what is the earliest you have received your pre-ordered copy of FM?

Cheer up Marky!!! Only a question.

This is the first time Ive pre-ordered. I think my mate once received it a day early off Play before.

Can't really see the point of getting it early especially if they use the same method of activation as last time since you won't be able to activate until the official release date.

Anyway to answer the original question in my case I've never received anything early when pre-ordering especially from play.com

Hopefully this time since I am ordering from Zavvi it will at least arrive on release day.

If you don't like the thread/question, then you'd probably be best off not bumping it up. If you don't like a thread, ignore it instead of posting the snappy comments.

I've never pre-ordered either. I think 08 (or 07?) came for some people a couple of days early and the release was moved forward.

Apologies for my sarchasm in Post no. 10. A more measured reply would be:

The earliest I have ever had an SI branded FM or CM game was 2 days before release (on the weds, not the fri). That was in a high street store though. Have only ordered one such game by Post, it arrived the day before. We should remember that if any DRM type initiation is required that the the earliest you could play the game is (in theory) midnight the day before despatch and that means if you get delivery of the game 1 week before release you cant play it anyway.

Hope that is more useful feedback.

We should remember that if any DRM type initiation is required that the the earliest you could play the game is (in theory) midnight the day before despatch and that means if you get delivery of the game 1 week before release you cant play it anyway.

Hope that is more useful feedback.

People that buy the boxed version do not have to activate with steam (it is optional). So in theory if the game is delivered before the due date then they can play early!:)

People that buy the boxed version do not have to activate with steam (it is optional). So in theory if the game is delivered before the due date then they can play early!:)

Not so, surely you cannot activate - whetever form you buy the thing in - until "Release day" (or late the night before if SI activate the servers early). This all assumes some form of activation will be required which is, for FM10, as yet unconfirmed.

Strange how people are making pointless posts in what they call a pointless thread.

I never pre-order I always just go out on the day of release and buy it from the shops. I should pre-order really as it cost me £6 to get anywhere near a shop that sells PC games.

Not so, surely you cannot activate - whetever form you buy the thing in - until "Release day" (or late the night before if SI activate the servers early). This all assumes some form of activation will be required which is, for FM10, as yet unconfirmed.

If you activate then you are correct this can not be done untill the release date. However you are missing my intention. If you buy the boxed version (FM2010) you don't have to activate, like every other year apart from FM2009. ;)

There is a sticky thread that discusses installation, activation and DRM.

If you activate then you are correct this can not be done untill the release date. However you are missing my intention. If you buy the boxed version (FM2010) you don't have to activate, like every other year apart from FM2009. ;)

There is a sticky thread that discusses installation, activation and DRM.

Agreed Nev, though as I clearly stated am assuming there WILL be DRM type activation which I did not want to debate in this thread as you rightly say - that issue is covered elsewhere. I do long for the days of getting a good long pre-release day Thursday night in discovering the new FM, though !

Agreed Nev, though as I clearly stated am assuming there WILL be DRM type activation which I did not want to debate in this thread as you rightly say - that issue is covered elsewhere. I do long for the days of getting a good long pre-release day Thursday night in discovering the new FM, though !

Whoops! Sorry Nev just found the "official DRM FM10" thread and realised where you were coming from. Happydays!

Archived