Crowd rating

Probably too late to include for FM10, unless it already is...

But would there be a way to make the crowd have any impact on player ratings/morale etc?

The likes of Stoke at home, the Kop at Anfield do add an edge sort of thing. Obviously the likes of Stamford Bridge have no atmosphere so the players would have it all to do on their own.

Was watching the Deportivo v Villareal game and in commentary it was noted that very often there are very few away fans at games (he noted particularly at Deportivo as it's a long way from alot of other teams) but still, a spanish team playing away are going to have little help from their supporters if there regularly aren't any at games.

I think it could have an effect on players, especially when factoring in the opposition, the cup competition for example and the %-age of the capacity that is full for the games.

Actually, the attendance levels do already have an effect on players inside the matches. And the number of away fans naturally has an affect on the away team players as well. This has been in the game for a long while iirc.

Does the match engine know how many home and away fans there are at a game? If so why can we not see it?

Actually, the attendance levels do already have an effect on players inside the matches. And the number of away fans naturally has an affect on the away team players as well. This has been in the game for a long while iirc.

Never knew that - could you possibly shed more light?

Also, there should be the 'hardcore fan' effect, but this has never yet been implemented. Are there any plans to activate this soon and what is it intended to do? :)

Of course a self regulating way of doing this would be to have different crowd noises for those teams with known home crowd influences above the normal - ie, if you play at eg Stoke they get loud cheers for touching the ball, your team gets boos - and I do mean much more in a noticable way than in a normal away game. The point?, well FM is meant to be all about realism allegedly, what is more realistic, some in game numerical modifier to give advantage to a hostile homecrowd-backed team, or one of the senses (hearing in this case) being used to apply pressure and negative influence to the Human manager? I know which Id prefer and then those that would rather listen to Rick Astleys Greatest Hits rather than listen to the in game sounds (though fair enough they are poor, many giant steps back from the CM0102 days even), they will be missing out on realism - but then when did you see a real top level manager listening to his I-pod or similar when in-match (with the exception of Phil Brown who is presumable practicing for his Xmas job making announcements in his local supermarket, or controlling taxis!).

Probably too late to include for FM10, unless it already is...

But would there be a way to make the crowd have any impact on player ratings/morale etc?

The likes of Stoke at home, the Kop at Anfield do add an edge sort of thing. Obviously the likes of Stamford Bridge have no atmosphere so the players would have it all to do on their own.

Was watching the Deportivo v Villareal game and in commentary it was noted that very often there are very few away fans at games (he noted particularly at Deportivo as it's a long way from alot of other teams) but still, a spanish team playing away are going to have little help from their supporters if there regularly aren't any at games.

I think it could have an effect on players, especially when factoring in the opposition, the cup competition for example and the %-age of the capacity that is full for the games.

Shows how much you know. We have some of the loudest support in the country and how you can say there is no atmosphere is absolutely beyond me and I can only come to the conclusion you are bitter or something????

• SI Staff
Of course a self regulating way of doing this would be to have different crowd noises for those teams with known home crowd influences above the normal - ie, if you play at eg Stoke they get loud cheers for touching the ball, your team gets boos - and I do mean much more in a noticable way than in a normal away game. The point?, well FM is meant to be all about realism allegedly, what is more realistic, some in game numerical modifier to give advantage to a hostile homecrowd-backed team, or one of the senses (hearing in this case) being used to apply pressure and negative influence to the Human manager?

There is no numerical modifier towards the human manager in the game based on the crowds. The attendance levels have an effect on the players, both home and away.

The idea on more dynamic sounds for the crowds is an interesting one though and I'm sure this is going to be considered in the future when developing the match experience further.

Archived