Craziest Ever Game

I was Man city. This is the 3rd round of the cup. As you can see I took an early lead and thought things would be comfortable. However they equalised straigh away, I was not too worried, so I let things run and nipped away for a minute or so. I come back with my team in disaaray at half-time, I make 3 subs and go ultra-attacking, and somehow come back. Despite absolutely dominating the second half, in total I had twice a smany shots, and 9 clear-cut chances to their two, I cannot score a fifth in the half and it goes to extra time. Extra time, I stick with the same formation, except push the wing-backs into midfield, so a 2-4-4, and huff and puff but cannot score. As soon as penalties cam I knew what would happen. What a waste of a comeback, but brilliant game.

freakresultp.th.jpg

A few years ago my mate lost in the league cup with Norwich, 10-6 at Liverpool after 90 minutes :eek:

And on our network game on FM08 my other mate had a playoff-semi 2nd leg where he needed to score 3 within the last 10 minutes. He did! Then conceded in the 90th minute to be out! And then scored AGAIN in the 4th minute of stoppage time to progress.

I watched the game live and couldn't have been closer to a heart-attack if I had played that game myself...

edit: Before someone doubts it, I do have a screenie of the 10-6 game and the pkm of the play-off game, but only at home (am at work).

I had a 10-6 as well, Triestina Under-20s 10-6 Torino Under-20s. My goalkeeper got a rating of 7...

Absolutely no defending whatsoever from both sides, or at least nothing worth commenting on. Needless to say no defender from that batch of youngsters has made it to my first-team a few years on - and I don't see any of them in the top flight either!

I was managing Real Sociedad in La Liga, and would qualify for Europe with a draw in my last match. I really needed Europe to be able to build my team as I struggled getting hold of good players with a club of Real Sociedad's low reputation. I had four goalkeepers in my squad, one of them had a long term injury and been out for a while, my first choice had received a red card and was out with suspension for the match. The two other ones were ready to step in, or so I thought. In the last few days leading up to the match, the two remaining goalkeepers suffered minor injuries, injured just about long enough to not be able to take part in the upcoming match. It was the last match of the season, I only needed a draw to qualify for Europe, and the match was at home against the team I was fighting with for the last qualification spot... and none of my goalkeepers could play. I had to put an outfield player in goal (not even one of those greyed out players appeared).

I started the match magnificently, played fantastic football and my outfield player turned goalkeeper even saved a few shots. I was up by 4-0 and 20 minutes left of the match. I was still pretty nervous, but was actually starting to believe that I could win this. 20 minutes later the referee blew the final whistle and I had lost 5-4. My goalkeeper suddenly decided to concede every single shot coming towards goal, regardless how far away or how weak. Shots he had saved earlier in the match now zoomed past him, I was out of Europe.

Archived