FM10 - 3d MATCH ENGINE! IS THIS REAL?

that is FM10 ther are previous links on this site showing this

just couldnt find it!

this video seems like the stadium looks better thatn the video on SI's main page! i.e you dont see any stupid blank green spaces behind the stadium! hope it remains this way!

just couldnt find it!

this video seems like the stadium looks better thatn the video on SI's main page! i.e you dont see any stupid blank green spaces behind the stadium! hope it remains this way!

I would agree that the stadium looks better but the play is still too fast the ball is pinging around like a pin table and does not really reflect the ebb and flow of a real football match.

As I have posted before unless this improves by release date I wil stick to FM9 which although limited I an quite happy with

I would agree that the stadium looks better but the play is still too fast the ball is pinging around like a pin table and does not really reflect the ebb and flow of a real football match.

As I have posted before unless this improves by release date I wil stick to FM9 which although limited I an quite happy with

There is a match speed slider you know?

I would say that the ball movement sill appears too slow. Balls seem to float through the air on the default, "real life" speed setting.

I would say that the ball movement sill appears too slow. Balls seem to float through the air on the default, "real life" speed setting.

I'm talking the passes between players it looks the ball in a pin ball machine there does not seem to be the variety that is in a real match for example when a player will kill a ball an look for the runner or lay it off.

The match speed looks slow to me. But there seems to be plenty more movement in the slider to sort that out.

When it switches to the overhead view, it looks like the fans in the crowd are sliding from side to side across the seats :D

I'm talking the passes between players it looks the ball in a pin ball machine there does not seem to be the variety that is in a real match for example when a player will kill a ball an look for the runner or lay it off.

I know what you mean about the "pin ball machine" comment. I can see that too. But SI are improving the match engine every year, so in the next couple of releases I'd expect it to become more and more lifelike, and less like a pinball machine. It will take time, though. It's no easy task.

I do hope that in FM10 when you are watching in 3D the screen will revert back to the squad screen (or whichever was the last screen you clicked on) when the 3D action stops. Very annoying when there ceases to be and 3D action you are just sat there staring at the pitch with the action frozen until the 3D action kicks in again..

I know what you mean about the "pin ball machine" comment. I can see that too. But SI are improving the match engine every year, so in the next couple of releases I'd expect it to become more and more lifelike, and less like a pinball machine. It will take time, though. It's no easy task.

There is a match speed slider, which looks like its set to two notches (faster, to the right) from default. Hope Si brings out another video where the match speed is normal, not like a pin ball machine.

There is a match speed slider, which looks like its set to two notches (faster, to the right) from default. Hope Si brings out another video where the match speed is normal, not like a pin ball machine.

It's not about the match speed, Marz, but the fluidity of the play.

That is quite true! It could take even years for the graphics to be on par with FIFA Club Manager!!!

This looks brilliant I have to say! For some bizzare reason, my computer isnt good enough to handle Classic 2D but it can handle a low frills 3D just fine - only problem is that I dont see much of the teams strips (one reason I like the 2D is because you see two massive blobs of teams colours and can easily distinguish who is who). But in this video, all the players look very bold and love the introduction of weather!

But ONE MASSIVE INTRODUCTION is the fact we can enjoy 3D but also see it from roughly overhead but at an angle. Means we can enjoy 3D and see our tactics etc.

Archived