Notification Of Job Availability

Grimoz

One thing I would really like to see is an option for you to set a notification message on any team whether it be club or international that contacts you as soon as the managerial position becomes vacant. I cant count the the times I have been waiting for a position to become available (Australian National Team) and before I know it they have changed managers without notifying anyone about the available position. Yes sure you can go into the job centre every 5 seconds to check but who really wants to be doing that. Occasionally you will get notification of a job becoming available but it doesnt do it all the time which is annoying. What do you guys think?

It's about time. I've always found it stupid that all sorts of jobs become available without a notification in your inbox. The lack of notification for anything but the top few international jobs was particularly annoying.

But now we'll have to subscribe to a particular nation to get news, and I fear this means we'll either get all the news from that nation and its leagues or we'll have to sift through every message about every player injury, squad selection, and other bit for the national team.

It would be nice to have an option to simply be notified whenever any management job of any kind becomes available in the game.

But now we'll have to subscribe to a particular nation to get news, and I fear this means we'll either get all the news from that nation and its leagues or we'll have to sift through every message about every player injury, squad selection, and other bit for the national team.

That was my understanding when I read it too :(

Hopefully we're wrong though.

The way i read it was that you can choose which "objects" you subscribe too, so hopefully "objects" mean things like job availability, player injuries, suspensions, transfers etc and then you can choose which countries you want to here about them from.

Hopefully!

I think objects mean things like clubs, nations, competitions, then you effectively apply a filter on what you want to see. So if you only want to see job related news - you can filter everything else out and just see that.

That's how I read it at least.

I think objects mean things like clubs, nations, competitions, then you effectively apply a filter on what you want to see. So if you only want to see job related news - you can filter everything else out and just see that.

That's how I read it at least.

That would be perfect - hope that's the case.

The game should let you know when any job in any active league becomes available. It's ridiculous that FM 09 doesn't do this (and, indeed, many of it predecessors). SI really have to fix this for the upcoming version, otherwise I think the whole game is undermined.

Agreed. There should be no need to subscribe to news items. Hard code the game so that it notifies the manager of all vacancies. At the most let the user pick whether it's only top level leagues or all leagues. I'd rather not have to bother with the news item subscriptions and filters, because doesn't that add excessive data to my saved game? Even if it's filtered out, wouldn't there still be a lot of crap news items piling up behind the scenes? Maybe not. Maybe the filter would prevent them from even being issued.

Some clarity from SI would help.

Agreed. There should be no need to subscribe to news items. Hard code the game so that it notifies the manager of all vacancies. At the most let the user pick whether it's only top level leagues or all leagues. I'd rather not have to bother with the news item subscriptions and filters, because doesn't that add excessive data to my saved game? Even if it's filtered out, wouldn't there still be a lot of crap news items piling up behind the scenes? Maybe not. Maybe the filter would prevent them from even being issued.

Some clarity from SI would help.

If you were informed of all vacancies it would be a little annoying skipping through the 20+ messages you'd receive every week! It'd be like FM07 where you would offered almost every player on your shortlist constantly by their team, which was infuriating!!!!

It would be realistic to let you know of all vacancies in your current league and from the top division.

Archived