Save Game Error

I was playing FM09 on a plane yesterday & my battery got desperately low during a match. The PC at one point went into hibernation, but I got it running again & the match was still playing. I finished the match, moved through the next few screens & saved the game. I then exited FM & shut down the laptop as you would normally.

FM was telling me I had 1 min battery time at one point.

Now when I go to reload I get a save game error - the saved game could not be loaded.

Looking at the file - 98mb - it's save date & time appear correct.

Is there any way that if I upload it to - say - Rapidshare - someone's able to look at it to see whether it can be fixed?

sounds pretty terminal to me tbh. for future reference, id recommend using the "3 file autosave" in the preferences. that way, should this happen again, at least you have a back-up copy of the save to go back to...

I was playing FM09 on a plane yesterday & my battery got desperately low during a match. The PC at one point went into hibernation, but I got it running again & the match was still playing. I finished the match, moved through the next few screens & saved the game. I then exited FM & shut down the laptop as you would normally.

FM was telling me I had 1 min battery time at one point.

Now when I go to reload I get a save game error - the saved game could not be loaded.

Looking at the file - 98mb - it's save date & time appear correct.

Is there any way that if I upload it to - say - Rapidshare - someone's able to look at it to see whether it can be fixed?

It has happened to me too:thdn:

sorry to say you are stuffed:(

I usually save every day now so if it happens again not a lot to go back over:thup:

One of the major problems of save game corruption is power issues whilst saving and you appear to have had such issues. There is every liklihood that the current save will be lost and if you dont have another save from the 3 game rolling autosave option available, you will probably have to start again.

damn. There is a - or seems to be - 3 game auto save - my game is LLM, there's also a LLM2 & LLM3. But LLM2 hasn't saved for a month, so I've lost half a season, where I was 13 points clear of 3rd & a point off the top.

Oh well, just have to try to remember which players I brought in.

Thanks for the help

Archived