What do I have to do to get recognised?

Grimoz

Im currently playing as St Albans, I started my game in the Blue Square South then got promoted to Blue Sqaure Premier and now ive gained promotion to Coca Cola League 2, my problem is Im currently sitting a comfortable 7th on the table after 32 games, im doing well in all the cups but my reputation has not changed at all and it says that Im an under pressure manager, how can that be??? If anything the board should love me for what ive done for the club, they always say in their monthly review that they are pleased with my capture of certain players but they are slightly disappointed with the teams performance in the league. At the start of the season I predicted a mid table finish and nothing more so im meeting my set goals quite easily.

Can somebody please give me something on this topic because Im a little worried about getting sacked after playing for so long with this team and I really dont want to leave as I think we are doing pretty well. Oh and by the way ive had numerous offers from other clubs wanting to acquire my services which I always reject therefore showing my loyalty to St Albans but never get a response that they are happy I rejected the offer or anything.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that all managers become "under-pressure" at the start of a new season. (dont own 09, so cant say for sure, not paid much attention) It has also been mentioned that its ridiculously hard to become a club icon/legend, several times! hopefully it has been looked at for the new game. I'd pay more attention to your targets tbh. if you're achieving what you tell the board you will, then you should be safe.

I had silmilar problems while manager of Braintree Town. I led them through successive promotions from the BSS to L2, and even kept them up there for 2 seasons. My description always seemed to be 'under pressure manager', even though we were never really dragged into a relegation fight.

Also, I didnt make their favourite personnel list even after successive promotions, sustained league football and a Wembley cup final win in the Paint Cup... Even though one striker I brought in made the list after one prolific season!

I eventually got tired of the lack of support and recognition and jumped ship to Crewe!!

Under pressure manager is probalby down to board expectations, and you not fulfilling them. If the board expect you to be promoted, or you lead to believe the same, then 7th is not good enough after 32 games. You will problably be safe though for the moment, and to the end of the season if you stay in 7th, unless the cahiman is low on patience.

does anyone know if this has been looked at for fm 10?the whole recognition/achievement system is unrealistic.

for example i took scunthorpe from league 1 to the PL and wasnt even on the fav personnel list and all i got was a message saying well done for getting promoted.

anyone else have any thoughts on this?

My main bugbear with FM09 is the confidence module.

I hate the way the confidence resets during the close season - I won the double with Liverpool, their first in over 30 years. This after joining in mid-season when they were 7th!! Yet during pre-season my job status/security dropped from "very secure" to "stable". Why??

I hate the way the expectations are unrealistically high for all competitions. I finished second with one team, that was predicted mid-table. Next season, I was given a low budget, yet expected to win the league, ahead of the established giants.

I also hate the way I wasnt a favoured personnel despite 4 consecutive German titles with Hoffenheim. While players I signed go on the list often.

Managers in real life can become almost unsackable - Wenger and Ferguson, to name two. Yet in the game you are constantly one poor patch from the sack, no matter how well you have done in the past or how much you have overperformed.

Archived