Managing U21 International

You could manager the under21 side right from the start of the game. Here's what to do.

1. Once the game is loaded up select start new game

2. Pick a database

3. Pick the nations you want to start with (you can just pick England if you want)

4. Click start game

5. Once all the data has loaded cancel the wizard

6. Pick a club with English players in it.

7. Click on the England flag

8. The England Squad will come up. There will be an option to take control but dont do that yet.

9. Select the Under 21 squad then finally select take control. You will now be in charge of the U21 squad.

The above steps do work because I've just tried it.

It's very rare that you're offered the rule of an U21 team. VERY rare.

And that's a shame! I'm going to call that out as a "suggestion" for the next version(s) of FM... offer international jobs for U21/U18/etc to human managers. It's a type of stepping-stone up the ladder to a full national team job, just like a manager steps from lower leagues to more prestigious jobs.

Ive never been offered and U21 job so I didnt even know you could manage them.

same here, would be a good experience though.

also a great way of assessing and buying young talent!

You could manager the under21 side right from the start of the game. Here's what to do.

1. Once the game is loaded up select start new game

2. Pick a database

3. Pick the nations you want to start with (you can just pick England if you want)

4. Click start game

5. Once all the data has loaded cancel the wizard

6. Pick a club with English players in it.

7. Click on the England flag

8. The England Squad will come up. There will be an option to take control but dont do that yet.

9. Select the Under 21 squad then finally select take control. You will now be in charge of the U21 squad.

The above steps do work because I've just tried it.

Aww, isnt that silly I've played the game for this long and not know that, just started one now - thanks very much (y)

Should see me through to Fm10 :D

It's very rare that you're offered the rule of an U21 team. VERY rare.

I was playing with a friend via LAN and he got a U21 job request, when he stopped as U21 manager he got a massage that i was one of the fav. managers to follow up.

We both scouted allot of youngsters and our average team age was very low. Also we had scouted many Dutch youngsters and like 5/6 were playing in our first team. Then he got the request for Holland U21.

• 5 months later...

I am wolfsburg in season 2 just after the wc. I have been offered the job of of Ivory Coast. I click Accept yet nothin happen and bout 4 or 5 days later they request me to be their manager. This has been goin on for weeks. I don't know what to do or what the problem is. PLEASE HELP!!

Archived