New game: Boredom

I need a new exciting game that will keep me entertained for a while. I've started to get bored of the usual ones, England ect. I need a challenge that isn't too ludicrous. Suggest away. icon_biggrin.gif

I need a new exciting game that will keep me entertained for a while. I've started to get bored of the usual ones, England ect. I need a challenge that isn't too ludicrous. Suggest away. icon_biggrin.gif

Can you give any sort of clue as to what kind of game you think might not bore you? Don't get me wrong, I realise you're looking for suggestions. Just wondering what sort of level or country you're thinking might excite you a bit more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">. I've started to get bored of the usual </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scotland National Team.

Tons of potential if you are a good gaffa.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarkTCfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">. I've started to get bored of the usual </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scotland National Team.

Tons of potential if you are a good gaffa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

International management can be a bit sparse in terms of action sometimes. Still, if you take it seriously, it is possible to fill your time with it. Just take in plenty of league matches and such.

My favorite game on 08 was a game where i started unemployed, with automatic reputation and about 10-15 leagues loaded (alot of low leagues) and eventually got a job with rio ave, taking them up 1st season from relegation zone and doing well in top devision (4th). Have a go at it! icon14.gif

UI have tried the Unemployment challenge and i find sometimes that International management takes longer and leaves me more bored. I'm jsut looking for a challenging game. Although i might try East Stirling, i did have a good idea of doing a sort of experiment on how the little nations or manage one of them but i'm not sure.

Also, which foreign leageus are best to manage in and dominate. Turkey?, Greece? , Russia? , Croatia? , Austria?

I have managed in Austria before as Red Bull Salzburg but that's the best club in the league so it wasn't exactly hard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peter G:

UI have tried the Unemployment challenge and i find sometimes that International management takes longer and leaves me more bored. I'm jsut looking for a challenging game. Although i might try East Stirling, i did have a good idea of doing a sort of experiment on how the little nations or manage one of them but i'm not sure.

Also, which foreign leageus are best to manage in and dominate. Turkey?, Greece? , Russia? , Croatia? , Austria?

I have managed in Austria before as Red Bull Salzburg but that's the best club in the league so it wasn't exactly hard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Northern Ireland is an easy country to dominate it, although progressing in the Champions League is almost impossible. Best I've managed was finishing 3rd in the group stage a few times.

Norway is a good league to manage in. If you start in the 2nd Division you'll be semi-pro, which means you'll face a good challenge to get promoted from the 1st division once you get there, because the pro teams tend to dominate.

The top flight isn't that hard to dominate because you should be pro by then, and you can attract some really good young players once you're consistently in the Champions League. Winning the Champions League is hard though, especially as you face a constant fight to hang onto your best players, but it's possible.

On FM2007 starting as Hammerfest in the 2nd division it took me 14 years to win the Champions League. Probably the best save game I've ever had.

Just started a game with only South American leagues running which is a nice challenge as I normally play in Europe. Basically means theres an entirely different set of competitions and I only recognise a bare minimum of the players.

The U.S.A.

I foolishly started a game as LA Galaxy and didnt understand all the rules. Signed a ton of great cheap players and could only play 4 of them because of the rules. If you can't register someone, they get a free transfer or something.

Do the research on there and when you do well, try to work your way through South America and perhaps into Europe.

I screwed up so badly, I quit and got a job six months later with relegation-threatened Deportivo.

Lots of restrictions = fresh game. Try it if you haven't already.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Themistofelis:

Bulgaria , very low league , developing and 1 good singing can make big difference </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I don't know any Bulgarian songs icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kenco:

Jenga. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That made me laugh so much icon_biggrin.gif

I'd Recommend Bringing Oxford to the Prem, Thats Fun icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coolbananas:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kenco:

Jenga. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That made me laugh so much icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you get bored of Jenga, I'd recommend a Brazilian National Third Division club. If I remember correctly, the main league is split into 16 mini-leagues of 8 teams, progression from there takes you to a knockout round, then a final 8-team league, where the top 4 are promoted. Of course if you get knocked out early it's a shortened season, but then you prepare for the regional championships, where you get to play against teams from all divisions.

The only difficult thing to do is pick 1 team from 128. I'd recommend going for the funniest name.

Well, seeing as Everybody took the time to reply, it's only fair i give you lot the same respect. I have read through all of the recommendations and this is just my philosophy so there might be a few questions so i would be greatful if you could awnser them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peter G:

I have managed in Austria before as Red Bull Salzburg but that's the best club in the league so it wasn't exactly hard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Northern Ireland is an easy country to dominate it, although progressing in the Champions League is almost impossible. Best I've managed was finishing 3rd in the group stage a few times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do like the sound of managing in Northern Ireland but there is only one thing that bothers me and that is the substitute rule with having only 3 people on the bench, how do you get around this? I'd understand you'd need versatile players but i'm use to having 5 players on the bench and with low fitness levels at the start of the game in the lower leagues i'd find it hard.?

However, at the moment this is the one i would probably pick most, using Gundo's challenge and i will follow that, who knows maybe i'll beat Paul Wallace's record icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Norway is a good league to manage in. If you start in the 2nd Division you'll be semi-pro, which means you'll face a good challenge to get promoted from the 1st division once you get there, because the pro teams tend to dominate.

The top flight isn't that hard to dominate because you should be pro by then, and you can attract some really good young players once you're consistently in the Champions League. Winning the Champions League is hard though, especially as you face a constant fight to hang onto your best players, but it's possible.

On FM2007 starting as Hammerfest in the 2nd division it took me 14 years to win the Champions League. Probably the best save game I've ever had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting but i have managed in the lower reaches as Randaberg in an earlier attempt at Gundo's challenge, i finished second in the first season and i failed to gain promotion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> manage a really bad dutch in the top division and try to build them up to winning the domestic treble and then the champions league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have also done this with Helmond? Well the team that has 1982 or something in their name, i signed Ronald Hamming as a striker and he got me a 10th place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The brazillian lower leagues are crazy, give it a go.

The asian leagues are pretty fun too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did start a game as Bahia in the Brazilian Division but i got bored of it as the squad was massive and there was no way of getting it down to a size i prefered. The Asian leagues are appealing but i've never understood their rules.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you havent already, manage your home town club (considering they are in FM and are in a low league). It's the best thing on the game to take your home town club through the leagues and to glory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luckily the team i support and my local team are the same. Southend United. I have had countless number of games as them but i haven't ever got past the first season.

Thanks everyone for your responses and i think i'll try Northern Ireland and look to nurture my youth.

I do like the sound of managing in Northern Ireland but there is only one thing that bothers me and that is the substitute rule with having only 3 people on the bench, how do you get around this? I'd understand you'd need versatile players but i'm use to having 5 players on the bench and with low fitness levels at the start of the game in the lower leagues i'd find it hard.?

However, at the moment this is the one i would probably pick most, using Gundo's challenge and i will follow that, who knows maybe i'll beat Paul Wallace's record icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 3 subs rule only applies to the two lower leagues, the Premier League introduced 5 subs at the start of the 07/08 season.

Archived