Football Manager Suggestion/Discussion

As a Newcastle fan I am used to watching wingers take no notice of managerial instructions to defend or get back- Ginola, Laurent Robert and now Lovenkrands who has just had a little bust up with Nolan and Enrique who were shouting at him to get back in support. Personally, when a winger is as good as Ginola in attack (and as hopeless as Ginola in defence) I prefer them to concentrate on attacking, creating and scoring.

My point is that on FM the stats will tell us how good a player is at defending or tackling for instance but there is no way of interacting with a player and asking him to get back and support the fullbacks. This would be a good idea and it would not necesarily mean the player had to oblige either.

For instance you could specify a player should track back when under pressure or when the play dictates and then on the highlights see if they are taking a blind bit of notice. For me, if they ignore you and create a goal and score then I'll probably forgive them, but i'm sure there are a few FM's out there who would have no hesitation but to nickname them "tw*% face", fine them, relegate them to the reserves, transfer list them and...let that be a lesson to the test of the squad!

On a serious note, setting an example could even influence how other players respond to your instructions.

Just an idea..thoughts?

Archived