Upgrading of players for FM10

regs

What youth players do you guys feel should have a major upgrade for FM10? Being a Barcelona supporter i'd like to see Pedro get upgraded and the potential of Muniesa, Dos Santos, Jeffren and Fontas get drastic improvements so they can be good enough for the first team in the future unlike in FM09.

yeah ive heard good things about this kid. also andy carroll from newcastle looks alrite

A fair few of Newcastle's young players are better than they're given credit for. People like Tim Krul (Dutch GK, 21?) Steven Taylor (CB) and there's a lot of praise going around for the like of Zamblera, Tamas Kadar and others they brought in this past year or so.

i could tell you a few players from the portuguese league but you'll be like "who are those people?".. lol

You'll get 5 points for each player you know from this list:

Ukra (Olhanense)

Castro (Olhanense on loan from Porto)

Diogo Rosado (Sporting)

Roderick Miranda (Benfica)

Fabio Faria (Rio Ave)

Ishmael Yartey (Beira-Mar on loan from Benfica)

Joao Aurelio (Nacional)

Fredy (Belenenses)

Leandro Pimenta (Beira-Mar on loan from Benfica)

David Simão (Fatima on loan from Benfica)

Yazalde (Braga)

Mano (Belenenses)

Tengarrinha (Olhanense on loan from Porto)

Ventura (Olhanense on loan from Porto)

Targino (Guimarães .. i don't know why he sucks in FM 09 to be honest, he's a great player)

That's all i can remember now.

A fair few of Newcastle's young players are better than they're given credit for. People like Tim Krul (Dutch GK, 21?) Steven Taylor (CB) and there's a lot of praise going around for the like of Zamblera, Tamas Kadar and others they brought in this past year or so.

Zamblera has gone back to Italy now. Also keep an eye out for Haris Vuckic, he's just turned 17 but is getting watched by team like Real Madrid, Chelsea and Arsenal and rips up the reserve games ive seen him in.

i could tell you a few players from the portuguese league but you'll be like "who are those people?".. lol

Ukra (Olhanense)

Diogo Rosado (Sporting)

Fabio Faria (Rio Ave)

Joao Aurelio (Nacional)

Fredy (Belenenses)

Yazalde (Braga)

Mano (Belenenses)

Targino (Guimarães .. i don't know why he sucks in FM 09 to be honest, he's a great player)

I would also add:

Tiago Cintra from Leixões is doing very well.

Carlão from U.Leiria, Sporting already have an eye on him.

Ukra (Olhanense)

Diogo Rosado (Sporting)

Fabio Faria (Rio Ave)

Joao Aurelio (Nacional)

Fredy (Belenenses)

Yazalde (Braga)

Mano (Belenenses)

Rui Patrício(Sporting CP) deserves to be better. The coaches at Sporting CP(in game) themselves don't even rate him

Rui Patrício(Sporting CP) deserves to be better. The coaches at Sporting CP(in game) themselves don't even rate him

Rui Patricio was really inconsistent last year to say the least, in FM09 he was better than IRL, i think it's fair if his attributes stay as they are right now.

As a Norwich fan I can say that many of last seasons academy players are now breaking into the 1st team, and not just because we have dropped so far and have no other choice, but we are again producing the kind of players that made our academy one of the best in the country in the 90s.

Tom Adeyemi

Declan Rudd

Korey Smith

Luke Daley

David Stephens

Jed Steer

Mickey Spillane

All these should get a good boost imo, as in 09 they are not even good enough for the BS S/N (apart from in my edited version where I have given them a realistic boost)

Declan Rudd and Korey smith should hopefully have the potential to play at championship level at least. There looking very promising this season.

I havent seen much of him but i was at the game on saturday (Gills v Norwich) and he looked a bit dodgy for me. Was nearly beaten nearpost and charged out of the goal at one point and missed the catch. Reactions wise he seems decent but a little to eager for me. But that will diminish with age.

Possibly the excitement of making his debut Gunner, he is a solid keeper and general feeling is he will take the step up quite easily, in fact many of us were hoping he would be the 1st choice keeper instead of a loan one, perhaps now he will take his chance.

how about chris wood at albion he is quality and hes 0nly 17/18, he already got premiership and championship games under his belt.;)

Being a new zealander i'm really looking forward to see this guy aswell. Had the chance to play against him when he was still playing in new zealand in our national youth league and he was a class above. which is probably obvious considering hes now playing first team in england haha

Connor Wickham should be one to watch out for. He just turned 16 and has played quite a few games for Ipswich and England U17's this year already.

I've got to agree. I went to the Shrewsbury vs Ipswich game in the Carling Cup earlier this season, he scored 2 and was a class above anyone else on show

I havent seen much of him but i was at the game on saturday (Gills v Norwich) and he looked a bit dodgy for me. Was nearly beaten nearpost and charged out of the goal at one point and missed the catch. Reactions wise he seems decent but a little to eager for me. But that will diminish with age.

It was his first pro game so you can't expect him to be amazing. I don't think his CA should be raised much but his PA should be fairly high (top end championship to bottom end prem level from what I've seen in the FA Youth Cup and Under 18 League.

As for Korey Smith, this guy has the potential to become Englands answer to Claude Makalele.

Archived