Suggestions...

Hi all Manager fans,

Been playing for many years now - since 93 actually and i like the way the game has developed. Media, finances etc. Some guys just want to load a standard tactic and put the game on auto pilot. But most of us want more and S.I Games are letting us dive more and more into the "real manager world" season after season. Great. The more detailes the better. We like to personalyze our teams and the way we play. Who hasnt tried to copy Wengers pass and move tactic from real life Prem or The Barca romantic atacking game mentality...? It looks like in FM10 my demands are being fulfilled. However I want more...

Here a couple of suggestions for improvements;

1. know(09) you have 3 choices of comments to another manager as a taunt/friendly acktion. Eighther negative, neutral or positive. This no matter if you are world class or a complete newbie.

Why not have a skill based "war of words" in the media like Fergie, Wenger and Benitez - not to forget Mourinho in the jolly good days of Chelskiy.

Remember the game Monkey island(1) where the outcome of a swordfight duel was destined by the trashtalk you gave the opponent and if the opponent was left with no answer due to him being a rookie trash talker. You could easely adapt this to FM...

If you start as a rookie manager and played 3 seasons getting involved with media battles with rival managers througout the seasons and you being "promoted" to continental manager... you would over the seasons have adapted more and more manager comments and the best responses. Say you where Gillingham and where tho face Man U. in the cup one year - you could trash talk Ferguson(get crushed) but then have adapted his verbal media talents. Pick up outbursts who will leave opponents players nailbiting and playing nervously if low mental attributes.

Above also allowes another profile rating(ex. Club/player loyalty etc.): You could name it media handling... Mourinho: 20 - Mark Stimson: 3

2. Experience is needed in the higher leagues as managers. My suggestion are that the more experienced you get in the game the more knowledge you pick up - Hence the more options being available(tactics/media). Starting as a rookie with coaching license step 1 with a number of tactical formations available example: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-4-1-1 etc.. as you get more experienced you could get better and better licences and receive more and more options available.

Of course not all are willing to progress from "the bottom/beginning" as a Rookie manager - They will have the oppertunity to choose "Past experience" as in FM09 example international footballer - unlocking continental manager reputation and thus more options. Maybe also adding the choice Manager legend - enabling the full package.

I really hope you guys out there can forgive my foreign English writing. I am from Denmark and doesnt really want to go throug gramma and stuff. I think you understand.

Hope to receive some feedback...

Best regards

Anders Bech Jensen

Aka - Assi BechAnovic:cool:

** Assi BechAnovic are my Manager alter ego - A Serbian Manager from Zagreb taking on Manager challenges around the globe. Bad English speaking, arrogant, agressive, cannot sign Montenegro players(like the Bilbao/Basque rule) etc... A real Jerk but in a game like this it's kind of cool to unleash your inner bastard.... **

Archived