2009 Saved game in 2010

Charly

I am so attached to my teams in FM2009, for the fist time In about 10 years, I am considering not getting fm2010 on its launch day

Ive not actually seen anything that makes the game that much better than FM2009 to make it a must buy.

But the database for players and clubs has remained fairly similar all the way through the FMseries, so my question would be why cant SI develop a save game converter so we can continue to use a FM2009 team in FM2010? This would then make the game indispensible.

Would there be much interest in this from other players? OR is most of the fun restarting in an up-to-date league?

I dont think its workable to be honest. Say if they did, and its now time for the release of fm2015. Are they stilll going to want to be working on a convertor for 09 games? or 10? how far back do you make it work? back to 07? further? Plus, with the new features that come with each new game, there would be areas of your old save that just wouldnt work. 08 to 09 for example.. what about the coding for the press conferences? theyre not in 08 so how would you get around that?

Im only talking about the database. The game is modular in design. So you would take the people, clubs, stadiums and history and load them into the new game.

The coding for press conferenses isnt part of the game save game data. Thingslike that are superfluous anyway. Anything missing thats required can be taken from the current years database. IF it doesnt exist, it can be generated at the time of conversion

You only need a converter for the previous game.

Archived