conceeding last minute goals..

on FM09 im liverpool, doing rather well, in 2nd with about 4 games left, but i have a problem, against the big teams, home or away, i ALWAYS dominate them and take a 1-0 lead, i still dominate them then they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS score in like the last minute with a wonder goal from a centre half or sumthing to draw 1-1. its getting rather annoying...

also, champs league semi final, beat dynamo kiev 3-0 away and in the 2nd leg (same team tactics as every other game) they batter me 4-0....

whats up with that sheet

oh right didnt realise that.thanks for the stats.though quite often when ive dominated a match,opposition dont even look like scoring then bang 93 mins or something they score.

Reason behind this (real life) is loss of fitness and concentration of some players before HT and FT.

And also the other team going all out on the attack only the last minutes when looking for a goal to avoid getting countered to soon in the game.

Must be that the ME does a good job of reflecting this.

The best way to avoid that is... to score 2 or more goals. Seriously - I've noted in FM that when I start to defend and try to keep my 1- lead, I most likely get punished sooner or later and have to leave with 1-1 draw. But if you maintain your own game (especially when you ARE dominating midfield) then you should keep that going and not punish your defenders for conceding a goal, but punishing your strikers for not using numerous chances they probably had during this game.

also, champs league semi final, beat dynamo kiev 3-0 away and in the 2nd leg (same team tactics as every other game) they batter me 4-0....

Your problem there is probably the team talk. Are you only getting three choices "Wish luck", "Warn against complacency" or "Expect a win", best bet if so is to go with none, and gee up your team at half time if needed. I find team talks after a big first leg win particularly useless.

Archived