What a Stupid Goalkeeper!!!!

Grimoz

I just played a match with my team St Albans in the BSP against the league leaders and beat them 5-1. Upon watching the goal replays after the game I noticed that 4 of the goals (3 by my star striker) were due to the same goalkeeping error (or stupidity) and they were all in the space of 3 minutes of each other. Basically when my players came forward the goalkeeper would rush out of the penalty box and my player with the ball would gracefully glide straight past him and run into and open goal.

Has anyone else ever had this happen or is the goalkeeper just having a bad day??? I remind you too that this team is top of the league after 35 games and have lost only 2. My strikers are good but surely it would happen 4 times.

Oh and by the way the keeper got a match rating of 5.

He seemed to be coming way too far out, almost to the center line. That doesnt sound right.

Saw a keeper bug at Old Trafford last week too............:D

come on a keeper would never try to take the ball back into the box they would clear it surely...............wouldnt they:rolleyes::rolleyes:

poor decision stat/high eccentricity could contribute to this also.... bit extreme to see him do it 3 times in one match though, usually even the daftest of keepers learn after the second mistake.. well, for the duration of that match anyways. next game theyre back to their usual idiot self...

last game I played their keeper came out to touch line and fluffed the clearance leaving an open goal:thup:

but my winger decided to run with it:confused:

I had that one with my winger, but instead of running he passed it to the Defensive midfielder, who also with an open goal as the goalie ran back decided that my centre back should have it...Oh no.

The story of how I got knocked out of the CL against Chelsea with Laval:

My first choice GK and top central defender were injured and backups were playing. The backup central defender collected a ball inside our area and wanted to clear it, but he hit the other DC with the ball. It bounced back, my stupid keeper didn't handle it but decided to head instead, straight to the Chelsea striker lurking way behind the defenders. He scored of course. The keeper is no longer with us :)

The story of how I got knocked out of the CL against Chelsea with Laval:

My first choice GK and top central defender were injured and backups were playing. The backup central defender collected a ball inside our area and wanted to clear it, but he hit the other DC with the ball. It bounced back, my stupid keeper didn't handle it but decided to head instead, straight to the Chelsea striker lurking way behind the defenders. He scored of course. The keeper is no longer with us :)

Ouch, that's harsh. Maybe the game mistook it for a pass, so it thought the keeper couldn't catch it without causing a penalty?

I suppose so. It would be hard to make an intentional backpass with your back though, I thought my keeper would know that :)

Yup :D

I just think it might be a coding error of sorts, or maybe something they didn't account for in the ME. You'll usually assume that your players can pass the ball properly and not turn a simply pass into a potential own goal.

Then again, mysterious things sometimes happen in games. For instance, I was watching my local team at the stadium this monday, and while trailing 3-2, the keeper somehow decided it was a great idea to throw it out to the left side defender, while said defender was clearly covered by an opposing striker. The ball landed at the striker's feet and a couple of dribbles and a pass later, my team was trailing 4-2. Said keeper also let the opposition score the 2-1 goal by blindly rushing into a defender at the edge of the box who already had the ball covered. This resulted in the keeper running straight into the defender, causing both to fall over and leaving the lone opposition striker in front of a totally empty goal.

Needless to say, I was less than pleased with the keeper during that match :p

All of Arsenal's recent keepers have been quite bad with the whole coming out and missing the ball thing... Big Dave *****y is the last one I can think of who didn't suffer from this.

So at a lower level, sure. Why not. In the top league three in one game would be odd, but even then understandable.

Archived