Cm/fm complete collection boxset?!

Apart from the licensing issues, i have enough clutter without more bits and bobs lying around.

it would be cool though to have like the lord of the rings collection or something like that! it would make a great GIFT too ! and also if you ever wanted to play the other games!

I'd rather they just made an ornament that looked like a box set of CM/FM, because if there was an actual real box set, I'd not play any, I'd just sit them on my shelf to look all pretty

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. My initial reaction was "wow what a great idea!" until I realised that a) I've already paid for all of those games already over the course of my life and b) why would I ever want to play a version that isn't the latest one?*

They would just sit on the shelf, reminding me of how much money I've given the Collyer Brothers and in return, how much enjoyment they've added to my life / ruined my expensive education.

*Leaving aside those who choose to play FM07/FM08 because they don't like FM09 etc.

I tried FM05 recently. Loaded a game with 10 countries and about 30 leagues on a large database - this process took about 20 seconds, which is almost as long as I lasted before switching it off. :D

Not a good idea. Sorry, gets a :thdn: from me.

Maybe if they were all updated with the latest DB?

Even so, I don't see why you wouldn't want the latest and greatest game TBH, people rave about CM01, but I tried that, and it was the biggest waste of 3 hours of my time downloading, about an hour of playing I've ever had!

• Administrators

CM 01 is terrible. I wasn't much of a fan of the CM3 series (compared to CM4-FM or CM2), even though I bought every one of them.

9798 all the way.

I hope there is never a COMPLETE collection boxset, beacuse that would mean that the Football Manager Series would have ended! :( But I know what you mean. Having a case for all the games so far would be pretty cool!!!:) But as people have said it could not happen.

A lot of the time its just pure nostalgia and memories that make people think of fondness about past versions. Something great they achieved etc etc. 9 times out of 10 though, when playing an older version, people realise how basic it was in comparison to the latest version.

It would be more a collectable then anything else as I doubt many people would play more then one regularly. Plus if you're used to a feature it would be difficult to go back. Tried going back to 07 from 08 but despite it being a switch back to my (back then) favourite version from my least favourite it didn't feel right without a couple of minor but very useful options.

It's also pointless given the fact that a new CM (from this year's release, one presumes) and FM is made every year. The box set would have to be re-released each successive year with the latest editions added. It's more practical that if someone wants to complete their back collection, they hunt them out and purchase/download individual games. The idea makes no sense whatsoever for anybody concerned, either in the production, selling, or buying of such a thing.

Not to mention the fact that neither Eidos nor SEGA/Sports Interactive would ever sanction such a venture.

Im sure somewhere in my loft I do actually have "the box set" :p I have owned every version of the game from the first demo onwards, but while I do chuckle playing the really old school ones (93/94 normally a fav) from time to time (normally when drunk) I honestly cant play any of the others due to lack of features I now cant do without.

Decided this year to give CM10 a try due to their "pay as much as you want" offer, so duly paid the minimum 2.51 and then played for approx 3 hours before uninstalling as it just didnt have the realism, game play or intelligence of an FM game but the biggest bug bear for me was that it didnt have some of the simple features built into FM over the last couple of versions, with assistants helping you evaluate your squad from dropdowns etc. Also it had no club debt for liverpool?? Im a fan of the club and even if I wasnt I think any football fan could tell you there is debt at liverpool yet in CM10 no debt and £65m to spend straight away... boring!

Archived