Yet another Brazilian whingebag!

Don't know if it's a bug or just an arsey player, but I've got an 18 year old promising Brazilian DMC on a backup contract that I've just bought for my Sampdoria team and he's unhappy with the amount of competition for a first team place. His personality is "balanced".

a) He's only just joined and is moaning already?

b) He's only 18 and signing for a big(ish) club

c) He's only on a backup contract

d) He IS the main backup for one of my starting 11 and will get games in cup matches etc.

e) When the media story broke where he said this, I had 4 options of responses, none of which were "you're a backup"

f) Can't discipline the player for unprofessional behaviour

g) Why is there no option to deal with this issue outside of the media interaction

Good point made about the disciplining of players. I hate the fact I can't punish players who criticise me in the media. I used to do it on FM2007 and earlier, and half the time they accepted the punishment, so why take it out?

I want to decide how and when to discipline my players, I don't want the game doing it for me.

Why can't youngsters be like this:

(copy pasted from the official team page)

Finally, what are your personal ambitions for this season?

Rafael: Just to help the team do well and play as many games as possible.

Fabio: We’re still young and are just trying to do the best we can. We have a great squad with some good young players and lots of experience. The young lads are always pushing the older ones and hopefully we’ll continue to get more chances.

Well most of you guessed who they are, for a 19 year old, i don't care where he plays or what potential he has this is the right way to respond.

To sum up, we will fight for a place and grab every opportunity, and won't moan all season long because we now that we are still young and need to learn our trade.

Why can't youngsters be like this:

(copy pasted from the official team page)

Finally, what are your personal ambitions for this season?

Rafael: Just to help the team do well and play as many games as possible.

Fabio: We’re still young and are just trying to do the best we can. We have a great squad with some good young players and lots of experience. The young lads are always pushing the older ones and hopefully we’ll continue to get more chances.

Well most of you guessed who they are, for a 19 year old, i don't care where he plays or what potential he has this is the right way to respond.

To sum up, we will fight for a place and grab every opportunity, and won't moan all season long because we now that we are still young and need to learn our trade.

Are they Man Utd's players, or what?! :D;)

Don't know if it's a bug or just an arsey player, but I've got an 18 year old promising Brazilian DMC on a backup contract that I've just bought for my Sampdoria team and he's unhappy with the amount of competition for a first team place. His personality is "balanced".

a) He's only just joined and is moaning already?

b) He's only 18 and signing for a big(ish) club

c) He's only on a backup contract

d) He IS the main backup for one of my starting 11 and will get games in cup matches etc.

e) When the media story broke where he said this, I had 4 options of responses, none of which were "you're a backup"

f) Can't discipline the player for unprofessional behaviour

g) Why is there no option to deal with this issue outside of the media interaction

i suppose the real problem is why i didn't realise there was alot of competition in his postition before signing. and shouldn't that have stopped him from joining?

its abit strange for an 18 year old to be moaning but maybe you have loads of squad rotation players in his postition? and so even if he may get the nod ahead of the squad rotation players its still pushing him down the pecking order on paper.

keep on playing him and he'll probably realise everythings ok.

You say he's described as 'balanced'. Don't know the exact meaning, but a high proportion of S. American regens have terrible temperament and general personality hidden attributes.

Balanced simply means he not does fall into any other personality. can still have some bad or good attributes but none as a combination fits a certain personality, see Lyssien personality guide.

Yes, you are right about S. Americans often listed as tempermental or other bad personalities, i assume it must be deliberate if it crops up in your game as well.

You say he's described as 'balanced'. Don't know the exact meaning, but a high proportion of S. American regens have terrible temperament and general personality hidden attributes.

Which is why "yet another brazilian" is in the title. Nearly all of the promising youth products seem to be a bit tempermental.

Into December now and he's now "content to stay at club". Given him a few sub appearances and have someone tutoring him.

Good point made about the disciplining of players. I hate the fact I can't punish players who criticise me in the media. I used to do it on FM2007 and earlier, and half the time they accepted the punishment, so why take it out?

I want to decide how and when to discipline my players, I don't want the game doing it for me.

I agree with you here. I hope they re include this feature in FM 2010!

Archived