FUN AND REALISM can matche in FM !!!

As everybody knows, FM series are realistic in football management, going deeper and deeper every year.

But maybe it's the time to introduce little bit fun and exitements in the game ( but still staying as a manager of course ! )

How to do ?

For example :

1 - we can have news presented in reality way, with real newspaper pages

2 - a special web site of fans for "your" team ( with polls, advice, criticism, best palyers, monthly upadtes, and so on .. )

3 - more media polls and statistics

4 - your player interviews in newspapers ( new player, good form, bad form, expectations etc... )

5 - seeing the player during training in 3D ( in live )

6 - meeting with players ( as the backroom advice )

7 - more choice ( speack to players ) in coaching area

8 - different new ( fan website, shocking news media, decent media, etc ... )

etc...

What you think to add color, fun, and keep the same philosophy of realism.

Thanks.

Hmm, I think cosmetic makeovers and FM philosophy is a marriage from hell...

Implementing half of the things you suggest would just take an awfully huge amount of time and effort, while it'll serve zero in-game purpose.

FM is a "spreadsheet game" at heart, and adding bells and whistles would dilute the good of the game.

I don't agree, I think people like in FM is the realism, what exists already and being improved every year.

To add a outside cosmetic thnings ( with of course interactivity ) will add realism in the front side. I'm sure we can meet both without hurting the philosophy of the game.

Media should reflect reality in deep and cosmetic side.

Training also

Web site even.

So many small changes can make the difference and improve the pleasure.

But being a manager in 1998 and 2010 is total different, many technology has been included, the managers are using, consulting those.

Thanks.

Hmm, I think cosmetic makeovers and FM philosophy is a marriage from hell...

Implementing half of the things you suggest would just take an awfully huge amount of time and effort, while it'll serve zero in-game purpose.

FM is a "spreadsheet game" at heart, and adding bells and whistles would dilute the good of the game.

While i agree in principal that the game could learn a thing or two from FIFA Manager in the graphics department, it runs the risk of becoming cluttered and may make the game much slower to play.

I would guess that if a feature was implemented where we could watch the team train in 3D, for example, i would watch it at most a couple of times then get very bored of it. Those sort of things would be HUGE additions to the game and difficult to implement at even a basic level, let alone a level which would actually make it worth while.

ill be honest i like football manager because it doesnt go down the graphical sense. the 3d training could be an idea but if anyones seen it in cm demo it definitely needs to be done differently to that. id much rather fm focussed on adding the mongolian under 17s blind womens team stats then looking at more pretty colours.

sports are made for realsim do you know why becusae its why do you like football? think of all the reasons ..... aint what you thought of realistic they aint in the impossible becusae it happend all type of sports have a realism game like fifa is focusing realism basketball is golf is there is more and more features focusing on what is there in real life becusae we like the REAL LIFE sport we watch it and say yayay or shout

they made sports realism becusae the sports you like should be controlled by you but if they dont make it realism it wont be the sport you like it shouldnt be called basketball or gold or tennis ect ect realism is most known in sports video games and fm is a great game and should be the realism for football management

So, ok, just tell me what is not realistic for a football management in what I said :

1 - we can have news presented in reality way, with real newspapr pages

2 - a special web site of fans for "your" team ( with polls, advice, criticism, best palyers, monthly upadtes, and so on .. )

4 - your player interviews in newspapers ( new player, good form, bad form, expectations etc... )

Find me one think which is not realistic for the football management and I will give up my ideas for ever.

sports are made for realsim do you know why becusae its why do you like football? think of all the reasons ..... aint what you thought of realistic they aint in the impossible becusae it happend all type of sports have a realism game like fifa is focusing realism basketball is golf is there is more and more features focusing on what is there in real life becusae we like the REAL LIFE sport we watch it and say yayay or shout

they made sports realism becusae the sports you like should be controlled by you but if they dont make it realism it wont be the sport you like it shouldnt be called basketball or gold or tennis ect ect realism is most known in sports video games and fm is a great game and should be the realism for football management

As everybody knows, FM series are realistic in football management, going deeper and deeper every year.

But maybe it's the time to introduce little bit fun and exitements in the game ( but still staying as a manager of course ! )

How to do ?

For example :

etc...

Thanks.

Hey mightymind i think the others are being a bit harsh on your ideas here. Lets face it some people just don't want a game with more "cosmetic" additions mostly because it would slow the game down or are unnecessary. But I agree with you there is no harm in adding nice fun additions and a bit more personality/interaction to the game.

SI have definately looked at this and you can tell from the features list so far that the changes they are making to the game are definately improving it and taking it to the next level.

By putting ideas out there they are listened too by SI and that can only be a great thing for the game. So keep them coming! :thup:

And still if you are doubting about this cosmetic polishing, I would like to ask if there is any new areas where we SI can add realism for FM2011.

I don't think that FM2010 ( even excellent ) will be perfect so ...

And tell me what FM2011, 12, 13 etc.. should be.

For me only improvements are left, no adding areas, maybe I'm wrong...

How to do ?

For example :

etc...

Thanks.

I don't want additional graphics, I don't want additional ways of displaying information, I don't want additional "fun" elements.

Function > Fashion

I have no idea what you're trying to say, your English is painfully difficult to understand it looks like 2 paragraphs of random words...

How to do ?

For example :

etc...

Thanks.

1. Would add nothing except extra PC specs.

2. Basically in, as fan confidence.

3. More stats, yes. Polls? How can a computer come up with that?

4. Players already comment at these times, as long as you comment first. This keep the game under control.

5. That wouldn't really aid us though, would it? It would just slow down the game, ram up specs, and generally be pretty useless! A training view would not help one bit, it would just move resources away from the important areas.

6. Perhaps, but I don't value my players' opinions much.

7+8- what do you mean?

I dont mean to sound rude, but that was very hard to understand.

Cosmetics changes have come in FM2010 :

- tactics

- improve media

- select your "news"

- etc..

So for 2011, many other will come slowly, I'm just putting different other ideas.

Just wait and see !!!

I'm not sure I personally want any cosmetic amendments to the game.

Regarding your response above:

Any cosmetic changes to the tactics probably haven't been to make the game more cosmetically appealing, rather more tactically accessible.

Media improvements aren't cosmetic, they are functional.

Selecting your news isn't a cosmetic advance, it's a user defined preference.

Most of the OP cosmetic issues are either:

a) a new and fancier coat of paint over something that is already there (news, fans' reactions)

b) unnecessary and even harmful to the overall speed of the game (live 3d training? and for what reason?)

The only aspect we need to be implemented is a better way of interacting with players about lineup selections, squad role, transfer problems etc.

But all of that can be carried on with the already existing "player interaction" box.

We know other management games are prettier to look at than FM, but I'd rather not have a fancy-looking Fanzine or a real life-like News page if that will force me to upgrade my PC or to take looong coffee breaks while the game is processing the next gameday.

There is indeed a reason if Other Franchises empasized the graphical aspect of the game, while FM has stayed mostly true to its origins.

It's just a matter of preference: style or substance.

Me, I pick substance, even if the "MS Excel" look is not as cool as having a more lively interface.

P.S. the new Tactical Wizard isn't "cosmetic for the sake of it", but it's "cosmeticly functional". Sliders were a tad too obscure to get, especially for beginners, so an user-friendly interface has been added.

Most of the OP cosmetic issues are either:

a) a new and fancier coat of paint over something that is already there (news, fans' reactions)

b) unnecessary and even harmful to the overall speed of the game (live 3d training? and for what reason?)

The only aspect we need to be implemented is a better way of interacting with players about lineup selections, squad role, transfer problems etc.

But all of that can be carried on with the already existing "player interaction" box.

We know other management games are prettier to look at than FM, but I'd rather not have a fancy-looking Fanzine or a real life-like News page if that will force me to upgrade my PC or to take looong coffee breaks while the game is processing the next gameday.

There is indeed a reason if Other Franchises empasized the graphical aspect of the game, while FM has stayed mostly true to its origins.

It's just a matter of preference: style or substance.

Me, I pick substance, even if the "MS Excel" look is not as cool as having a more lively interface.

P.S. the new Tactical Wizard isn't "cosmetic for the sake of it", but it's "cosmeticly functional". Sliders were a tad too obscure to get, especially for beginners, so an user-friendly interface has been added.

Everything you say is spot on.

The game's target audience expects many things; glossy graphical innovations aren't one of them.

Archived