy, how can be FM satisfy the "3D hungry" since graphics is not the main thing in a management game?

3D is nice, but if you ask me if SI should use resources and time on graphic or on gameplay, I say gameplay without doubt.

I don't want to spend a lot of money for videocards or multicores because of graphics.

I still only use 2D

I am passionate about realism and watching it in 3D decreases the realism for me, with 2D at least I can use my imagination to picture each player rather than 3D models who all look identical and move the same way.

however the rest of the OP is ridiculous and whenever I've seen interviews/blogs etc of Miles and the team they seem down to earth and their main priority is making a great football management sim.

I still only use 2D

I am passionate about realism and watching it in 3D decreases the realism for me, with 2D at least I can use my imagination to picture each player rather than 3D models who all look identical and move the same way.

however the rest of the OP is ridiculous and whenever I've seen interviews/blogs etc of Miles and the team they seem down to earth and their main priority is making a great football management sim.

oh so you havnt heard about miles legendry 48 hour benders.........just joking

but yeah you have it bang on and said it better than me it is about imagination

the 3d takes that away... i just love watching my favourite player dentinho cut inside

take on four players and slam it in to the top corner in 2d in my mind he is doing step overs

dropping his shoulder its a beautiful sight..........but in 3d i see this stiff looking player

that looks like he needs a good spray with wd40....us 2d guys need to stick together

and never let the 2d mode die

Rich74, replace 3D with 2D and 2D with Text Commentary in your post and you might get an idea of just how much rubbish you are talking.

Prefering 2D to 3D or Text to 2D does not indicate how hardcore a fan is or is not.

The measurement of a true fan is how much enjoyment they get from the game they love playing, nothing more nothing less.

*sigh*

i look at it like chelsea you had the hardcore fans before the russian came

and then when he threw a few hundred mill at the club and made them all

shiney and nice they had all the johnney come lately fans come along same with fm at the

start these jokers who like it now were the people who made fun of it back in the day

you remember all those comments of its just a game with loads of spread sheets

I've been playing footy management games since CM2, and I love the 3D view. It has refreshed my outlook on FM games. I get much more excited watching my player score and hearing the crowd go wild than I do by just seeing a flashing bar or seeing some dots move.

Actually if you were really "hardcore" you'd have the text only option!!!

I've been playing since the very first CM, and I simply cannot understand how people cannot watch the 3d game, unless of course their computers can't handle it.

I've been playing since the very first CM, and I simply cannot understand how people cannot watch the 3d game, unless of course their computers can't handle it.

Yeah, I think a lot (but not all!) of the people who are negative about it are like that because they have technical issues with it, rather than just not liking it. Hopefully it will have been optimised, as well as improved, for the FM10 release.

I am also surprised many people think you get a better overview of how your players are responding to tactic etc on 2D, I notice subtle changes I make much more efficiently on 3D than 2D.

Essesentially though the best version, text, 2d or 3d is what suits each player individually, I just hate all this "I'm hardcore as I watch 2d", when:

A) That's nonsense

and

B) Like I said proper hardcore would of course be text only

i look at it like chelsea you had the hardcore fans before the russian came

and then when he threw a few hundred mill at the club and made them all

shiney and nice they had all the johnney come lately fans come along same with fm at the

start these jokers who like it now were the people who made fun of it back in the day

you remember all those comments of its just a game with loads of spread sheets

Not really. Ive been playing since 97 using commentry only (the only option). Then when 2d came out, i enjoyed that more, and now the same with 3d. Its called evolving! Pac-man was blow your mind away stuff when it first came out, but now its outdated as better stuff has come along. Its the same with viewing matches in 3d, its the next step. I find it much much easier to read the game using 3d.

3D forever 3d is the best i think you get more experiance and view on how the shoots are like dribbling ect and im still going to watch 3D in FM 10

to me its gonna take about another 5 years before the 3d is ready cus in a game

like fm detail is everything...

they need to sort out the player hieghts in 3d cus they all look the same when i am

playing with a big meat head up front i want to see the sizes difference...

Despiting I am a 2D fan the imagination concept IMO can be argued, because many years ago when you had only commentary the imagination was at its apex, then it came the 2D which cut good part of that imagination and now you ( and also myself ) are using it.

The 3D is the same.

Told that, I want the 2D remain as an option for ever, but , I would like a strong 3D not only walking ants. Nowdays it is possible to avoid the crap of other football managerial games but it is mandatory to improve a lot FM 3D graphic and animations running away from walking ants and getting closer to what an Ati 5870 for example may render with Directx 11.

i am as hardcore as it gets with fm and the old cms i love the tx but the 2d is just

perfect when they first brought it out i thought i had died and gone the heavan

it is everything that i desire

i guess nothing last for ever but for the past 5 years its been fantastic with 2d

thats why i hope they never drop it

i think fm should be run by paid members and we vote for important issues

they wack a poll up on this site we all get to vote once and we see what happens

i am as hardcore as it gets with fm and the old cms i love the tx but the 2d is just

perfect when they first brought it out i thought i had died and gone the heavan

it is everything that i desire

Did you also wet the pillow ? :D

i think fm should be run by paid members and we vote for important issues

You made my day guy :D :D

The title will be : FM12, REVOLUTION !!! :D

2D is definately more easy on the eyes, I keep it on that on default.

But sometimes tactically its easier to spot tactical mistakes on the 3d view, seeing how headers are won, how possession is turned over, a better grasp of the positioning of the players because in 2D the players are too big in relation to the pitch

Despiting I am a 2D fan the imagination concept IMO can be argued, because many years ago when you had only commentary the imagination was at its apex, then it came the 2D which cut good part of that imagination and now you ( and also myself ) are using it.

The 3D is the same.

Told that, I want the 2D remain as an option for ever, but , I would like a strong 3D not only walking ants. Nowdays it is possible to avoid the crap of other football managerial games but it is mandatory to improve a lot FM 3D graphic and animations running away from walking ants and getting closer to what an Ati 5870 for example may render with Directx 11.

hey dont diss the antz

am i the only one who just does not like the 3d match engine

sometimes the reason why i tell my wifey ill be up in half hour just gotta play

one more match...to be,honest i fear for the future i think miles and the boys

are living the high life to much champagne fast cars and fast girls i can imagine

them right now you should be working as i write this in s i towere yeah i bet

your there but with a whole load of ladies ....

thank you!! Someone understands!! :):):):)

Grep, why have you quoted me with things I didn't actually say??????????

Rich, you say you like to see how your meat head striker is actually playing, and you can't with 3D as you can see the height difference, how pray tell can you tell then with dots?

I don't understand what you are meaning, I quoted a sentence made by you.

I found them hilarious and I added a smile. Did you feel offended ? IT was not my intention, on the opposite I found your statement funny cause you used irony. Just in case, I didn't want to hurt your sensibility.

The most important thing is that FM will keep for ever both,2D and 3D, everyone can choose its own preferences.

If they will remove 2D FM will terminate its glory, on the other hand the 3D must be constantly developed and improved. I suggest to give each player at least 300-400 animations and also to assign to special players some unique moves , for example Messi , C. Ronaldo, Buffon, etc etc.. same unique special moves for young stars and upgrade them over and over

Archived