i am playing a network game with my mate we are 2 seasons in

but some strange things have been happening to my team i belive and

suspect my mate is cheating some how i dont want to accuse him at this point

but we have been playing it for money big money i will give you an eg

i signed a player and before he had kicked a ball in anger he was unhappy

saying he felt he had achived all he could at the club.. and when i look at his

transfers i just think where the hell has he got that money from he says oh my

board gave me sum..but it just dont add up

my whole squad seam to have some personal problem is it possible for him to be cheating

cus if he is this is as bad as it gets i have been mates with this guy for 20 years

im playing right now i have just gone on holiday in the game so i can post this

so please help me

Sounds like FMRTE to me. Gives himself loads of money and makes your team unhappy. If you think he's cheating dont play him.

Ask to see the news item that he got when the board gave him extra money.

Was just about to suggest to ask for a screenie of the money his board gave him.

If he is cheating then shame on him,online games are supposed to be fair play no matter what.

How much money has he had?

he is rangers and over the two seasons he has spent 45 mil he has sold

some players that has brought in seven,million he has done nothing in europe

but won the league and cup...but it is the type of players he has. i just know

that when i play on my own you cant get them to come to scotland

So your basically accussing him because of your own failures in the past to get these players to your team?? He could be a one of the players favored personnel or the team could be a preference. Dont think you have thought too much about it. You have to remember that Rangers are probably the biggest team in Scotland with Celtic so Its a real possibility that they may have that kind of money. Also how do you know he hasnt sold any players to free up more transfer funds.

I don't really think FM is the kind of game you should play for money. At least, I never had it down as a game you'd gamble on.

we have,been playing these manager sims from the amiga days we have massive egos lol

so we make it more intence by putting money on the line...we average about 20 hours

a week so it nice to be rewarded for your time

I have no experience of managing in Scotland so I can't really comment on that, in terms of income generated and attracting players. If he has top players at Rangers and has not done much in Europe then eyebrows are raised. But I can't really commnent and would'nt like to make a judgement, but it does look fishy!!! :)

So your basically accussing him because of your own failures in the past to get these players to your team?? He could be a one of the players favored personnel or the team could be a preference. Dont think you have thought too much about it. You have to remember that Rangers are probably the biggest team in Scotland with Celtic so Its a real possibility that they may have that kind of money. Also how do you know he hasnt sold any players to free up more transfer funds.

it is nothing to do with my failures...the other day i started a game with rangers on my own

and there finances were not good and i went for the players he had and they were not interested in joining.....i just smell a rat i know it could be me and my imagination

running away with me

i just hope it is as you say and im being silly

If you suggested not playing for money for a bit then it would be interesting to see his reaction.

His Answers:

1- Why? Its only a bit of money - guilty

2- Fair enough, your call - not guilty

For me the buzz comes from the game and not the monetary incentives. :cool:

it is nothing to do with my failures...the other day i started a game with rangers on my own

and there finances were not good and i went for the players he had and they were not interested in joining.....i just smell a rat i know it could be me and my imagination

running away with me

i just hope it is as you say and im being silly

Mate im not having a go at you, your right it does sound strange for sure but their are so many factors that could come into it that you really cant say yes or no.

If you suggested not playing for money for a bit then it would be interesting to see his reaction.

His Answers:

1- Why? Its only a bit of money - guilty

2- Fair enough, your call - not guilty

For me the buzz comes from the game and not the monetary incentives. :cool:

he is the type that will mock me and say i have lost my bottle and say its only cus

he is winning

QUOTE=WH;3922340]Did he start the game and you joined it? If so he could edit the database as he has the save on his computer. If you started it i don't think he could edit it.

yes he started the game i feel sick to the stomach omg....when we started it up i did not think nothing of it i just went along with it

Well you don't have to fall out with him. Just tell him you can't connect anymore. Say it comes up with an error or something like that. Then You could always suggest starting a new one yourself and make him join yours. That way he can't edit it.

Well you don't have to fall out with him. Just tell him you can't connect anymore. Say it comes up with an error or something like that. Then You could always suggest starting a new one yourself and make him join yours. That way he can't edit it.

dont have to fall out this is well was my best friend he does not know it yet he is happley playing away right now beating dundee u 4 0.... our 20 year friendship is over

he is the godfather to my son how can i trust him again he is a dirty stinking cheat

we play for 30pounds for aleague title

50 pounds for the champions league

20 pounds for the europa league

and ten pounds for the domestic cups

To be honest I have a few friends I have known all my life and I know the ones that would try to pull something like this and I know the ones who wouldn't , I don't think you can relay listen to anyone here because we do not know him and there is no proof. The fact of the matter is he could be having the most luck ever in FM history .... or he could be ripping his best mate off for 20 quid.. we do not know.

well i have just told him im done for 2nite so we have ended the session

i need some time to think things through... i am gonna see him face to face 2morow

nite we are of with a few other lads for a few beers...so it promisies to be quite

a explosive nite....

i never new that u could edit a database in real time its crazy.. i new you could

edit the database but ihought you had to start a new game to see the changes

s.i. should have some thing to stop this it is just wrong....

as for you guys who say its just a game dont loose a m8 over it i dont think

you understand with all due respect this has hurt me to know he his capable of

something like this its a matter of trust

People cheat at games....If I was playing you I would probably cheat if I thought I could get away with it...however I'm sure it makes him no less of a friend or god father.

You need to chill out and fight fire with fire, get a real time editor yourself....you can give yourself a big bundle of cash or you can check his team and see if he has been manipulating the game for his benefit.

Hey rich74, it would be awesome if you could somehow record his reaction when you ask him if he cheated :D I mean, i can see it now, you bring up the question and he takes a big gulp and reaches for his beer , downs it in one and says...anyone else for another!!! I wanna see this on a mobile phone recording :D

I was playing a guy in my city on FM 07 and i suspected him of cheating so i made up a cock and bull story about me losing my saved games and database when my cpu crashed :)

I then loaded up an FM editor (cant remember name) and his wage budget was 3 times the size of a side on the same level PLUS the sneaky bugger had a ton of money coming in from sponsors and crap......

i have asked and he says he cant do it on his computer........

I assume you know that this is not true. Any computer can take a screenie, just via using the print key on the keyboard and then pasting in Paint, done.

If your mate cheated then indeed this is a strange and sad thing after such a long friendship.

I guess you are Celtic? Otherwise I could also see no reason why he should cheat by making your players worse, which if he did that would also for me be a shocking revelation about a friend's personality. I can see why someone would cheat in his advantage but not how you can specifically knock your friends down. That would cross a line for me.

But even more because of your long friendship you might also want to be careful as you should demand evidence but otherwise treat him as innocent until proven guilty.

Take an example from my side:

I am also playing a network game, but not as the host, so I obviously couldn't cheat even if I wanted to. In the third season (2010/11), my second in the Premier with Wolves, I have spent a whooping € 159m on transfers, while just receiving € 57 m. The way I could do that is just signing players on 24 months instalments only while selling for outright payments. This way I could pretty much spend double of my transfer budget this season and re-spend double of my earnings on top. Now I have accumulated a squad with

Warning! Possible spoiler, player naming over the next two lines

Jagielka, Sakho, N'Koulou, Fellaini, Kuzmanovic, Vukcevic, Faubert, Riera, Marquinhos, Yurchenko and 5 or 6 top notch regens of 17 years old, all signed in the current season (Sakho sold on for double the price after just 6 months though to enable the signings of N'Koulou, Marquinhos and two regens) whereas before my squad wasn't that good at all.

I can see my mates being doubtful about me cheating if it wasn't even theoretically impossible for me to cheat, after seeing this record and the ultra-fast development of my squad.

So if that early on in the game with no edits I can have a legitimate net spending of € 100m one season with Wolves, maybe your mate can spend 38m pounds in one season with Rangers in the same way? It doesn't seem impossible to me.

Anyway it is your right to demand evidence and proof, even if that more or less equals an accusation, but if you believe he cheats and have bad feelings because of that there is nothing to loose anyway.

So what you can demand:

- screenies (he CAN do them, give him instructions if honestly needed)

- access to his computer, check whether he has FMRTE, that or its lack would be a strong hint

- a copy of your savegame, you can then compare some hidden attributes of your players to the database you used for the game (do some or even many disklike your club? what about hidden mental attributes? they don't change much or at all and so on), the more difference the more hints at a cheat

- ask to get rid of any real money in the game as suggested above

and ultimately

- demand to be the host of your network game from now on, then he cannot cheat anymore for sure. That's easily possible by just passing on the saved game to your computer. And if he is accusing you of wanting cheat (obviously you must not do that) it would again reveal more about himself than intended.

Good luck and please give us an update. I'm interested now in hearing how the story goes on. :thup:

hth :)

If money are on the line and he is cheating he might just as well steal it from your wallet..! If my friend did this to me he would be out of my life..!

however, it is VERY hard to proove something like this.. Even if he has FMRTE installed doesnt mean he has cheated.. just means he CAN cheat..

Get that screenshot from him.. that would clear things up (at least concerning the money issue)

Archived