Spec help

Hi guys,

I have intel core 2 due processor t6500(2.1 ghz 800 mhz fsb) ati mobility radeon up to 1791 mb 4 gb memory and a 320 gb hdd

your help would be most helpfull

cheers

I just bought a laptop with this processor and amount of RAM last week and it's running 20 countries/45 leagues or so very nicely, no slowdown in 3D and rarely takes more than 15 seconds to process when I "Continue". Far better than what I was used to with the 1 GB ram on my old laptop. :thup:

Hi guys,

I have intel core 2 due processor t6500(2.1 ghz 800 mhz fsb) ati mobility radeon up to 1791 mb 4 gb memory and a 320 gb hdd

your help would be most helpfull

cheers

No point in having 4GB ram if you only have a 32bit version of windows since it can't utilise more than about 3.3gb. I found this out only after installing an extra 2GB in my machine. Thankfully this should not be an issue when I install the 64bit version of windows in a couple of weeks.

Crikey October is going to be an expensive month as far as the computer goes. First theres Windows7 then more importantly there's FM which altogether is going to cost me £82.94 :eek:. I was planning to get a new 1tb internal hard drive but I guess that will have to wait unless I win the lottery (not really likely though!!).

No point in having 4GB ram if you only have a 32bit version of windows since it can't utilise more than about 3.3gb. I found this out only after installing an extra 2GB in my machine. Thankfully this should not be an issue when I install the 64bit version of windows in a couple of weeks.

Crikey October is going to be an expensive month as far as the computer goes. First theres Windows7 then more importantly there's FM which altogether is going to cost me £82.94 :eek:. I was planning to get a new 1tb internal hard drive but I guess that will have to wait unless I win the lottery (not really likely though!!).

thats a lotta space :o for me its going to be an even more expensive month with me needing a new laptop, windows 7 (if i dont get the upgrade) fm 2010 as well as 2 dvd box sets of bones and big bang theory :D

~~Stevie G~~

thats a lotta space :o for me its going to be an even more expensive month with me needing a new laptop, windows 7 (if i dont get the upgrade) fm 2010 as well as 2 dvd box sets of bones and big bang theory :D

~~Stevie G~~

Make sure you get a laptop that eligible for the free Windows 7 upgrade. Most of them are now tbh.

looking for one with that but if by some chance i cant find one that i like (or no method of payment like my other thread :() i will have to pay for the upgrade myself.

~~Stevie G~~

Like i said in the other thread, you can always wire the cash over and i'll pay on my card. Promise ;):D

:D there have been some good suggestions on there for new laptops. will more than likely get one of those suggested as opposed to the dell very soon although debating if i should wait until windows 7 is released hoping for a price fall for vista installed ones, or just go for it and upgrade myself/free upgrade.

~~Stevie G~~

Zavvi online is selling FM2010 for around £17

why not? you should have...although saying that i havnt either. not even pre-ordered at all tbh.

~~stevie G~~

My wife wants to get it me for christmas. She always struggles to get me something, mainly because i dont want anything, so she told me not to get it on release and she'll get it for me for christmas. Im currently trying to break her down and i think she may be warming to getting me FIFA for christmas instead :D

My wife wants to get it me for christmas. She always struggles to get me something, mainly because i dont want anything, so she told me not to get it on release and she'll get it for me for christmas. Im currently trying to break her down and i think she may be warming to getting me FIFA for christmas instead :D

that could be a long wait! im a little on the edge over if i should get it on release or wait for a patch myself. although saying that now i will try wait and just wont be able to resist, ill probably end up tapping on the shop window at 4am wondering why they arent open yet...

~~Stevie G~~

Archived