Problem with three-file rolling save?

Hi guys,

I'm playing FM 2008 and have just had the "save game cannot be loaded" error on my regular file. However, I have the three-file rolling save enabled in my preferences, but there's only one file in there ("filename (backup)"), and it's about five games behind where I last saved.

Any ideas on what has happened, and is there anything I can do to get the data back?

Thanks!

"in-game" weeks you mean? and... how often do you save it?? im just thinking that maybe it hasnt had time to realise its supposed to be on a 3-file save, and has only saved over the first file. the second file would be created on the second save, the third on your third (unless i have that wrong!)

The rolling auto-save needs you to play for a long time at once to have any effect.

The first autosave will always go to your main save, the second will then be called *v2 and the third *v3. However, if you never play long enough in one playing session to have 3 autosaves in it then a v2 or v3 might never be created or only include a comparably old state of your game from when you played that long for the last time.

At least this is how I think it works. May that be the cause for you?

hth:)

No, I mean real weeks! :) This was after a disc format.

It's also set to auto-save every month, so it's like it didn't auto-save properly.

Sorry, didn't read this before.

So this means that a v3 is only created for you after playing 3 game months at once and it will only be replaced with a new v3 afer playing that long again. If I am right this would now indeed be my guess that this is why your rolling saves don't exist or just contain old states.

I'd recommend changing to save every fortnight. It doesn't take that long and playing any game again is just annoying as hell to me, so I do that.

Archived