Question about Nationality Switching

Does it say he wants to in the future or now ?

Normally if they're young they stay loyal to their nation for a few years but if he's older I can only imagine its a bug.

He gained Cypriot nationality 2 months ago,he's 28.

He has 2 caps for Portugal's U21, I think this might make him too old to switch nationalities, but in the headline it said he wanted to play for Cyprus.

I'm the manager of Cyprus and I am interested in his services ;).

Still baffled as to why I can't call him up.

How long have he lived in Cyprus? If I'm not mistaken, there is a FIFA rule that the player have to live in a country for 5 years to be able to play for that nation (introduced after Qatar tried to give nationality to a bunch of Brazilians). The rule doesn't apply to cases when the player have ancestors from that country (it's why Poland can play Ludovic Obraniak a couple of weeks after he got the nationality).

How long have he lived in Cyprus? If I'm not mistaken, there is a FIFA rule that the player have to live in a country for 5 years to be able to play for that nation (introduced after Qatar tried to give nationality to a bunch of Brazilians). The rule doesn't apply to cases when the player have ancestors from that country (it's why Poland can play Ludovic Obraniak a couple of weeks after he got the nationality).

It's been 6 years now. He gained nationality after 5 years.

I think if a player has played in under 21s for his country, then he is inelligable for selection for another team IRL

Happenned a few years ago when Lorenzo Amoruso wanted to play for Scotland but 2 u21 caps prevented him from doing so.

Neither of those is true.

You can play for a country despite playing for another country at a lower level and Amoruso didn't get a Scotland call-up because Vogts(and every other non-rangers supporting scot) didn't want him to.

Archived