THE most annoying thing that has ever happened to me on FM....

I'm shocked to find my team (Lincon) 4-0 up at Dag & Red at half time. Somehow, I even manage to prevent them from launching a Lazarus-back-from-the-dead-esque-miracle recovery to 5-4 by changing my tactics, and team talk, up to the 85th minute.

Then my f*************************************ing laptop crashes!!!

Any techie advice on this? The whole laptop just freezes, the mouse doesn't move, the players on the screen don't move, the spacebar does sod all, in short, nothing works (except, for some reason, if I'm playing music, that carries on).

When I Ctrl+Alt+Del it, the screen comes up (I'm on Vista), but no matter what I click, I just get the background of the screen (without any buttons or anything, just the background of the Ctrl+Alt+Del sceen), and my only option is to hold down the power button until the laptop turns off!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aside from that, has anyone had a simlar experience? Doubt I'll get too many more annoying :p

This could be caused by anything, did you have anything else running at the same time as FM? When you start up FM now do you still get a crash! Sometimes a crash is caused by to much running on slow machines. I will see if i can help, can you reply with details of your machine, RAM, HD, GRAPHICS CARD, VISTA VERSION ETC.

I'm shocked to find my team (Lincon) 4-0 up at Dag & Red at half time. Somehow, I even manage to prevent them from launching a Lazarus-back-from-the-dead-esque-miracle recovery to 5-4 by changing my tactics, and team talk, up to the 85th minute.

Then my f*************************************ing laptop crashes!!!

Any techie advice on this? The whole laptop just freezes, the mouse doesn't move, the players on the screen don't move, the spacebar does sod all, in short, nothing works (except, for some reason, if I'm playing music, that carries on).

When I Ctrl+Alt+Del it, the screen comes up (I'm on Vista), but no matter what I click, I just get the background of the screen (without any buttons or anything, just the background of the Ctrl+Alt+Del sceen), and my only option is to hold down the power button until the laptop turns off!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aside from that, has anyone had a simlar experience? Doubt I'll get too many more annoying :p

Only just taken over there, I'd won a couple, but I was yet to really get the fans on board!

I might try holidaying over it a few times to try and get the confidence back up, then FMRTE the table? (Or is that cheating? :p )

I'd say it was usually, but on this occasion i'd say you have a pretty good argument for using it :thup:

Archived