Will you buy FM10 or stick with FM09?

Grimoz

Will you buy FM10 or stick with FM09?  

587 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy FM10 or stick with FM09?

• I will buy 1st day of release
    • I will base my decision on the demo
    • I wont buy it, I'll stick to an earlier version

As a huge football manager fan playing from the start Im a little skeptical about whether I really want to fork out the cash for the FM10 version as I still play FM09 very heavily and have an awesome game going with St Albans which I dont want to lose. To me, as great as the game is year in year out, I dont believe unless their is a major overhaul of the game in FM10 that it is worth buying every year so i think this year I may have a glance at the FM10 demo to see what has changed and more than likely wait until FM11 to make my next FM purchase.

I have no doubt that for new comers to this series FM10 will be the pinnacle of management games on the market so I would definitely recommend it to newbies but I would like to know what the long time fans of the game are planning to do when the new version is released, will you buy it or will you stick to FM09 or earlier?

SI make wonderful games and this is not an attempt to talk people out of buying the new version, its really just a personal preference and im keen to see what people think, who knows they might change my mind.

I'll buy it either on the first day of release or the Saturday as I'll need to go to the bank to pay in my pay cheque then.

I've got a refurbished 2.2GHz Phenom quad core PC last week and a new 22" monitor yesterday and I'll be ordering a 2Gb memory upgrade next month. That should last me a couple of years and should run FM10 pretty well.

I'll be sticking with 08 as I couldn't get on with 09. 10 will have to be something special for me to buy it. I'll try the demo but judging from past experience, it'll need to be patched at least a couple of times before it's 'finished.

If i have time to exit from "Risen" then :

I will first have to read about DRM it uses , then try the demo to see if annoyances of previous versions are removed , if i like it i will buy if not i will keep on playing 07 ; 07 satisfies my football managerial needs so the new one has to be a lot better.

Hi

Diffiicult one this, but I always end up buying the new iteration. Zavvi have the pre-order for £17.99, though I tend to see what the demo brings then wait awhile.

Temtped to pre-order at that price.

K..>:)

I'll definitely buy FM10, as soon as possible. I think FM09 had too many annoying things that needed to be straightened out to really be worth keeping. It also bugs me a lot when players are at the wrong clubs (ie. the break between the summer window and a new release), which usually means I stop playing around the time a new season starts. A lot of teams will also be over/underrated compared to now, if you play the old game. For instance, AGF from the Danish league finished 6th in the league for the first time in 12 years, last season. This means a lot in the Danish league structure, where an uneven amount of games are played. It means more TV money and an extra home game at the stadium.

At the same time, the team has truly improved a lot and has been in the first place for most of the new season (atm at 5th place, sharing points with number 4, one point behind number 3 and 2, and being three points behind number 1 who they're facing next week). Basically, AGF last year is crap compared to AGF today and I expect especially Jakob Poulsen and Benny Feilhaber to have much improved stats (if anyone saw the Confederations Cup, you should know Benny :p). It would also be silly to play with a team like City, who basically switched half their team out and is now playing very well. Of course, they had so much money you could basically buy a starting 11 anyway, but it's still a big difference in squads and planning your team for this season.

Real Madrid got Kaka, Benzema, Ronaldo and many others, Liverpool lost Alonso but gained a good few others, Barca switched Eto'o for Zlatan and so on and so on. Basically, major differences to team structures and the balance between clubs worldwide.

Always been buy 1st day, although admittedly I've been considering waiting or skipping this time, partly because in my experience the even numbered ones haven't been as good as the odd numbered ones, partly as its a polishing (though there are things that could do with polishing to an 09+ wouldn't be a bad thing) and also as my main save on 09 is the best I've had by a long way, and may never come again. However I've found a fitting point to end that save (and was looking for a change anyway), plus as I said a polished 09 would still be a good and each version deserves a chance rather then being written off before I've had a chance to play it properly. In the worst case scenario it's not that massive a loss and 09 (and my save) will still be there to return to.

Been waiting years for a competitions editor. worth the money alone. Bet it gets to ml in China must more quickly than I get mine in Cambodia.

Yeah, the Chinese postal system is great.. I just hope... that there are no 3-4 day delays for the game to work on a mac this year!!!

As a huge football manager fan playing from the start Im a little skeptical about whether I really want to fork out the cash for the FM10 version as I still play FM09 very heavily and have an awesome game going with St Albans which I dont want to lose.

Good taste in football clubs to manage on FM. :D

How are you getting on with the mighty Saints?

Regards,

C.

Archived