[FM09] Not Just Park Football.

TaylorB

s31utw.png

Bradford Association Football Club (always referred to as Bradford Park Avenue) is a football club based in Bradford, West Yorkshire.

I started this game as an attempt to complete Dafuge's Challenge. Now that it is complete I'll be starting to use it for Neppo's Youth Player Thread and hopefully keep you interested in here.

The game is run on the 9.3.0 patch with just the English loads loaded on a large database.

Bradford Park Avenue 2009/2010 -

BSN

Starting the season with a media prediction of 20th meant that I thought we were in for a season that would be an almighty struggle. However, I stayed in the top 4 all season and stayed top since the 15th game and never looked like budging from that position.

I struggled to find any players to my squad and I stupidly forgot to check when players were out of contract so a bunch left and I was stuck with 5 players of a poor standard with only 3 weeks until the start of the season.

Trial day was my saviour in all honesty; I signed 14 players from it. The signings gave my squad a nice, balanced look about it, not sensational but I thought it was enough to survive.

My first goal in the BSN came after only three minutes and it was the first of many during the season (81 to be precise) which ultimately led to an unexpected title win that the fans were understandably delighted with.

Table

Squad:

Goalkeepers – Probably my weakest area as I couldn’t for the life of me find a decent keeper to get on loan no matter how hard I looked and every freebie keeper was terrible. I had to stick with my original keeper in the squad Tom Morgan who did a solid job while I looked for a better keeper. Rene Gilmartin arrived in January and straight away took the number one jersey and was solid

Defenders – I only had one option at right back during the season, Tom Hirst played so consistently well I didn’t need another option throughout the season, He will be first choice next season but I need to get cover if I want to progress in the BSP. In the centre of my defence I had a settled partnership of Sagi Burton and Michael Byron both signed from the trial day, they were both rocks and contributed to me only conceding 41 goals all season (the 5th best record in the league). Unlike the rest of my defence I had to use rotation for my left back slot as both players could play on the wing or at full back. Kevin Sandwith was my first choice with Brett Poate backing him up. Towards the end of the season John Woolley was sent to me on loan by my feeder club Barnsley and he took the first choice left back slot and performed exceptionally well in the short amount of games he appeared in.

Midfielders – Rotation was key to my midfield with all but one player signed on trial day and all players’ making over 35 appearances. Firstly Matthew James had a fine season for the club playing on the right wing. My tactic doesn’t utilise wingers to their best ability but he still chipped in with plenty of goals and assists. On the other flank was Ryan Goward who again had a fine season on the wing contributing with a lot of assists from out wide mainly to the head of Walker. In the centre I used a mix of Adam Wilson, Ian Herring and Sam Cutler who all of them had a great season scoring crucial goals and working tirelessly every game throughout the season.

Strikers – Upfront we had the league’s best player, second highest goal scorer and highest assist maker in Jason Walker. A freebie signing at the start of the season who performed beyond belief and will again lead the line in the BSP with hopefully the same results. Supporting him was the league’s 5th highest goal scorer Chris Hall who doesn’t have the greatest ability in the world but makes up for it with his eye for goal and he like Walker will still lead the line next season. Completing the forward line were James Scales and Ian Armstrong who chipped in with 16 goals between them to aid the push for promotion.

Manager Of The Season – Ignore the picture..

Player Of The Season – Thoroughly deserved in my opinion..

Finances – A major drop early in the season and then it consistently plummeted then rose the next month then plummeted again etc.

Best Eleven – Everyone who should be in there is..

Brief Overview – would have liked to have made the First round proper of the F.A Cup but I won the league so can’t really complain

An embarrassing defeat to Leatherhead in the F.A trophy 3rd qual. Round was very disappointing though.

Aims for next season:

• May be a bit eager but I honestly think we can achieve PROMOTION.

• Sort out the squad – removing dead wood and strengthening key positions

• Improve Finances.

Season             League                            League Position          Achievements
2009/10          Blue Square North                    1st                      Promoted as Champions

Bradford Park Avenue 2010/2011 - BSP

A cracking season where I was looking at a playoff place until the last game of the season.

I needed a win and Rushden to lose to Histon, and they did:D.

Again Jason Walker was the key player with 27 goals in 35 apps.

So yeah, Champions:D.

Knocked out in the F.A cup via a replay against League 2 strugglers Bournemouth 2-0. :(

Aims from last season:

•May be a bit eager but I honestly think we can achieve PROMOTION. League Graph COMPLETE

•Sort out the squad – removing dead wood and strengthening key positions COMPLETE

•Improve Finances. COMPLETE

[/font]

Aims For Next Season:

•Survive

•Establish at least one great player down the spine of the team

•Cup Run

Season             League                            League Position          Achievements
2009/10          Blue Square North                    1st                      Promoted as Champions.
2010/11           Blue Square Premier                  1st                      Promoted as Champions.

[/font]

TaylorB - League Two - 2011/12 End of Season Update

A season vast exceeding expectations of the board and myself!

Struggled early on and couldn'y buy a point but from then on we were picking up the odd win and draw here and there. With 13 games left I was happy at being mid-table and finishing around there but for the last 13 games I was unbeaten and sneaked into the last playoff place. I was suprisingly confident though, as we were in the form of our lives and the others were dipping, we faced 30 game table tobbers Barnet who hadn't won in 5 games first and a 1-0 home victory and a 1-1 draw away from home booked our place in the final against Morecambe. Jake Howells scored the one and only goal with a towering header after a fine flowing move that summed up our season.

FT 1-0:D

Table

Graph

Star

Aims for the new season:

Stay in the division

Find some good cheap players

Get some improvements in facilities.

2009/10          Blue Square North                    1st                      Promoted as Champions.
2010/11           Blue Square Premier                  1st                      Promoted as Champions.
2011/12            League Two                             6th                     Promoted through play-offs.

TaylorB - League One - 2012/13 End of Season Update

Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

Get all my signings from assitants team report, easy.

Aims for the new season:

Promotion

Find some championship potential players.

Get some improvements in facilities.

2011/12            League Two                             6th                     Promoted through play-offs.
2012/13             League One                             14th                  

TaylorB - League One - 2013/2014

Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

Ended up getting worse than last season rather than progressing:mad:

Aims for the last season:

Promotion *Failed*

Find some championship potential players. *Succesful, Kind Off - all young so haven't reached their potential*

Get some improvements in facilities. *Succesful! Two upgrades, one at the start one at the end of the season :D*

Aims for the next season:

Consolidate, Maybe play-offs.

Trim the squad

More quality players..

2013/14              League One                             18th                         

TaylorB - League One - 2014/2015

Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

A better than expected season and in a way I'm happy I didn't go up because I don't think I'd be able to survive in the championship with my finances.

2013/14              League One                             18th       
2014/15               League One                             6th                    Lost in play-off semi final                  

TaylorB - League One - 2015/2016

Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

Sailed through without any slip-ups in the league which was nice.

Balance is now -600 thousand though :(

2009/10         Blue Square North                    1st                      Promoted as Champions.
2010/11           Blue Square Premier                 1st                      Promoted as Champions.
2011/12           League Two                             6th                     Promoted through play-offs.
2012/13           League One                            14th             
2013/14           League One                            18th       
2014/15           League One                            6th                      Lost in play-off semi final           
2015/16           League One                            2nd                     Promoted        

TayloB - Championship - 2016/2017

Table

Graph

Squad

Well, I think that's us consolidated in the Championship.

Missing out on the play-off's is a blessing in disguise as we are not even remotely close to being good enough to compete at that level. All in all a fantastic season.

Star Player 1/2

2009/10         Blue Square North                    1st                      Promoted as Champions.
2010/11           Blue Square Premier                 1st                      Promoted as Champions.
2011/12           League Two                             6th                     Promoted through play-offs.
2014/15           League One                            6th                      Lost in play-off semi final           
2015/16           League One                            2nd                     Promoted      
2016/17           Championship                          7th

TaylorB - Championship - 2017/2018

Table

Graph

Squad

Promotion \o/.

Mainly due to the run from January where I only lost once. \o/.

This was down to players coming back from injury and a change of tactic to a more attacking game. It evidently worked. :cool:

2009/10           Blue Square North                     1st                   Promoted as Champions.
2010/11           Blue Square Premier                   1st                   Promoted as Champions.
2011/12           League Two                            6th                   Promoted through play-offs.
2016/17           Championship                          7th
2017/18           Championship                          2nd                     Promoted

Does this help Taylor :p

Season      League                            League Position         Achievements
2009/10     Blue Square North                 1st                     Promoted as Champions.
2010/11     Blue Square Premier               1st                     Promoted as Champions.
2011/12     League Two                        6th                     Promoted through play-offs.
2012/13     League One                        14th             
2013/14     League One                        18th       
2014/15     League One                        6th                     Lost in play-off semi final
2015/16     League One                        2nd                     Promoted      
2016/17     Championship                      7th
2017/18     Championship                      2nd                     Promoted

Does this help Taylor :p

Season      League                            League Position         Achievements
2009/10     Blue Square North                 1st                     Promoted as Champions.
2010/11     Blue Square Premier               1st                     Promoted as Champions.
2011/12     League Two                        6th                     Promoted through play-offs.
2014/15     League One                        6th                     Lost in play-off semi final

I suppose it does. Thanks :D

TaylorB - Premiership - 2018/2019

Table

Graph

Squad

Well, we survived. That's all that was needed. We were looking down mid way through the season but we managed to get our form together at the crucial time.

Transfers.

Finances.

2018/19     Premier Division                  17th                   

I apologise for the short season reviews, screenshots are being taken now, because I stopped season reports in the Dafuge's thread as I felt they took a lot of time, for little feedback. From after this season the reports will be longer with more information.

TaylorB - Premiership - 2019/2020

Table

Well, another season of survival. Not any progress made at all. Which is a tad disappointing. Next season we'll need to progress.

A few good signings will be key. We have the players, just not the strength in depth.

Transfers.

2018/19     Premier Division                  17th                   
2019/20     Premier Division                  17th

TaylorB - English Premier League - 2020/2021.

BBC Sport Blogs, Phil McNulty

'Proving their worth'

Pre-season was busy and full of excitement for Bradford Park Avenue fans as they witnessed some potential stars in world football arrive at the club. News that a new stadium would be complete at the end of the season buoyed the fans even more so.

However, after two 17th place finishes in the EPL how would they fare? Would they ever progress under manager Ben Taylor? They were given pre-season odds of 1000-1 and had a media prediction of an unsurprising 17th place. The buzz around the club around the club was all in part down to two singings. Andrea Valenti, a young Italian striker who many believe to be the successor to Christian Vieri and Del Piero as the worldwide known striker who strikes fear into opposition defences minds and young Brazilian midfielder Jorge, who fans believed strengthened a weak midfield area and so he would be the star of Brazilian football alongside long-term target of the club Rubens. Taylor has been chasing Rubens for many a year and Bradford PA are expecting his singing to come in the next three to four years if ever.

The season started off slowly for Bradford PA, not many goals, not many conceded either. But after the squad had started to gel Bradford PA looked a force to be reckoned with. If their second half of the season form was there for the whole season who knows, the premier league could have had a new champion. Bradford PA were in Europe when England was designated another European slot due to the fair play award.

League Table | League Graph

Now without any further delay, lets meet the squad;

Lubomir Ivanov continued to impress in goal, only letting 50 goals past him all season, with Bradford's early season shaky defence that is truly astonishing. Alfonso again was backup but wants a new challenge with A.C Milan trying to land the 23 year old.

New signings Guilherme and Dominic Loncaric slotted straight into the defence and both started off shaky before turning into a vital part of the team that only conceded 9 goals in the last 22 games. Guilherme was steady yet not spectacular whereas Loncaric was steady and spectacular, this was epitomised by a 30 yard rocket from the breakdown of a corner against Liverpool. Milan Misun in his final season at Bradford PA was again a rock at left back; it was somewhat surprising that Taylor decided to show him the boot purely because he didn't have a generated face. Whatever tickles his fancy I suppose. Steve Wotton partnered Loncaric in the heart of the defence and was disappointing in my opinion. Wotton surely wouldn't have played if there was a suitable replacement, hence why he has been sold by Taylor. Veteran Senegalese defender Mamadou Diatta provided back-up for right-back and centre-back and showed his professionalism by not complaining when dropped despite being consistent all season.

Ignacio Delgado again terrorized left-backs throughout the season, chipping in with a small amount of assists but often being pivotal to the teams move. The other side was the same with Charis Lazaridis chipping in with a generous amount of assists and also being involved in most of Bradford PA's moves when wandering infield. There was shock when Taylor decided to sell him to Wigan at the end of the season judging by his good form from this season. Young Brazilian starlet Jorge proved why there was so much buzz around his signing by consistently putting in breathtaking performance after breathtaking performance earning him second place in the young player of the year award, his passing was nothing short of magical, Merlin would have been proud. Alongside Jorge was captain fantastic Mauro Cámara, after a disappointing Euro for him with Italy; he returned to Bradford PA showing the commitment and desire which has made him a fans favourite, nothing short of a majestical season for the lad. Andrzej Sacha and Vitomir Karadzic will no doubt be disappointed about not being first choice but they consistently performed for Taylor when asked too, and will be looking at more first team games next season I presume.

The undoubted star of the season, winning the young player of the year award was Andrea Valenti. He proved why he was being talked about by the media, and is now described as a 'wonderkid.' It was a fantastic bit of business by Taylor and with the amount of goals scored by Valenti in his debut season, there must be more to come from the youngster, his fantastic season earned him the young player of the year award. Valenti's occasional strike partner was his fellow Italian Massimiliano Bruno, so far he has disappointed at Bradford PA after arriving with the potential to be a great, this season he proved why he was described like that when he arrived and caused a constant thorn in the opponents defence. Rotating with Bruno was Tanguy Leconte, last season’s PL top scorer, had an indifferent season. It seemed when he played well, the team played well and when he didn't the team didn't. Leconte chipped in with his fair share of goals but couldn't repeat last season’s heroics, next season he'll have to prove he wasn't a one season wonder. Taylor recognized that his three strikers were great headers of the ball but he didn't have a silky, flair striker who could turn matches around with his skill. He recognized Vincent Ngema playing for South Africa when he was observing Ivanov playing for Bulgaria. Ngema was the answer to Taylor's problems; he seemed quick, powerful and another great header of a football. He didn't have the flair Taylor wanted but he was lethal in front of goal. Taylor signed him and he immediately settled in and carried on his great scoring record for country and club level.

Squad

Seasonal Best Eleven | Overall Best Eleven

Finances

For the next season, Bradford PA hope to have a solid, European campaign and that will helped by British transfer record signing Dennie Schutz who cost a whopping £50million. Will he be worth it, only time will tell...

2009/10           Blue Square North                  1st                      Promoted as Champions.
2010/11           Blue Square Premier                1st                      Promoted as Champions.
2011/12           League Two                         6th                     Promoted through play-offs.
2012/13           League One                         14th             
2013/14           League One                         18th       
2014/15           League One                         6th                      Lost in play-off semi final           
2015/16           League One                         2nd                     Promoted      
2016/17           Championship                       7th
2017/18           Championship                       2nd                     Promoted
2018/19           Premiership                        17th             
2019/20           Premiership                        17th
2020/21           Premiership                        7th                     Qualified for Euro Cup

TaylorB - English Premier League - 2021/2022.

BBC Sport Blogs, Phil McNulty

'Taylor? The new Jesus?'

No one could have expected before the season started that Ben Taylor could take Bradford PA to the Premiership Title and the Uefa Cup titles. It can be considered somewhat of a miracle. Predicted to finish ninth, they surprised media and managers to storm to the title despite a late stumble. They broke the world record transfer fee with the signing of Dennie Schutz, who despite his poor discipline was a rock at the back and goes down as an undoubted success so far.

The season started in majestical style for Bradford PA as they stormed to towards the top end of the table and by the end of game week 14, they were top and they would stay there for the rest of the campaign. There rise to the top of the table shocked everyone associated with football except of course for Taylor, who kept a cool calm collected head despite other managers trying to take his mind off the title. The main reason for the trophy win was Bradford PA’s results against the teams around them at the top of the table, winning the majority of games against the big names.

With the Premiership being a monumental surprise, what was the Uefa Cup classed as? Only in the competition due to the fair play award, they stormed out of the group stage and beat German giants Bayern on the way to the final where they played Liverpool. Despite Liverpool dominating the game, Bradford took their chance and held Liverpool to a draw. Extra time was over in a flash with both teams players running empty. Penalties were the only option and Bradford PA delighted their fans by keeping their cool and winning the Uefa Cup at the first time, They won’t be able to defend it however, but the experience of winning a European trophy must be good experience for the team to compete in the Champions League.

Now without any further delay, let’s meet the squad;

Lubomir Ivanov again continued in goal after fighting off £20million+ bids during the summer and again impressed. Alfonso is still unhappy and will hopefully be replaced during the summer transfer window.

The Bradford PA defence was as steady as they come; conceding the least amount of goals in the league during the season. Brazilian Guilherme continued at right back and improved during the season after a dreadful start, he was solid in the tackle and proved a constant attacking threat to opposition teams. His attacking threat earned him a call-up to the Brazilian national team; he is the stereotypical Brazilian full back in all honesty, with Taylor at the helm he will flourish at Bradford PA for many years to come. Dennie Schütz, the £50 million man was a rock at the back. Taylor will want him to calm down and improve his discipline for next season though, as he is crucial to the team and suspension is a massive loss to the team. Dominic Loncaric continued in his centre back role for the second season and had a solid season, forming a formidable partnership with Dennie. New signing Kevin Müller had a solid season, Taylor would have wanted more but he is settling into English football and will have to improve next season. Mamadou Diatta again provided back up, the veteran played extremely well when called upon and is a fine role model for the club’s youngsters.

Ignacio Delgado yet again terrorized defences with his pace and dribbling skills. Just like the rest of the English public and Taylor; I am perplexed to why he hasn’t been called up to the full Spain squad. Roy Bond was seen as somewhat of a panic buy by Taylor on deadline day approached with no left winger in the squad, Bond proved the critics wrong though with two goals on his debut and despite being below-par in the Premiership he was outstanding throughout Bradford PA’s journey to the Uefa Cup trophy. Captain Fantastic Mauro Cámara had another majestic season, barely putting a foot wrong despite being the most watched player in Bradford PA’s team; Cámara was man of the match in the Uefa Cup Final which summed up his importance to the team. Alongside Cámara in the best midfield in the Premiership was Brazilian international Jorge. Jorge impressed all season and was in majestic form throughout. He was easily Bradford PA’s best player and will one day be the best player in the world. He is certainly one of the best in the premiership at the moment in my opinion. Alan Burke only played a small amount of games but the youth player is highly thought off at Bradford PA and he played well when he was asked to. Andrzej Sacha again only had a small part in the season but he performed exceptionally when he had to impress Taylor, he may have to look to pastures new. Vitomir Karadzic had a disappointing season, his position at the club is under threat with a reported dispute with assistant manager Mick Hampson, and he will have to prove his worth to the team over the summer in order to stay at the club.

Andrea Valenti had a strange season. He started off poor and he was dropped and Taylor was reported to be considering selling him off for a big profit as he didn’t believe he would reach his potential. After the transfer window had shut with him still being at Bradford PA he started to shine and put in consistently world-class performances which won him the premiership young player of the year award, although Jorge and Dennie deserved to finish above him. Massimiliano Bruno had a season to forget and Taylor placed him on the transfer list at the end of the season. When he was signed he was highly rated but he flopped. Even Akinbiyi would have given out more hope. Tanguy Leconte proved that he wasn’t a one season wonder by scoring consistent, important, match-winning goals on a regular basis. He leads the line well for Taylor’s team and has a keen eye for goal. Vincent Ngema seems to have sacrificed his goal scoring boots for South Africa (not scoring in 9 games now.) in order to play at his best for his club and it’s working for him. He had a fantastic season and he’s a firm favourite of the manager and of the fans.

Squad

Finances

Whether the success of the season was a one off or they can continue their rise to the top of the world game by winning the Premiership again and aim for success in the Champions League will be seen next season. One thing’s for sure; with Taylor in charge, anything is possible.

2009/10           Blue Square North                  1st                      Promoted as Champions.
2010/11           Blue Square Premier                1st                      Promoted as Champions.
2011/12           League Two                         6th                      Promoted through play-offs.
2012/13           League One                         14th             
2013/14           League One                         18th       
2014/15           League One                         6th                      Lost in play-off semi final           
2015/16           League One                         2nd                      Promoted      
2016/17           Championship                       7th
2017/18           Championship                       2nd                      Promoted
2018/19           Premiership                        17th             
2019/20           Premiership                        17th
2020/21           Premiership                        7th                      Qualified for Euro Cup
2012/22           Premiership                        1st                      PL Champions, Uefa Cup Winners 

Manager of the Year | Team of the Year

Bradford PA – Premier League 2022/23

After winning the Premier League for the first time last season I was determined to progress in Europe and cement my place at the top of the Premier League, but things don't always turn out how you planned them too.

Pre-Season transfers saw highly promising youngster Jeremy Leclerc arrive for just under two million pounds. Leclerc to me seems to have a promising future in the game, if nurtured correctly I could have a real star on my hands. Next through the door was two halves of David Fedele equalling a sum of 14 million pounds, Fedele was a new Italian international and was determined to hold down a place in the Italian Squad by performing well at club level, and I was hoping the same thing.

The last of my three signings was German Wonderkid Falko Cozza, a hard-tackling determined midfielder, the typical German footballer in my eyes but also mixed with the passing ability of a Brazilian playmaker. Cozza will be a crucial player for the club over the next ten years if I can keep hold of him as he is blessed with all the natural ability you could ask for.

With no first teamers leaving the club during pre-season I had a reasonably settled squad, although in January I did allow Andrzej Sacha, Ignacio Delgado and Massimilano Bruno leave the club.

Sacha was always a bit-part player and was always looking for a first team role, so he left ship to go to Cardiff. Another player to head to Cardiff was Delgado. For 5 years the ever-present on the right-wing but he was turning the wrong side of 30 and his performances had dropped considerably, I thought it was right to accept a 14 and a half million pounds bid from Cardiff while I had the chance.

Bruno was the most upsetting of the lot to leave, coming to the club with so much promise, he never fulfilled his potential. Rated as one of the best players in the division when he arrived after fighting off competition from Europe's top clubs, he continually disappointed, with his top goal scoring campaign being a paltry 8 goals from 36 games, due to this he was allowed to leave the club to join a club in his homeland; Lazio.

The season started off well with two trophies out of two, with a community shield win over Arsenal and a Super Cup win over Real Madrid; after these I felt that we could go on and doing something special during the season, I was sadly very disappointed.

We were never in contention for the league, as we drew too many silly games and lost games when we were winning and bossing the game. The squad harmony hit an all time 0% during the seasona dn this wasn't helped by injuries to all my players that were able to play CB meaning my towering striker Valenti had to fill in at the back for a month, which included 4 fixtures against the top 4 and two against top half teams, not ideal. When all my players were fit however towards the end of the season, we showed what we could do with 4 victories in a row followed by a couple of defeats. We ended in a very disappointing 9th place and I expect a recovery next season.

Champions League:

Before the Champions League I was confident we were good enough to progress and win the competition. We walked the group stages, comfortably finishing top ahead of FC Bayern, with the youngsters playing the final two games.

My home form was key to the route to the final; with victories against Newcastle, Real Madrid & Juventus in our back garden proving that we were up there with the best.

The final will be best explained by a screenshot rather than me describing it, but it was a tight game, where we converted 3 goals from 4 shots. Very impressive in such a big game.

Final | Report

Knockout Round Tree | Group

Best Goal | Best Player | Dream Team

Squad:

GK: Ivanov; My favourite player, not the best, but highly valuable to the team, and a constant performer in the big games.

DR: Guilherme; The Brazilian nailed the right-back place and will be hoping to get back into the Brazil squad after an impressive season.

DC: Schutz; The impressive Belgian spent just as much time getting warnings from the referee as he did playing. Still, he did play outstanding when he wasn't banned.

DC: Loncaric; The massive Aussie was like his native Ayres Rock at the back; he gets better with age; which is handy for someone turning the wrong side of 30.

DL: Muller; The weak link in my squad and got constantly run around and out of position; will be backup next season

MR: Camara; Captain of the team moved to his weaker position but sitll performed extremly well.

DM: Cozza; The wonderkid came in and was phenomonal, a hard tackling typical German powerhouse with the skill of a Brazilian playmaker.

CM: Jorge; The linchpin of my team and vital for the team to play well.

ML: Bond; Exceeded all expectations and chipped in with vital goals and assists for the team.

ST: Fedele; Fedele came in for his first season in English football and performed well; more will be expected next season though

ST: Ngema; Ngemas Goalscoring Record is second to none; key to club and country and will only improve

Reserves:

GK: Alfonso

MC: Leclerc

MC: Karadzic

ST: Valenti

MR: Burke

DR: Diatta

ST: Leconte

Next season will see wholesale changes as I get rid of players I no longer have an emotional attachment too in order to get some longevity into the save. Another reason for this is my lavish spending in order to get success has caused me to be in debt until the end of season financial rewards are handed out. A new tactic as well, to try and work around my players and play the football I want to be played will more than likely end in a mid table finish but I'm trying to get progression and then dominated world football whereas at the moment that's impossible with my squad and finances.

Affiliated Clubs | Finances

Season             League                    League Position          Achievements
2009/10           Blue Square North               1st                 Promoted as Champions.
2010/11           Blue Square Premier             1st                 Promoted as Champions.
2011/12           League Two                      6th                 Promoted through play-offs.
2012/13           League One                      14th             
2013/14           League One                      18th       
2014/15           League One                      6th                 Lost in play-off semi final           
2015/16           League One                      2nd                 Promoted      
2016/17           Championship                    7th
2017/18           Championship                    2nd                 Promoted
2018/19           Premiership                     17th             
2019/20           Premiership                     17th
2020/21           Premiership                     7th                 Qualified for Euro Cup
2021/22           Premiership                     1st                 PL Champions, Uefa Cup Winners
2022/23           Premiership                     9th                 Super Cup, Community Shield, Champions League.
*****************************************Challenge Complete******************************************

• 2 weeks later...

First off, I apologise for skipping a season update. I didn’t take any screenshots apart from these four;

one, two, three, four. Due to the challenge being completed and me not thinking I’d continue season updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bradford PA – Premier League 2024/25

Pre-Season

I started pre-season knowing I had an impressive £42million to spend, and it was my intention to do so. I scouted the world for the key positions I needed and for promising youngsters. What came back was disappointing so I did the hard work for myself. I looked through every country in the top 100 of the world and came back with the following;

Ilja Troshin - Not sure as to whether he was a striker or a winger when he arrived. Looks to have massive potential. Already a permanent fixture in the Russia squad. Will add a lot to the team.

Mikhail Kolesov - Another permanent fixture in the Russia squad and also looks to have a massive amount of potential. Only bad thing is he's joined in the position that's the most competitive.

Harold Walker - Impressed for Stoke last year winning the players' young player of the year award. Looks to be set as the linchpin of the England team in the future. Will be vital to our team this year. I hope so after shelling out £38.5 million anyway!

Manuel Castillo - Found in the Spanish u21 squad. I may have overspent, but if he becomes the good EPL defender he is meant too then I can more than likely get a profit out of him.

Mark Morrison - Has the most potential of the lot. Could be the best player in the world. If he doesn't make the cut, I don't deserve to be the manager of this club anymore. A very exciting prospect, and a steal at just under £3million.

Transfers

League Graph

After winning the league three years ago the team has gone downhill. Not planning for the future and aiming for immediate success has lead to the team having certain star individuals but far too few and not up there to challenge for the title. The media agreed and predicted a 6th place finish for the team. Something I agreed with entirely.

The league itself was a mixed bag; far too many draws or losses against lower teams we needed to beat yet exceptional performances against teams expected to beat us. This does give me encouragement that when/if we get back to the top of the league we’ll be able to compete well.

We ended up losing 6th place on the last day of the season losing to Man Utd and ended up finishing in 8th. This wasn’t Europe. This is lower than I expected and I wasn’t happy. We tailed off badly towards the end of the season after pushing for a Champions League place all season. We have a young squad now however and an era of Bradford PA dominance doesn’t look too far away.

Europe

The less said about Europe the better in reality. We cruised the group stages and qualified after winning four out of four with 15 goals scored – none conceded. However, with the kids playing the last two games weren’t easy. We still comfortably finishing top though and would face Olympiakos in the first knockout round. A tired display after a congested month of fixtures saw us lose out 2-0 away from home leaving us with a battle on our hands. A battle in which sadly, we lost in after winning the home leg 1-0; yet that wasn’t enough. After winning the Champions league two years ago we’re now not in Europe at all. I may have made the wrong decision in going for immediate success...

Cups

In the league cup; the kids sailed into the final even beating a full strength Man City team. We then faced Swansea in the final and my dilemma as to whether to play the kids or the full team was a tough one. I went with the first team; and they went on to lose on penalties (the English penalty curse again, despite none of my penalty takers being English) despite dominating near enough the whole game.

The kids also played in the F.A Cup; yet only reached the fourth round before losing to struggling League One side Millwall in a tense game in the wind and rain.

We need to perform better in the cups at this stage; the prize money is valuable.

Record Against The Teams Who Finished Above Us.

|------------|------------|------------|
|   Team     |  Home Rec. |  Away Rec. |  
| Chelsea    |    2-0     |    1-2     |
| Tottenham  |    1-2     |    1-2     |
| Arsenal    |    3-1     |    2-2     |
| Man City   |    0-0     |    2-0     | 
| Newcastle  |    1-0     |    1-2     | 
| Aston Villa|    1-1     |    0-1     | 
| Leeds      |    2-3     |    1-2     | 

Youth Team

The Youth Team had a terrible season; comfortably finishing bottom of their group with only one win. I’ll be investing into the youth more and hope to see improvements.

Transfer Targets

I mainly have my eyes set on youth now; in order to develop the future of this club. However; in the long term I have my eyes set on Arnold Van Der Ven & Denis Popovic for when/if I dominate the English League’s they’re top quality footballers and will be in their prime by the time I can realistically sign them.

Miscellaneous

Average Attendance Record

Cash Injection

Finances:

Expenditure | Finances | Income | Salary

Squad

Squad

Goalkeepers

Lyubomir Ivanov

|-------------|------|-------|-------|------|------|
|             | Apps | Conc. | Clean | MotM | Av.R | 
| This Season |  39  |  35   |  18   |  1   | 6.88 |
| Bradford PA |  311 |  375  |  98   |  6   | 6.83 |
| Career      |  361 |  424  |  117  |  8   | 6.89 |

[left]
[b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] One of the most loyal players at the club. Gets better with age and more competition. Joined during the first season of the Premiership where we shipped goals and has improved every season. Will be under more competition next season and I fully expect him to thrive under it.[/left]

Tor Arne Iversen

|             | Apps | Conc. | Clean | MotM | Av.R | 
| This Season |  39  |  35   |  18   |  1   | 6.97 |
| Bradford PA |  32  |  27   |  16   |  1   | 6.93 |
| Career      |  57  |  53   |  30   |  1   | 6.94 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Has an incredible number of clean sheets to his name and is an incredible talent. Will push Ivanov hard for a first-team place in the coming season.  Needs to erase the odd mistake still; but that will come with age.

Defence

Right Back

Guilherme

|             | Apps | Goals | Assts | MotM | Av.R |
| This Season | 47   |   4   |   1   |   1  | 7.00 |
| Bradford PA | 222  |   11  |   9   |   6  | 6.89 |
| Career      | 291  |   11  |   20  |   8  | 6.17 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Has a poor career rating due to his time at Gremio; has been brilliant for me in over 200 appearances. A poor number of assists is more down to the narrow, defensive nature of my team more than anything to do with him. Has many years left in him too.[/left]

Mamadou Diatta

| This Season | 9    |   0   |   0   |   0  | 6.90 |
| Bradford PA | 168  |   7   |   4   |   2  | 6.83 |
| Career      | 566  |   20  |   82  |   20 | 6.90 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] A fantastic career the Senegalese international has had. Has been a rock at the back for me and I’m glad he’s seeing out his career at the club. I just hope he goes into coaching; his professionalism is second to none.

[/left]

Mark Morrison

| This Season | 14   |   1   |   2   |   0  | 6.87 |
| Bradford PA | 14   |   1   |   2   |   0  | 6.87 |
| Career      | 21   |   1   |   2   |   0  | 6.49 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] As I’ve previously stated; if this kid doesn’t make the grade I should retire. Has massive potential and has had a steady if not spectacular start to his Bradford PA game. Will have plenty of game time next year.

[/left]

Centre Back

Dennie Schutz

| This Season | 55   |   1   |   0   |   2  | 7.00 |
| Bradford PA | 175  |   7   |   7   |   9  | 6.97 |
| Career      | 361  |   11  |   17  |   20 | 7.02 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] These statistics are deceiving to say the least; Dennie has been fantastic for us when on the pitch. When being the key word. Suspensions lower his game time and his average rating. Best defender in the world when on the pitch though.

[/left]

Dominic Loncaric

| This Season | 43   |   1   |   3   |   1  | 7.08 |
| Bradford PA | 220  |   11  |   10  |   9  | 6.97 |
| Career      | 630  |   37  |   66  |   21 | 6.85 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] The Australian who I have named ‘Ayres Rock’ has had a remarkable game; without a doubt Australia’s best ever player and a true giant. Gets better with age and is an integral part of the side.

[/left]

Lazlo Balazs

| This Season | 44   |   6   |   2   |   1  | 6.83 |
| Bradford PA | 78   |   9   |   3   |   2  | 6.81 |
| Career      | 431  |   27  |   51  |   19 | 7.21 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] A terrific career average rating is down to his exceptional performances on the international scene. Has the ability to be fantastic but hasn’t shown this at the club yet; will need to improve.
[/left]

Manuel Castillo

| This Season |  12  |  1    |  0    |  0   | 6.81 |
| Bradford PA |  12  |  1    |  0    |  0   | 6.81 |
| Career      |  18  |  1    |  1    |  0   | 6.38 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Has the burden of a £7million price tag on his shoulders; but has made a good start to his career and I’m sure he’ll be a good player for club AND country in the future.

[/left]

Left Backs

Cemil Karabacak

| This Season |  54  |  6    |  13   |  2   | 7.13 |
| Bradford PA |  96  |  1    |  19   |  5   | 6.99 |
| Career      |  213 |  5    |  29   |  11  | 6.73 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Had a brilliant season down the left. Established as club and country’s number one left-back. A good number of assists considering he is set a defensive mindset. Set up Leconte 10 times during the season. That partnership could well be vital.

[/left]

Kevin Muller

| This Season |  23  |  1    |  2    |  2   | 7.07 |
| Bradford PA |  143 |  1    |  11   |  1   | 6.86 |
| Career      |  511 |  9    |  34   |  9   | 6.67 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Never the most talented player; but a very solid backup. Has been a star for the national side over the years but never repeated that form at club level. Will most likely keep him until he retires.[/left]

Midfield

Right Midfield

Ilja Troshin

| This Season |  43  |  12   |  9    |  7   | 7.38 |
| Bradford PA |  38  |  11   |  7    |  6   | 7.23 |
| Career      |  87  |  28   |  19   |  7   | 6.99 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Had a terrific first season at the club; consistently good and menacing. Yet to decide whether he’s a striker or right-midfielder still however. Played on the right-wing this season. Gained the ‘Wonderkid’ status.

[/left]

Alan Burke

| This Season |  15  |  0    |  2    |  0   | 6.94 |
| Bradford PA |  63  |  3    |  9    |  2   | 6.94 |
| Career      |  63  |  3    |  9    |  2   | 6.94 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Academy product done good. Should be getting more assists with his crossing ability and will expect more. Has become an important part of a matchday squad now.

[/left]

Central Midfield

Falko Cozza

| This Season |  37  |  6    |  7    |  3   | 7.07 |
| Bradford PA |  110 |  14   |  21   |  4   | 7.03 |
| Career      |  260 |  25   |  62   |  8   | 6.92 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] A typical German footballer. Tenacious in defence. Good going forward. Hasn’t got a weakness to his game at all. Formed a great partnership with both Jorge and Walker. Will keep improving all the time and is a top, top talent. Will be vice-captain in the forthcoming season.[/left]

Jorge

| This Season |  47  |  6    |  9    |  2   | 7.06 |
| Bradford PA |  219 |  33   |  32   |  14  | 7.04 |
| Career      |  351 |  41   |  44   |  16  | 6.81 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b]My favourite player at the club. Plays his heart out every single game and will always fight a losing battle. Involved in every team move he is crucial to our success. I can’t think of a better player to have as a captain.[/left]

Mikhail Kolesov

| This Season |  22  |  4    |  4    |  0   | 7.17 |
| Bradford PA |  14  |  1    |  1    |  0   | 6.93 |
| Career      |  58  |  9    |  7    |  1   | 6.94 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Another Russian ‘Wonderkid’ had an impressive first season at the club despite limited playing time. Has established himself as a key player for Russia and will be one for club too soon.[/left]

Harold Walker

| This Season |  43  |  6    |  11   |  3   | 6.82 |
| Bradford PA |  41  |  6    |  11   |  3   | 7.23 |
| Career      |  172 |  20   |  32   |  8   | 6.74 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] The £38.5 million signing from Stoke had a hugely successful season. An all-action midfielder. Dangerous driving at the defence and tracks back effectively. Will expect more England caps now if he carries on this form. Also won the [url="http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/BenjaniT09/?action=view&current=Walker-YoungPlayerofTheYear.jpg"]Young Player of the Year award[/url] too.

[/left]

Jeremy Leclerc

| This Season |  22  |  3    |  4    |  2   | 7.12 |
| Bradford PA |  42  |  5    |  6    |  2   | 7.10 |
| Career      |  48  |  5    |  7    |  2   | 6.83 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] The Frenchman hasn’t lived up to the extremely high hopes I had off him, but is blooming late and becoming a key player. Gained his first French cap and often played in the big games and played well. I can now count on him to do a job in the important games meaning he’ll get more game time.[/left]

Vitomir Karadzic

| This Season |  18  |  1    |  2    |  0   | 6.88 |
| Bradford PA |  151 |  16   |  15   |  4   | 6.92 |
| Career      |  478 |  49   |  116  |  29  | 7.04 |

[b][color="Plum"]
[left]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Karadzic is a top quality player. He’s not quite good enough to play in the centre of the park and boss games which is his only downfall. He could walk into any team in the premiership; he’s just unlucky that I have an abundance of talent in the middle of the park. Still plays an important part for club and country however.[/left]

Ashley Thomas

| This Season |  0   |  0    |  0    |  0   | 0.00 |
| Bradford PA |  1   |  0    |  0    |  0   | 0.00 |
| Career      |  69  |  2    |  12   |  1   | 6.16 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Difficult to believe he’ll live up to his 6 star potential. Has disappointed in two loan spells during the season and will be sent back out on loan with the hope of massive improvement.[/left]

[i][b][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Left Midfield[/color][/b][/i]

Diogo

| This Season |  54  |  7    |  10   |  1   | 6.85 |
| Bradford PA |  83  |  12   |  16   |  3   | 6.94 |
| Career      |  173 |  17   |  30   |  5   | 6.83 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] With Diogo and Burke in the team I have two of potentially the most dangerous wingers in the world. Both have deadly crossing. Only Diogo can do something about it however. Playing out of his skin for the first ¾ of the season. Has never started a game for Brazil down to their narrow formation.[/left]

Roy Bond

| This Season |  20  |  1    |  1    |  1   | 6.96 |
| Bradford PA |  146 |  22   |  24   |  11  | 6.97 |
| Career      |  320 |  33   |  59   |  17  | 6.83 |

[left]
[b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] I’m lucky to have two exceptionally talented left-wingers. Bond is a bit of an odd player. Statistically not the best but still puts in the performances when they matter. Had an average season at best; with a few injuries disrupting his game time.[/left]

Strikers

Tanguy Leconte

| This Season |  48  |  20   |  12   |  6   | 7.02 |
| Bradford PA |  248 |  93   |  38   |  30  | 6.97 |
| Career      |  314 |  120  |  41   |  30  | 6.52 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] When he’s hot. He’s hot. When he’s not. He’s not. This season he was very hot. He led the line superbly and scored vital goals before breaking his leg. For France he’s consistently been not. Has been very poor and I’m shocked at how bad he’s been considering he’s done so well for us.[/left]

Vincent Ngema

| This Season |  48  |  16   |  10   |  1   | 7.18 |
| Bradford PA |  197 |  68   |  49   |  17  | 7.06 |
| Career      |  382 |  193  |  94   |  32  | 7.48 |

[left]
[b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Has a phenomenal goal scoring record for both club and country. Never really lived up to early promise at the club; has recently joined Man City for £20million due to not wanting a new contract and differences with players within the team. I wish him the best of luck. Not against me of course.[/left]

Davide Fedele

| This Season |  42  |  13   |  8    |  5   | 7.06 |
| Bradford PA |  130 |  37   |  24   |  12  | 6.94 |
| Career      |  229 |  103  |  33   |  31  | 6.59 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] His career at Bradford PA hasn’t really taken off. Boasted a goal scoring record of just under one a game before joining and has a record of near one every 4 at the club but with a few assists. Has become more of a play maker than a deadly striker these days. Think Dirk Kuyt but without the work ethic.

Aloisio[/left]

| This Season |  0   |  0    |  0    |  0   | 0.00 |
| Bradford PA |  0   |  0    |  0    |  0   | 0.00 |
| Career      |  62  |  9    |  2    |  3   | 5.91 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Didn’t play for the club due to having played for two clubs in the year already. Has raw ability and will no doubt be one of the best players in the world in the future if nurtured right.
[url="http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/BenjaniT09/?action=view&current=Aloisiocoachreport.jpg"]Coach Report[/url]

One to Watch.

My one to watch in the coming season is youngster Aloisio. He’ll be eager to prove me right for buying him and will hopefully start becoming the great footballer I believe he will be.[/left]

Overall Best Eleven | Seasonal Best Eleven

Season             League                    League Position          Achievements
2009/10           Blue Square North               1st                 Promoted as Champions.
2010/11           Blue Square Premier             1st                 Promoted as Champions.
2011/12           League Two                      6th                 Promoted through play-offs.
2012/13           League One                      14th             
2013/14           League One                      18th       
2014/15           League One                      6th                 Lost in play-off semi final           
2015/16           League One                      2nd                 Promoted      
2016/17           Championship                    7th
2017/18           Championship                    2nd                 Promoted
2018/19           Premiership                     17th             
2019/20           Premiership                     17th
2020/21           Premiership                     7th                 Qualified for Euro Cup
2021/22           Premiership                     1st                 PL Champions, Uefa Cup Winners
2022/23           Premiership                     9th                 Super Cup, Community Shield, Champions League.
*****************************************Challenge Complete******************************************
2023/24          Premiership                     6th
2024/25          Premiership                     8th                League Cup Runners-Up

[/left]

I wouldn't consider it a disappointing season tbh. A lot of positives to do with player performances. We'd always be struggling after not preparing for the future. And Europe is a goal but we've slipped into becoming a selling club again which may affect our progress slightly.

Mexico - Gold Cup - 2025

After resigning from Italy and refusing to reconsider - I was offered the job as Mexico manager. I had inherited a poor squad but was still confident of a win in this competition. Strangely, the Mexico manager was sacked after confirming qualification to the World Cup.

Haiti

Not a bad game to have as the first game as Mexico manager. Had an experimental 2nd choice team out too see my back-up options and they comfortably won. Dominated is the correct term.

El Salvador

More than comfortable - impressed that 5 out of 6 shots on target were goals. We need to be that clinical to do well in this competition.

Guatemala

With qualification the the quarter-final assured a second string took to the field against a Guatemalan team also through to the quarter-finals. We dominated from start to finish again. But 5 out of 23 shots on target isn't good enough. We need to start testing the 'keeper more.

Trinidad & Tobago - Quarter Final

Again, we dominated possession and chances came thick and fast. We only managed 4 shots on target again and with only one goal. We need to test the 'keeper still; and make the most of our possession.

U.S.A - Semi Final

A tough game, where our problems shone through again. Dominating possession and bossed the game. Both teams only had a handful of shots. They got lucky with a deflected goal from Freddy Adu and we never looked clinical enough to do anything. Devastated.

Jamaica - Third Place Play-off

This was an important game - Third place was credible. Fourth was not. Again, we dominated the game but couldn't finish enough chances. 3-0 was kind on Jamaica and yet again the strikers are just not good enough in the squad.

FA Assessment

El Salvador - Given that we'd already qualified I decided to give some youngsters their first caps. We again dominated but couldn't test the 'keeper enough. Maybe it's a Mexican tradition? Anyway, after the game this news item came through. Perhaps the harshest sacking ever? We'd qualified. Got a credible result in the Gold Cup, I don't see why that's deserved tbh.

Now I'm looking for a European team to manage.

International Career Overview

Season     Country       Competition                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2024       Italy         European Championship         Semi-Finals         Resigned.
2025       Mexico        Gold Cup                      Third Place         Sacked.

After my departure from Mexico, I wanted a European job.

Croatia were the country to answer my prayers and approached me. They indicated their expectations and I was shocked because I considered them to be a top footballing nation. I realised why their expectations were so low when I saw the squad.

With only one stand out player in Popovic and a couple of good players in Tucakovic and Juricic.

International Career Overview

Season     Country       Competition                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2024       Italy         European Championship         Semi-Finals         Resigned.
2025       Mexico        Gold Cup                      Third Place         Sacked.

Croatia looks like a challenge Taylor, but if I can lead Canada to the World Cup, you can too with Croatia. :p

How are the World Rankings in your game?

They are a challenge indeed. The youth are terrible as well:( Although, as you say if you take Canada to the World Cup it must be ridiculously easy.

The world rankings are;

1-39th; 40-78th; 79-117th; 118-156th; 157-195th; 196-208th

Surprisingly Australia were top for a while despite having no real quality in their squad.

Croatia have recently been around the thirty mark which I aim to improve.

I have a tricky decision to make. I was thinking of creating a manager and putting him in charge of Sheffield United in League One after their manager was sacked. This could add to the longevity of the game and provide a new challenge. Any thoughts on the matter?

They are a challenge indeed. The youth are terrible as well:( Although, as you say if you take Canada to the World Cup it must be ridiculously easy.

The world rankings are;

1-39th; 40-78th; 79-117th; 118-156th; 157-195th; 196-208th

Surprisingly Australia were top for a while despite having no real quality in their squad.

Croatia have recently been around the thirty mark which I aim to improve.

184th???? :(:(

We're worse than Sri Lanka, Macau, the Cayman Islands...Canada has a bleak future. :(

And it'll be a lot for you. UEFA is definitely way harder to qualify than CONCACAF. xD

Archived