Player still ineligible, getting very mad now!

After I registered my team for the Champions Cup, I bought 'Veloso' for 20M. Because I was too late to register him along with the team, I couldn't let him play for so long.

But now it's february 2nd. The rules of the Champions Cup says: 25 players to be registered on 1st february -->> (3 players allowed to be swapped) <<--

So what is going on and why can't I still let him in, his name is still grey (Ine) so I can't sign him in :( :(!!

Thanks for the help.

After I registered my team for the Champions Cup, I bought 'Veloso' for 20M. Because I was too late to register him along with the team, I couldn't let him play for so long.

But now it's february 2nd. The rules of the Champions Cup says: 25 players to be registered on 1st february -->> (3 players allowed to be swapped) <<--

So what is going on and why can't I still let him in, his name is still grey (Ine) so I can't sign him in :( :(!!

Thanks for the help.

If he has already been registered for another team and played a European match for them, he can't be registered for your team until next year.

What nationality is he? If non-EU he may have no work permit...

Veloso's Portugese, so it's not that (and players without work premits have Wp as their status). He'll have played for Sporting in the European Cup at some point, thus making him cup-tied, as has been pointed out before.

I know that this sounds really simple, but have you set one of your players to 'out' in the squad register screen? Constantly forget to do this.

If not then check his playing stats for this year and club you signed him from and he might have already played in Europe for another team

I know that this sounds really simple, but have you set one of your players to 'out' in the squad register screen? Constantly forget to do this.

If not then check his playing stats for this year and club you signed him from and he might have already played in Europe for another team

Of course I did.. I play since CM3, I'm not that stupid :p

It seems that he has already been registered with Sporting Portugal so that was the case..

Thanks guys!

FM doesn't actually follow the UEFA rules with regards to player registration for the Knockout Rounds. In real life you can make 3 changes to the 25 man list, 1 of these can be an exceptional player who hasn't played in the same competition previously for another club. A Champions League player can be registered for a Europa League club and vice versa.

FM won't let you make the exceptional player change and excludes everyone who's played a European club match in that season.

Quite disappointing, because if you're looking to strengthen a top side in January, the chances are that the player you sign won't be able to play in Europe.

Archived