AI transfer policy

It's absolutely diabolical. I find it almost outrageous that every single game I endure no matter the club, that if I perform well and achieve good results then my entire squad becomes wanted by a trillion different clubs. Whom then place several pathetic bid's that aren't even worth considering to which the player instantly throws his dummy out the pram and wants to leave. No clubs escape for if you are the mighty Real Madrid your "squad player's" become unsettled instead of the star player's which is equally annoying.

The amount of times also I have seen a club pay a hefty fee for a player only for him to then play five games and be sold for half the price, which is then doubled again as the club who sold him just six months previous buy him back ludicrous!. I know a lot of people say it's part and parcel of the game but it shouldn't be and I sincerely hope it's drastically improved in the next edition.

Goodnight!

I am 110% behind you. I was Rangers in one of my many careers in FM09 and i signed the River plate goal keeper Juan Ojeda for about £180K which for me is an amazing bargain. i then went on to win the UEFA Cup, Champions League 2 times in a row then on my forth season at the January Transfer Window (Juan Ojeda letting in less that 15 goals a season) Manchester United

put in £3.4.

now for a keeper to do all that in 3 and half seasons, he must be incredible. Not even the greatest goal keepers have managed to do this without being labeled priceless. Fair enough maybe once in a while it a player may be amazing one season and sold for pennies the next, but this seems to happen with almost all my players.

in short i agree with hilton210916

I completely understand, that is why when i am ever forced to sell a player i always include a clause where iw ill get money back when the player is sold, because you know that eventually the player will be complaining about lack of first team football.

Another joke is italian clubs and there frequency in trying to co-own a player, you reject the bid yet they just keep coming back.

This is the sole reason I refuse to manage in Italy. It's as though FM assumes that because it IS possible IRL in Italy, it has to continually attempt it in the game. After only a month or so of a new season with an Italian club I'll get bored and resign/start a new game.

several pathetic bid's that aren't even worth considering
wholeheartedly agree with this bit! sick and tired of rejecting bids of a players "face value" or less from the AI. I mean, ffs, as if i would be daft (or drunk) enough to sell Gerrard for less than what he's currently valued at in-game. pathetic...

I agree on the co-owernships in Italy. I've only recently started managing in Italy on FM2009 and I am Lazio. I took them over in 2018 in Serie B so their reputation will be lower than at the start.

I've got this 17 year old Finnish centre back who seems to have attracted the AI's co-ownership signal. Most days for the 2 months the summer transfer window was open I got an offer to co-own him from about 5 different clubs. He was only worth about £170k (What I paid for him), so they started around that figure, and over the whole summer and about 15-20 bids from each club they only increased to £1m.

The whole process started again the minute the January window opened as Milan, Inter, Juventus etc all obsessively bid as though it was something they had to do. Then after one of Udinese's bids he suddenly gets unhappy and wants to move to a bigger club (Udinese are lower in the table and worse than my team). :rolleyes:

Is he completely ignoring the fact that every bid has been for him to remain at Lazio, and then at the end of the co-ownership period the AI club will probably not bid for him anyway?

And this isn't mentioning the instances where I've seen an AI team buy half a player for £30m, and then sell that half for £15m a week later. Needs sorting, as does AI squad building which means there's no point me leaving Lazio to go to a bigger club as every top AI side has a team that makes Milan's real life team look young.

Co-ownership system is not the best. In one of my saves I was managing Salernitana and sold a player in a co-ownership deal with the other team paying way over his actual value. In the same week I bought back the 50% owned by the other club for a considerably smaller fee making a nice profit in the process.

Also I had this regen, who left for Udinese after I left Salernitana and since I have him shortlisted I keep getting messages how big clubs like Juve and Milan are offering 30m+ pounds in a co-ownership deal. Not very realistic.

This is annoying, agreed.

One thing I noticed that makes it worse, is that it happens to you more than the AI.

For example, I was manager of Hoffenheim, and was offered the Liverpool job. Before I accepted I looked at their squad. Very good players, all happy (apart from the sub-GK, of course), no one wanted by other clubs.

So I agree to become their manager. And its like a switch has been flipped. Mata, Agger, Mascherano, Skrtel, Insua all suddenly decide they want a new challenge, and I am suddenly fielding bids for players like Gerrard and Torres, that no one was interested in before I took charge.

Why?

I completely agree with everything said on this thread !! and hope it is drastically improved on fm10 for the sake of the game and the best part of it imo, the transfer window, you get people playing outstanding for 1 season a team comes in then suddenly you have no option and as soon as you sell they don't even play a game for the new club which is more frustrating.

It really has to be looked at , the overall transfer policy, specially the AI clubs buying players etc.

What i'd like to see is clubs who are in the process of buying players so WE can interviene and get a bid in or like a newsflash saying something like SSN believe 'x' club are in the process of agreeing a deal for 'x' player, the AI always come out with really good bargains that we could never find, like when Everton or something buy some Spanish player from Barcelona who is not wanted at the club or a player from some unknown team who is amazingly good, how are we ment to find them kinda bargains :confused:

Last thing :) .. I would like to interact more with players on matchday, telling them stuff like they have to perform after the last match performance or if they don't do so well for 'x' amount of games they will be out the first 11 due to not playing well and to give certain players of your choice a goal for that season like ... Torres to reach 30 goals for the season etc from which they react and are excited or worried about the challenge ahead etc .

Agreed.

1) Players wanting out needs to be revised. Badly. Decent players being unhappy despite league wins and good european performances shouldn't salivate at the idea of signing for a mid-table act elsewhere just because it's a more popular country. Ditto for 19 years players feeling "they have achieved all they could at the club", despite having been rotation players for 1 1/2 season

2) AI clubs buying as if they were 9 years olders building a Dream Team on ProEvo Soccer... Who cares if we have 4 top strikers? Let's shell out £ 30M for this guy too. Oh and that winger is awesome! What do you mean we don't use wingers in out tactic, who cares? He's awesome... Want him want him!.

2b) Players being unable to recognize when a move to a more popular club is indeed a BAD move... Too many players for the same position, rival players being clearly better etc, all those factors don't seem to be taken into account, so players would gladly become benchwarmers.

3) Co-ownership in Italy is abused. In eal life co-ownership is mostly used on younger players, when the Big Club isn't sure of the actual potential of the player, so they send him elsewhere. More often than not he will NOT come back, so it's more or less a Loan to Buy thingy, just more lucrative to the parent team.

Instead in the game it's a cheap way to get star players... Juventus would NEVER offer or accept the co-ownership of Chiellini...

Actually it should be the best way to get rid of unwanted players you're even unable to sell by offering them for their value.

Archived