Would you prefer to be able to play as a young manager?

Should the game change your age automatically?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should the game change your age automatically?

• Yes - realism is everything
    • No - it should be optional so I can choose between realism and personalising the game
    • It wouldn't affect me

NOTE - please read poll question before voting as I'm stupid and made the answers illogical

Hi!

As a 15 year old, my age automatically changes to 29 years old at the start of the game.

Although I apriciate that this is more realistic than having a 15 year old manager, I would prefer for the game to be more personal to me than for it to have to be 100% realistic.

If there were an option at the 'New User' page, allowing us to choose whether our age changed to something more realistic if we are too young to be managers then I believe the majority of people would be pleased. I'm sure there must be more people who, like me, want their FM manager to be like them in real life.

I've added a poll to make it clearer what people think, I'd appriciate some people voting as it makes the views clearer than posts - but obviously discussion is also great! :)

Cheers,

Jammy

Yeah, I sort of messed up with the poll. I've put a note in the OP about it - should have put;

Yes - it should be optional so I can choose between realism and personalising the game

No - realism is everything so I should have a realistic manager age

Sorry "/

lol never noticed that, just pointed n clicked at the one for me!! :p

Yeah, I sort of messed up with the poll. I've put a note in the OP about it - should have put;

Yes - it should be optional so I can choose between realism and personalising the game

No - realism is everything so I should have a realistic manager age

Sorry "/

I think you have it right in the poll because the question asks: Should the game change your age automatically?

So the answers are right, yes - as in it should change your age to make it realistic and no - i want to choose my own age so it shouldn't change it.

It's purely a comestic issue so I don't see why it even bothers to change your age. I don't think it reduces my age if I make myself 100+ years old at the start, and I can manage for as long as I like now unlike earlier CM/FM where you retired at a cerain age from what I remember.

It doesn't affect me and hasn't for several ;) years but I can see why it annoys some younger players.

It's purely a comestic issue so I don't see why it even bothers to change your age.

I'm not sure that it is purely cosmetic, I've noticed that sometimes starting as an older manager could give you a bigger reputation than a younger manager. If manager age is a factor in the game, then I'd imagine you'd get some pretty negative reactions as a 15 year old.

I'm not sure that it is purely cosmetic, I've noticed that sometimes starting as an older manager could give you a bigger reputation than a younger manager. If manager age is a factor in the game, then I'd imagine you'd get some pretty negative reactions as a 15 year old.

I've never seen that happen. I don't start that many games though, I concentrate on 2-3 long term games in each version. I certainly never saw any problems being in the 25-30 age range. Wouldn't you also except some negative reactions as a 100+ year old who can barely stand upright? What's the point of having a penalty for being too young, when there isn't one for being too old?

I think that having a manager that is under 25 is stupid and unrealistic. 25 is low enough but 15 is a silly age for managing a club.

I'm 24 and I think I should be 'allowed' (how stupid is that? I paid for the game) to be my age.

I've never seen that happen. I don't start that many games though, I concentrate on 2-3 long term games in each version. I certainly never saw any problems being in the 25-30 age range. Wouldn't you also except some negative reactions as a 100+ year old who can barely stand upright? What's the point of having a penalty for being too young, when there isn't one for being too old?

I'd definitely welcome media attention about old age as well as young, that would only be natural. I'd expect to get ridiculed as a 100 year old as well as a 15 year old.

As for the reputation linked to age, perhaps someone who uses a scouting tool/editor could test it for us. If you start with identical managers with ages of 25 and 45, do they get the same reputation value?

I think that having a manager that is under 25 is stupid and unrealistic. 25 is low enough but 15 is a silly age for managing a club.

Almost as stupid and unrealistic as a complete novice with no real footballing professional experience or coaching badges becoming a football manager?? Its a game for gods sake!

Although some are arguing that its unrealistic, there are people out there older then 15 and younger than 28(or whatever it is). So i would give it a thumbs up as i would like to be able to be 21 in the game :thup:. Its not like it'll ruin the game as when you play its entirely personal so only your opinion matters!

And Anyway, there are plenty of young managers out there, even though they may only be in saturday and sunday leagues :p

Tbf anyone who moans about this idea and says its a waste of time is wasting their time by posting. I personally always change my age using FMRTE (only reason I have it). Like everyone says, it gives it a personal touch and although 18 is unrealistic to be a manager of say a Top 4 PL side, it is more fun. I am guessing it wouldn't be too hard to implement.

I feel a case for age discrimination coming on ;)

One feature I would like is to be a player but if you select past experience as "international footballer" and go to the blue square north - you may get a pretty decent player way above what you should be at that level - but would have to be incredibly injury prone for me, a full 20/20, and have very low natural fitness almost to give reason to why you became a manager at a young age.

The reason it isn't in is because these kind of things for each tier of reputation and whatnot does indeed create more problems than its really worth. Maybe one day in the future it'll be something worth implementing, as it would be nice to have in the game.

I don't see why the game doesn't let me be put in at 20 years old either, and this is edited in, seeing the topic of the thread and completely got the wrong end of the stick lol :D

I'm a 22 year old female and I was pretty happy that they introduced female managers in the last game. In the old games I created fictional people, but now I find it weird that I can pick my gender (although I don't know a single female manager IRL) but not my age.

Rubbish poll Jammy :D, no i think the min age should be dropped to about 21, however your rep has a limit lower than the normal one, and i think if you are like 45+ you should have the option to have a world class rep.

Wouldnt it be unfair to discriminate on age grounds? If someone is 20 years old and wants to play with an international footballer experience then they should be able to. This is one area where realism should be dropped.

Archived