Media Suggestion

Hope this is the right place, couldn't see a suggestions forum. As this game simulates being a manager of a football team, and there additions to the game tend to be limited to things only real life managers do, I wondered about adding punditry to the game. For example if your unemployed at any point in the game and with a high enough reputation you could be signed up to be a pundit. You could then watch the "televised" match and be asked your opinion afterwards. Your answers could effect your relationships with other players and managers. Could maybe something you could do as an international manager as well, and in that case any answers relating to international players for your nation could have there international happyness effected as well.

I really like that idea, it could definitely work, and it would give international managers something else to do.

You see guys like Big Sam and Mark Hughes dabbling in punditry during the season, maybe it could apply if there is a cup replay between two sides, and one of them will be your next opponent.

I seriously think SI should consider this.

In terms of punditry I think it is going off course a bit and does not really add much value to the game, so I agree with sambos.

However I like the idea of the relationship with players and managers and could influence the favoured personnel.

As our managers favourite personnel from my experience is only from my current squad. It would be good if opposing managers and players from

rival clubs could go under favourites and also disliked personnel could be permanent as opposed to the rare scuffle between team mates at a club.

But it would give International managers something to do, and add an extra dimension. But Punditry is not for me. :)

I think there is too much focus on that stuff and that it has unreasonable importance as it is. I would prefer a return to a game about players and tactics and tone down all the fluff that has been added in the last years. But seeing what the blogs have been about I fear SI is going in a completely different direction. One blog about tactics and three about media. Says it all.

I think there is too much focus on that stuff and that it has unreasonable importance as it is. I would prefer a return to a game about players and tactics and tone down all the fluff that has been added in the last years. But seeing what the blogs have been about I fear SI is going in a completely different direction. One blog about tactics and three about media. Says it all.

Yeah I agree. It should be about the fundamentals of football and not the 'fluff'.

I actually like this idea but I can't see it being much fun after the first couple of times, it also comes across as a bit gimmicky so I'm not sure if it quite fits in with FM.

*raises eyebrow*

bit gimmicky? the whole thing's gimmicky these days.

Except this new editor. That's the reason I'll be buying on release day.

Archived