Feeder Team Cheat?

Just wondering if anyone has tried this with feeder teams:

You pay your feeder team their yearly cash lump sum on the same day they became your feeder team, but the year after. So, if you, let's say a week into the new season, become a parent club for one of the recently relegated teams in the Championship, who you know will be promoted, you will enjoy all the benefits that a feeder team gives to you, but won't have to pay them the money, as when next year comes round they'll be in the Prem again, and will have said "we're in the same league as you now, so go away".

Has anyone tried this? And does it/would it work?

It was an all right idea even if you have to keep a feeder team until you've payed the money. I wasn't going to do it, as I don't cheat. I was just playing the game last night and had one of my feeder teams come up to the Prem, and break connections with me. So it was just a thought.

I don't think there is such a thing as a team you "know will be promoted" at such an early stage in the season. That sounds so much like my friend down the pub who will tell everyone about the horse in the 6.45 at Southwell that "can't get beat". That's all I want to say on the issue, now I'm off to re-count those pesky chickens...

The only "cheat" as such is to:

1. Take control of a club, request a feeder club, retire.

2. Repeat step 1 a few times (remember the club has a hidden limit of feeder clubs so don't be silly and repeat 10 times)

Continue the game and you should see the Chairman responding to the 2/3/4 requests you made.

Quite useful if you don't like the clubs current feeder clubs and want something new, or you just want a better variety of clubs.

Archived