Coach/Physio Feedback and Imprved Training

CWR15

Okay, I saw the thread about 3D training and thought it had potential, but reading though the replies I saw quickly that it isn't the olution, but it did alert me to something that could definitly be improved.

In my opinion, training serves a dual purpose, it allows players to improve a given set of skills. It also allows the manager and his staff to assess the form of his players.

My suggestion is that the slider and ability to create training regiemes for groups of playrs is fine as t is and can be left as it is.

I would like to se the following additions.

The chance to concentrate on shortcomings, ie It appears I am conceding goals galore from corners, instead of going though all my different regiemes and tinkering with them I would like the option to 'practice defending corner' over a period of a few weeks, some players will spend extra time practicing this after training and some players will improve, positioning, marking, jumping and heading.

After the trial is over, some players will quickly drop back to ther original level, where as some others may be able to maintain the new improved stats. (The longer you train a particular shortcoming, the lower the chance of the players losing the stats when you stop training it.

The second addition will hopefully come from the improved backrom staff feedback. I'd lke to know which players are looking good in training, If I am spurs, and Robbie Keane scores a hatful of goals whilst Peter Crouch fails to hit the target then I want to know!

If I have a defender that has been on the loosing team in every single 5-aside game that week (and to blame for half the goals) I also want to know. It could be the deciding factor between picking one player over another.

With the second answer people might say that is what form is for, and often iI would agree, but if you have two weeks off over an international period, then it could help.

The final addition is about players return from injury. I alway try to filter players back in. 10 minutes here, half an hour there, 60 minutes, 80 minutes then a full match. I find if I have a slightly injured playere who 'heals' to 90% and start them, the often get injured again even if the physio has no worries.

Before a match, I would like my physio to say 'Ledley King has a long term knee injury, he hasn't trained this week but he can get through 90 minutes against Chelsea on Sunday or the league cup game at Crewe in Wednesday but although Jermain Defoe has recovered from his twisted ankle, I wouldn't risk him for more than 20 minutes if we need him at the end.'

These are all good ideas. It would be helpful for the training reporting to be upgraded as well. At the moment all we have is the assistant manager telling us the top 3 and bottom 3 guys in training for the past month. It doesn't really work, as that month has already gone!

I think one thing that could be added, which i thought about in the 3d training thread where i also mentioned that training had to scope to be improved is to use a Match style rating for players 1-10 and perhaps a comments section alongside it explaining about why player has got that rating, So your coach could say well joe Blogs has not really pulled his weight in training, 'Joe Blogs 2' has struggled in this area because he as just come back from injury, Joe Bloggs 3 has really improved this month he has really made lots of progress in his defensive qualities.etc etc.

Archived