[FM08] Dungiven Celtic - N. Ireland's biggest threat since Knockbreda

NepentheZ

Dungiven Celtic Football Club

dcfc.jpg

Intro :

Inspired by the mass success of my Knockbreda F.C save, I've decided to renew my interest in Gundo's Challenge, but with a twist. I will not be retiring as manager of Knockbreda, however my alter ego Neppo Monster will be taking charge of Dungiven Celtic, running alongside the Knockbreda save. My aim? Quite simply to break the dominance of Knockbreda. Linfield and Glentoran have been trying hard to do so for decades, but haven't even come close. Dungiven are a club with no history. No finances, and only a 500 seated stadium, in the outskirts of Londonderry. I'm very interested in this club, because they literally have not a single "player history" - and only have team history from the limited cup games they have played.

Dungiven were promoted to NI2 after a play-off win v Coleraine, and only made it up on the Away Goals Rule. They join the NI2 in the 2047/2048 season, and Mr. Monsters hopes to emulate the success of Knockbreda, by gaining 2 consecutive promotions. Dungiven will have the opportunity of taking Knockbreda players on loan, and it appears the clubs will attempt to for a formal link. If this is not possible, then an unwritten link will be formed.

Neppo Monster Profile

Neppo Monster Personal

Club Information

Link to game [as of 29th September 2046]

Intro :

Many, many months ago, I was scouring the CSE Forum for a new challenge. Back in the day, there were little challenges to choose from, and dafuge's Challenge held court as being the best around. There was also another challenge, very similar to that of dafuge's, but with the main aim being, taking a previously non-playable team from a small nation to League and Champions League glory. Gundo's Challenge fast became a very popular challenge, even winning an award in the CSE end of year (for FM08) awards. With Gundo's Challenge, I found Knockbreda FC. (Now commonly known as Knockbreda Parish F.C) They're an amateur club, playing in the depths of Northern Ireland, and until very recently, had never won a single honor with their Real Life status. So, I took control of Knockbreda F.C - and tried hard to lead them on a road to glory.

I'm now in the 2042/2043 season, but here is that road........

Background :

Season 1 (2047/2048) - 1st Place in the NI2 [Champions, Promoted]

Season 2 (2048/2049) - 2nd Place in the NI1 [Promoted]

Season 3 (2049/2050) - 5th Place in the NIP

Season 4 (2050/2051) - 4th Place in the NIP

Season 5 (2051/2052) - 3rd Place in the NIP

Season 6 (2052/2053) - 3rd Place in the NIP

Season 7 (2053/2054) - 2nd Place in the NIP

Club Honors :

N. Irish League 2 - 2048

Manager Stats :

According to the end of the latest season

Games Played : 308
Games Won    : 185
Games Drawn  :  37
Games Lost   :  86

Goals Scored   : 872
Goals Conceded : 573

League Wins : 1
Cup Wins    : 0

[Footer]

Threads heavily involved while playing this career :

Disclaimer :

FM08 v 8.0.2 is being used, with NO Edits.

I'm not entirely sure yet. Tbh, I'm not even sure any of my players would go on loan there. I've requested a Parent club, if Knockbreda are there, I'll get them. If not, then I wont. Financially, I won't be helping them. I struggle to make money as it is, so the only help they would possibly get, is the loans of my reserves. And you're fine Adam :D - I made sure I got the reserved posts in before anyone else posted :D

Just to give you guys a bit more info. This club literally has the bare minimum. I've no idea how they got promoted. No staff, no players [with exception to the few that got promoted] - basic facilities, small stadium and not a hope in hell. First on the agenda, is picking myself up a decent Ass Man and Scout. At least then, I'll be able to build a foundation and get a team together worthy of the division. I don't actually think this will be as easy to move through the divisions as it was with Knockbreda, because the standard in NI2 is better than 40 years ago.

Ok then :D

Got Dover as a feeder club in my Chelsea save and gave them a good bit of money and some players for loan, in League 2 now :cool:

I did that in FM06 with Arsenal. It was the only way to get around the £2Billion bug. Affiliates weren't in the game then either, so I literally had a club of my choice. I just used to pay £100,000,000 to loan a player for a month :D - I made Dag & Red [no idea why them] rich, and they moved up through the divisions in lightening fast fashion.

An interesting concept and one i'll be following to see how it unveils. I presume you'll still be managing Knockbreda? If so, won't it take twice as long to get through the seasons? It would definitely be amazing if both Knockbreda and Dungiven were fighting for the top place in N.I.!

I will still be managing Knockbreda, Raware. :D The thing with them is, I don't really have to do anything. My scouting network is now good enough for me to find the best players possible, and I already have a great team, so its very easy to maintain what I already have there.

I didn't get much chance to play yesterday, however, in pre-season, I was assigned Glentoran as my parent club. :cool:

My first official game in charge of Dungiven, and I was a 50-1 shot v Lisburn Rangers in the Intermediate League Cup.

Dungiven Celtic 2 - 1 Lisburn Rangers

Ivor Rodgers [32, 78] | Ryan Scott [75]

It was touch and go when they hit the equalizer, and I thought I might lose it. However, Rodgers, an Irish striker signed from Oxford Stars for £8,000 scored a brace on his debut for Celtic. Rodgers is only 18, and has the makings of a good striker. Who knows how far he can go :D

I thought I might find goals to hard to come by this season. The team is new, hasn't gelled, and isn't very good anyway. I have a plethora of youth in the squad, and need to rework a new tactic to suit these players. However, in my second game in charge, [in which I was yet again billed as a 50-1 shot] - I smashed Ballyminard Utd 5-3 AND I missed TWO penalty's..!!

I now have 2 games against NI1 teams, which will give me a better view as to where my current squad actually is right now.

Great idea. Have been reading your Knockbreda thread and it will be interesting to see if you will be able to have a similar success.

Cheers Ethan.

I haven't read all of the Knockbreda thread but will do and am looking forward to this developing nicely :thup:

Be sure to read the Knockbreda thread :D Its a classic.

Dungivenbreda. \o/

And a great start as well.

What a horrid name. :)

It has certainly been a great start. Promotion looking quite likely this season.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Dungiven Celtic FC, Season 2 [2048/2049]

First Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish 1st Division - 2nd Place [Promoted]

Irish Cup - 6th Round

Intermediate League Cup - Group 2

Intermediate Cup - Semi-Final

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Staff

Transfers

Team Sheet

The Awards

Fans Player of the Year - Guy Davis

NI1 Top Scorer - Guy Davis

The Player

Guy Davis - Another GREAT season from Davis. 78 Goals in an incredible season. Potentially another 1,000 goal scorer. Unfortunately, I'll never ever see that happen, as this save won't last too much longer, with the eagerly anticipated Retirement of Smylie, and the imminent arrival of FM10.

Summary

A superb season. Promotion is fantastic. I had to work hard for it, after a strong start, though. I nearly threw it away at the end there, as I was 3rd in the last game of the season, but played 2nd place, and took them apart 4-1 with Davis bagging all 4 goals.

• 2 weeks later...

Dungiven Celtic FC, Season 3 [2049/2050]

First Team

Team Sheet

NIP - 5th Place

Irish Cup - Finalists

Irish League Cup - Group 4

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Staff

Transfers

Team Sheet

The Awards

NIP Player of the Year - Guy Davis

The Player

Guy Davis - This guy, again, was superb. 3rd highest scorer in the NIP, and at times, held the team together single handedly. 3 Months injured at the start of the season, which is why I had a bad start to the season, but he came good towards the end.

Summary

First of all, what a great season. 5th, and qualified for the UEFA Cup, due to getting to the Irish Cup Final. A great performance v Knockbreda, but still lost 3-1. Amazingly, Guy Davis won NIP Player of the year, ahead of Andrew Smylie, who finished top goal scorer. :thup:

'Guy Davis - This guy, again, was superb. 3rd highest scorer in the NIP, and at times, held the team together single handedly. 3 Months injured at the start of the season, which is why I had a bad start to the season, but he came good towards the end.' Lol This boys got some style in hair

I've created a "diablo" tactic. You can find it here.

If you read about why its successful, and how it works, rather than just downloading it and using it, then you will be able to create something yourself thats just as effective. Ultimately, it works because its simple, and plays to the strengths of my team. I've been using the same tactic for about 35 years now. :D

I'm rarely underdogs these days, (only really in European football, and even then, its always close odds). But even when I was, I've always kept the tactic the same. As I mention in the thread, the tactic plays to the players strengths, so I wouldn't ever change that, otherwise it would defeat the purpose :thup:

I asked the board to expand my stadium last season, and they agreed. Delighted, I thought. Come the end of the season, I'll be told my 500 seater stadium, (yes, 500 measly seats) - will be expanded. Hopefully around 10,000 would be nice.

Well, I got the message. The result.

"The Local Council have blocked planning permission for proposed ground improvements"

:mad:

That means, I'll probably have to wait 3-5 seasons to get a new ground now. When they build it, it better be BIG. It better be named after me.

• 2 weeks later...

Dungiven Celtic FC, Season 5 [2051/2052]

First Team

Team Sheet

NIP - 3rd Place

Irish Cup - Runner Up (v Knockbreda)

Irish League Cup - Semi-Final

All Ireland Cup - 4th in Group B

EURO Cup - 2nd Qual. Round

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Staff

Transfers

CoEfficients

Team Sheet

The Awards

N. Irish Premiership Player of the Year - Guy Davis

N. Irish Premiership Top Scorer - Guy Davis

N Irish Young Player of the Year - Jordan Harbison

The Player

Guy Davis - The guy (no pun intended) is quite simply becoming a legend at the club. Scoring outrageous numbers of goals for a club like this, and doing pretty well at international level too.

Summary

All in all, a pretty good season. Made a position up in the league on last season, which is great. didn't do too well in Europe again, but that will come. The biggest issue I've now got, is that N. Ireland gets 1 Champions League spot, and 3 UEFA Cup spots now, instead of 2 and 2. Hopefully next season, I can bag a trophy and 2nd spot.

• 1 month later...

Dungiven Celtic FC, Season 6 [2052/2053]

First Team

Team Sheet

NIP - 3rd Place

Irish Cup - 5th Round

Irish League Cup - Semi-Final

All Ireland Cup - 3rd in Group B

EURO Cup - 2nd Qual. Round

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Staff

Transfers

CoEfficients

Team Sheet

The Awards

European Goldon Boot - Guy Davis

NIP Player of the Year - Guy Davis

NIP Top Scorer - Guy Davis

N. Irish Young Player of the Year - David Niven

The Player

Guy Davis - His best ever season, and he's fast approaching 500 goals. If I can start building a great midfield behind him, he could potentially hit 1,500 in his career, however, 1,000-1,200 looks most likely. 79 goals this season, which is an amazing return.

Summary

Not the best season, but not a bad one. 3rd place in the NIP again, but I really should be looking to move into 2nd place in the next season or two. Davis on fire again, and even won the European Golden Boot, which is sensational, coming from a team that has only had 3 years in the top division.

I'd also like to thank my board, this season. I asked them last season to increase stadium capacity, and they came back with this. Cheers lads.

Archived