Notes

lol that depends on how well things are going!! ill usually identify where i need to strengthen the squad, and write that down (before i forget, have a terrible memory), will keep track of potential targets etc. if things arent going so well, theres usually a lot of scribbling going on, especially if the weakness/cause of the loss of form is obvious. on the whole, nearly everything gets written on my pad, the only things that go into the "game notebook" is feedback after i've disciplined any players (sendings off, poor performance etc)

I keep a pad next to my PC for writing things down, its mainly transfer targets and weaknesses with the team. Although I usually end up with the notepad containing things like stupid F-ing referee and other swear words about opposition players etc.

I keep a pad next to my PC for writing things down, its mainly transfer targets and weaknesses with the team. Although I usually end up with the notepad containing things like stupid F-ing referee and other swear words about opposition players etc.

:D im soooooo glad im not the only one!! :thup:

Hmm at the moment I don't keep any notes, I'm beginning to think I should start to though, maybe then I'll remember not to be impressed by the player playing in the trialists and scout him less then a week after i'd released him :D

lol yup definitely helps there!! thought of another couple i write down > if players can play multiple positions, ill write where i think theyre best, so i dont forget or have to keep lookin on profile. also ill work out who's goin on loan and to waht feeder club, who's performing well in reserves, and who's not... loads of stuff really, mainly cos if i dont, ill forget it! helps to pick up the "thred" of the game as well, if im away from it for a few days for any reason...

I use the notes section on FM2009 as reminders about player contracts, review my tactics etc. Although I am dissapointed that you cannot export the notes so that you can use them again when you start a new game (rather than having to type them out again).

However, one thing I miss from FM2008 was that you can have player notes but these seem to have disappered in FM2009. I thought this was a good feature and I miss it.

I used to keep notes about wether I have disciplined someone, their reaction and any other important bits.

Would be good to have in FM2010 - anyone know if they are in the new version?

Cheers

I used to keep notes about wether I have disciplined someone, their reaction and any other important bits.

Would be good to have in FM2010 - anyone know if they are in the new version?

Cheers

I think I read somewhere that news items will tell you more about players should they miss training on a regular basis, I hope this includes red cards too, but I don't remember it saying anything about being able to record their reactions... which was sadly missing from the note module in FM09

I use excel and have a spreadsheet for each team I manage.

I separate by main position and then for each player keep a record of CA (Stars), PA (Stars) + Note (As good as, better than etc), how they fit in with the squad (Fits in well, has to adapt etc), Strengths & Weaknesses (Not obvious ones ie injuries, pressure, consistency etc).

Youth players are highlighted in blue, Main players in green and then sorted by my preferred order of selection (At least the main ones).

I update it a couple of times a season Jan & July before using the spare room to make notes about potential transfers.

I use excel and have a spreadsheet for each team I manage.

I separate by main position and then for each player keep a record of CA (Stars), PA (Stars) + Note (As good as, better than etc), how they fit in with the squad (Fits in well, has to adapt etc), Strengths & Weaknesses (Not obvious ones ie injuries, pressure, consistency etc).

Youth players are highlighted in blue, Main players in green and then sorted by my preferred order of selection (At least the main ones).

I update it a couple of times a season Jan & July before using the spare room to make notes about potential transfers.

Coloured pens & notebooks are a big part of my FM experience. Type of notetaking changes each year but tactical pre match report recommendations & in match changes are my main logs. I have started setting out First XI's on a sheet printed with the pitch graphic, and am toying with the idea of a huge whiteboard above the PC but I have 2 small ones, hand size, which I will hopefully make do with.

Archived