2 meter in offside! Bug?

Hi, I just played the match, and for me this is a clear off-side

Min. 69' a long ball to the defense od Fener, and then a long pass to attack, the 2 Fener striker are coming back, and when the pass come they are 2 meter in off-side. And then they turn and began to run the ball. They never get behind my defense. This is a clear off-side, and I think a clear BUG in game

load match:

http://rapidshare.com/files/286109872/Fenerbah__e_v_Palermo_69min_offside.pkm.html

Yep, you're right, that's definitely offside. The Fenerbache right-back just hoofed the ball upfield to the 2 Forwards who were clearly offside. :)

EDIT: I thought the position of the attacking passer was only relevant if the forward was ALSO in his own half? otherwise what's to stop a defender hoofing long balls all day?

Yep, you're right, that's definitely offside. The Fenerbache right-back just hoofed the ball upfield to the 2 Forwards who were clearly offside. :)

EDIT: I thought the position of the attacking passer was only relevant if the forward was ALSO in his own half? otherwise what's to stop a defender hoofing long balls all day?

You're right it wouldn't be offside if the player was in his own half. The only time the ball's position matters is if the player was behind it when it was played.

A striker needs two things ahead of him to be considered onside when he's in the opposition's half. Either two opposition players (usually defender and GK) or the ball and an oppo player.

I wouldn't call it a bug. Just a really bad call by the ref.

Actually, if the reciever is in his own half at the moment the ball's played, he's on; nothing to do with the passer (if he's in the opponent's half, the reciever is behind the ball when it's played, so not offside).

Not a bug, though, they deliberatly code in rubbish reffing decisions, to reflect real life!

No doubt this is offside, and the assistant is in a good position to flag for it.

Refereeing mistakes are featured in the game but this is a pretty big one.

thanks for the uploaded picture hahahaha :D I had to laugh when I saw it again hehe :D

I think tonight, in RAI or SKY, they would invite mr. Collina to discuss with him this situation hehe

I also think, that it is a calculation error from ME, because the players are not complaining. That means that it shouldn't be supposed to be a offside, just a regular goal.

and to the offside, in your half there is no offside.

In the oppositino half, when the pass start, you must have a defender and GK in front of you, or you must be behind the pass giver. Passive offside is when you hit the pass, and the offside striker is going back behind the defence and the other striker to which was the pass played is runing behind the defence to the ball.

and to the offside, in your half there is no offside.

In the oppositino half, when the pass start, you must have a defender and GK in front of you, or you must be behind the pass giver. Passive offside is when you hit the pass, and the offside striker is going back behind the defence and the other striker to which was the pass played is runing behind the defence to the ball.

Almost, you have to be behind the ball, not the bloke (though effectively the same thing anyway :p)

Offside law:

Offside position:

It is not an offence in itself to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:

• he is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

A player is not in an offside position if:

• he is in his own half of the field of play or

• he is level with the second-last opponent or

• he is level with the last two opponents

Offence

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

• interfering with play or

• interfering with an opponent or

• gaining an advantage by being in that position

No Offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

• a goal kick

• a throw-in

• a corner kick

from http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf

As have been stated before, there are simulated wrong referee decisions in FM, so the bug is only in fact that match commentary and post match conference was not stated that moment as a wrong decision and you had not an opportunity to blame the ref. Maybe try to post this in Bugs section so it will be added to the bugs database.

Archived