Wild idea

I know it might be a crazy idea, but that's how progress is made, thinking about of the box...

Why doesn't SI work together with Konami and use the 3d match graphics of PES (Pro Evolution Soccer)?

The FIFA Manager series uses the previous years FIFA football game graphics as far as I remember. FM is a direct competitor for FIFA Manager, PES is a direct competitor for FIFA football. The only way PES competes with Football Manager is the fact that they're both football related games, though I suspect that the amount of people who decide not to buy PES because they buy FM is pretty limited. If anything, it would promote PES to those who play the Football Manager series.

I personally am not that fussed about the 3d engine in FM, though I have to admit the match visuals in FIFA Manager are nice to look at. But working together with Konami would draw a lot more people who DO care a lot about the match visuals to the FM series.

So the benefit is both ways. FM gets the graphics fanboys, PES gets more exposure through FM.

So yeah, just a wild idea. Feel free to bash me

Has been suggested before and I'm sure SI have considered that seriously but I'm sure there will have been very good reasons against it.

This may have been the price of a license for the PES engine or the lack of compatibility with the FM ME and the PES engine which should just provide the graphics. Or others.

I think its also because SI want the game to be accesible for as many people as possible

introducing a ME like the one from PES would increase the graphics and overall systems demand significantly

therefore making the game less accesible to those that dont have a high class computer

I know it might be a crazy idea, but that's how progress is made, thinking about of the box...

Why doesn't SI work together with Konami and use the 3d match graphics of PES (Pro Evolution Soccer)?

The FIFA Manager series uses the previous years FIFA football game graphics as far as I remember. FM is a direct competitor for FIFA Manager, PES is a direct competitor for FIFA football. The only way PES competes with Football Manager is the fact that they're both football related games, though I suspect that the amount of people who decide not to buy PES because they buy FM is pretty limited. If anything, it would promote PES to those who play the Football Manager series.

I personally am not that fussed about the 3d engine in FM, though I have to admit the match visuals in FIFA Manager are nice to look at. But working together with Konami would draw a lot more people who DO care a lot about the match visuals to the FM series.

So the benefit is both ways. FM gets the graphics fanboys, PES gets more exposure through FM.

So yeah, just a wild idea. Feel free to bash me

Konami and Sega are different companies. This isn't going to happen. Besides, I think that people who enjoy the features of FM will buy FM because of that. Not because there is a PES-engine in the game (It would also mean that the FM-engine will have to run the PES pictures because I think the FM enignine is WAAAAAAY better beside the pictures.)

Not a bad idea, but would put tremendous strain on the processing side I would think.

Very fair point. Though as with another point made by someone else in this thread about the cost of the match engine, it might be a better option to not opt for the latest PES 2010 engine but one from a few years back.

For example, PES 2006 would still be a significant improvement in graphics, and it wouldn't be unimaginable if the cost of the 2006 engine would be a lot less than the 2010 or 2009 engine. If any cost at all, as it could be a 2 way deal.

The fact that SEGA and Konami are 2 very different companies is also very true. But co-branding has been done lots and lots before, the only difference would be that Konami and SEGA are both gaming companies. Though I have to admit I am not sure how much they compete with each other in genres.

Like someone else mentioned, I would indeed expect SI to have already thought about this, I have enough faith in their expertise but thought it would still be a nice subject to discuss. Or if nothing else, to inspire other ways of "extreme" thinking to help FM develop to even greater heights.

Archived