How many leagues in depth can i create?

• 3 weeks later...
I think the number is infinite. It all depends on whether your pc can handle this!

Surely you don't have to add all the tiers if you can't handle it anyway, when it comes to starting the game. So if you download a 10 tier English system and find out you can't run it very well, you'd most likely be able to choose top 6 or whatever when creating a save.

Hopefully, it will indeed be a hell of an awesome download :)

It's 46 divisions, btw.

As already said it wont be a massive download because a lot of it will just be team names and club information. No player names or pics would be in it unless whoever does the download has put in some of their local clubs full information.

It will be nice to make a few more tiers to a nations leagues for loaning out players and having more of that nations players being generated without having another nation loaded.

In 30 seasons seeing Whitby out of the depths into the Football League will provide a few laughs. Seeing Sunderland end up out of the football leagues playing Newcastle Town will also be a good screen shot.

Down to tier 8 will do me nicely, to be honest.

Will it be as simple as just adding the already created leagues to the database from the editor and playing away? We won't have to edit the teams in i hope/assume.

i think down to tier 10 you just active it, below tier 10 you need to create and edit them

As already said it wont be a massive download because a lot of it will just be team names and club information. No player names or pics would be in it unless whoever does the download has put in some of their local clubs full information.

The files will be small because they are *.xml files.

Many researchers will make detailed databases with accurate player/staff details. I'm guessing they mostly won't include player pictures, although graphics bods will probably make packs of those too.

im a little bit confused about this editor...does it have all the info about these lower-tier leagues already loaded? or do we have to actually put in the info ourselves?

also, while we're on the topic of leagues...for Fm09, when you select a league and set it to "View Only" is there any way to view player stats for that particular league, eg. goals scored, etc. ?

im a little bit confused about this editor...does it have all the info about these lower-tier leagues already loaded? or do we have to actually put in the info ourselves?

Many of the clubs a few tiers lower are researched and have some/many players/staff in the database in FM09 - you can check in the editor. I suspect more will in FM10. But in addition the researchers who make databases for these tiers will include much more detail. Some probably very full and others maybe a bit hit-and-miss.

I will be making up my own database of obscure Scottish sides and out here in Cambodia I'll have to leave the AI to fill in squads with regens.

Hopefully, it will indeed be a hell of an awesome download :)

It's 46 divisions, btw.

And from THAT file, I will create the Devon and Surrey leagues! Slightly changed just to include the local teams I like. And probably not including all the other level 11 and level 12 leagues there are (all wikipedia is probably my first port of call...!).

Archived