Will different tax policy applied in different nations in FM2010?

caicai

• Administrators

Good point. I seem to recall with the Arshavin transfer to Arsenal that despite his big wage increase, the tax meant that he was still earning less than he was at Zenit.

• Administrators

Post #3 - Not at all. I don't think the game would or should reflect it in a way that a refusal should be given for "tax reasons" - rather if a player was negotiating to move to an English club v a Spanish club, this would be reflected in his wage demands.

• Administrators

AcidBurn, post 6:

That is like saying prize money could change in 5, 10, 15 years and SI should implement a dynamo changing prize money system, to use your words.

But they don't.

and I don't see why this should be different for taxes.

A player wouldn't turn you down for tax reasons, nor he would make higher demands to a spanish club. The only way in which this should be reflected in the game is that, quite simply, a team from a lower-tax zone would have more money to offer in wages.

Because that's what it is, if Real Madrid and Internazionale can both offer 10 mil. to a player, if he went to Madrid he would get like 8-9 mil. after taxes, while in Milan he would get 5 mil. after taxes.

Anyway players in England can still set up holding companies to receive their wages, and avail of the generous reduction in tax that action gets. I believe the rate at the moment is 12.5% on the company earnings and 20% on dividends. Thax breaks are also a lot easier to get if you are a company, it is probalby the reason Robbie Fowler went into property in the first place, i.e. he could write off a lot of tax over a number of years through property rental. One reason why the rich are rich is that they don't pay the amount of taxes mandated by the government (never mind their fair share).

A player wouldn't turn you down for tax reasons, nor he would make higher demands to a spanish club. The only way in which this should be reflected in the game is that, quite simply, a team from a lower-tax zone would have more money to offer in wages.

Because that's what it is, if Real Madrid and Internazionale can both offer 10 mil. to a player, if he went to Madrid he would get like 8-9 mil. after taxes, while in Milan he would get 5 mil. after taxes.

Hmm, maybe Real and Milan was a bad example here as I think i'm right in saying that for massive, world famous players the club (i'e Milan in your example) would simply pay the player more to ease the penalty that the tax band creates so as far as the payer is concerned he'd be on the same salary at either of the clubs, it would just cost Milan more.

I can't think of any player that has rejected a move to England because of tax.

In my opinion FM should head for realism but to bring in tax issues is a stupid idea.

While we are at it why don't we bring in an option to ban WAGs from the ground, why not have players drink driving and getting drunk in clubs.

I can't think of any player that has rejected a move to England because of tax.

In my opinion FM should head for realism but to bring in tax issues is a stupid idea.

While we are at it why don't we bring in an option to ban WAGs from the ground, why not have players drink driving and getting drunk in clubs.

But didn't Jermain Pennant leave England due to tax reasons?

As for the rest of your post i'm saying nothing!

AcidBurn, the tax can cost people in real life something like 40% of their wages - that is one hell of a lot of money and it's almost certainly influenced certain players moving to England. In fact, I think it was said that Franck Ribery prefered Spain and Real Madrid to Chelsea because he didn't have to pay as much tax there (may have clubs and player wrong, but it was someone this summer)

However, I don't think this should go into the game. Tax is fine as it is imo, a single figure in the finances page. Anything else and not only would it be almost impossible to predict the future tax rates (considering people do saves for 20+ years), but we'd be entering a whole new world in the game in which we would have to think about the government when playing. That takes a game into a bore, for me.

AcidBurn, the tax can cost people in real life something like 40% of their wages - that is one hell of a lot of money and it's almost certainly influenced certain players moving to England. In fact, I think it was said that Franck Ribery prefered Spain and Real Madrid to Chelsea because he didn't have to pay as much tax there (may have clubs and player wrong, but it was someone this summer)

However, I don't think this should go into the game. Tax is fine as it is imo, a single figure in the finances page. Anything else and not only would it be almost impossible to predict the future tax rates (considering people do saves for 20+ years), but we'd be entering a whole new world in the game in which we would have to think about the government when playing. That takes a game into a bore, for me.

I agree with everything you say about it not being in the game.

Archived