FM10 and Steam questions

hi, im new to the whole buying fm through steam dealio and i have a few questions:

1) i have already pre-ordered fm10 through steam but im having a few doubts because i realised the games size would be around 3-4 gig and it will probably take a while to download because of VM thottling dl speeds during daytime. Is it possible to cancel prerders through steam and if so, how do i do it?

2) secondly if i buy a boxed version and then activate via steam, would it be possible to play without the original CD or does the CD need to be in the drive to play??

sorry if these questions have been answered already.

aj

Even on the lowest Virgin tier and max throttling you shouldnt be sitting for ages waiting for the game to download.

Besides, it will be like last year, there will be a pre load in which the game downloads weeks or days in advance so that Steam doesnt die on release day... then when the game gets released Steam just downloads the last little part of it and then you can play.

Hell, Empire Total War is 15GB to download everytime and on my 20mb virgin connection i could leave it and come back to it in an hour or two and it was done.

but steam has wronged the countdown...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34000/

30th october will be in a month and 5 days, not 1 month, 1 week and 1 day...

Maybe the DD release date is the same as the worldwide release date, 3 days after the European release date?

I know Majestic did it that way. US release monday, worldwide and DD on friday. Maybe FM10 is Europe on Friday, worldwide & DD on Monday?

Maybe the DD release date is the same as the worldwide release date, 3 days after the European release date?

I know Majestic did it that way. US release monday, worldwide and DD on friday. Maybe FM10 is Europe on Friday, worldwide & DD on Monday?

No because on the Website there is write that the game's download will be available on 30th ocotber ;)

I downloaded from Steam last year, and they allowed you to actually download the game the day before, which meant at midnight you just had to activate it and play straight away, though from memory it didn't work for a lot of people.

I'll probably do the same this year, get a couple hours of sorting the tactics etc so I can get home from work on the friday and start playing matches.

but steam has wronged the countdown...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34000/

30th october will be in a month and 5 days, not 1 month, 1 week and 1 day...

Some people have far to much time or not enough stuff to do!

i will inform them about that

Thank you Aim Less, i wouldnt have been able to focus on anything unless that clock was put right! Im not sure, but i think the world may have actually started turning backwards or something.

Sarcasm btw :thup:

I downloaded from Steam last year, and they allowed you to actually download the game the day before, which meant at midnight you just had to activate it and play straight away, though from memory it didn't work for a lot of people.

I'll probably do the same this year, get a couple hours of sorting the tactics etc so I can get home from work on the friday and start playing matches.

too true it is by far the quickest way , I noticed it was available at about 10pm !! also download for patches is very good , they do it for you ..!! I can say only good things about steam .

Archived