Spec for new laptop - advice needed quick!!

Hi all

I have started this thread to look at one laptop in particular as I really need advice while they have an offer on!

Will this be any good for FM10 and how many leagues do you think this could run on a large database relatively quickly?

BaseIntel® Core™ i7-720QM Mobile Processor (1.6GHz, turbo up to 2.8GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)

Specifications - Base

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 (64 BIT) - English

Specifications - Microsoft Operating System

512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HP 4570

Specifications - Video Card

4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048

320GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive

Specifications - Hard Drive

ANy help and not see other laptop thread would be much appreciated. By the way it has to be a laptop and I have 900 quid to spend

Thanks

I

RUn nicely?!As in a few leagues nicely or a few countries?

Its direct from Dell, a new deal they have for £700, does that sound ok to you?

I

Its widely expected that the specs for FM2010 wont be much different to FM09. £700 is a lot, but if you have then go for it. There are other laptops around that would do just a good of a job but cost less. Ive always found Dell to be expensive anyways.

There are Acer laptops in Tescos with dual core processors and 4GB RAM for £399. Those will speed through FM very adequately.

i personally wouldnt go for acer. its your descsion in the end but ive heard various problems about them the main one over-heating constantly.

Why don't you go for 8GB of RAM?? In that way, you can play ALL the leagues in the game!!

tbh with you 8gb ram is overkill just for FM.

~~Stevie G~~

Archived