Username and password

I have recently sold my copy of FM2009, the buyer said he was installing it and it needed a username and password. i don't remember using one (apart from my steam account, but you can install it using the other option and i got no such thing)

would it be linked to my sega account? if so, how do one go about changing the registration details?

Any help would be appreciated.

you should never give out any user name or password for your steam account, this person is obviously trying to obtain those details, even if you didnt have a steam accound it was worth a go.

I assume with FM09 it is a little more diffucult to sell on as you bought the lisence and the CD came to install the game. Another user on steam would have to buy the game again to install it. Is the the same for non steam users or can you pass on a code if you sell.

PC game CDs carry no value what so ever in high street trade-ins. I doubt selling it would fetch much more, unless the user can con you out of your steam password!

Not a good idea, just no[/b[don't send any user names and passwords.

I can understanderbly be quite easily confused, especially this day and age you have to register to various web sites, with various email addresses and login details, then there is the brief process of installing the game. Remembering what login and email address you used for a insurance quote, then what account you used to register a game.

Be careful, you shouldn't need to give your user name and password or shall never need to. As they, these people; can if of ill mind steal Steam games, by installing the games from your account as they've your login. That's my view.

If it's to a mate, it shouldn't matter, but if you don't know them from adam, don't give it out.

I never had to use a login to play this game, create an account with Steam it's a different matter.

Archived