Will there be a WSM demo?

Yes, but the demo probably won't -- it hasn't in previous years, and MLS is one of the most difficult, buggy/inaccurate leagues due to its unusual rules. (i.e. it's one of the most sensible leagues to include in the demo to have the community point out problems sooner rather than later).

Yes, but the demo probably won't -- it hasn't in previous years, and MLS is one of the most difficult, buggy/inaccurate leagues due to its unusual rules. (i.e. it's one of the most sensible leagues to include in the demo to have the community point out problems sooner rather than later).

Not really. In the demo, most players stay with teams they know and try to get a handle on the new features of the game. I dont mean this disrespectfully, but the vast majority would play the demo in the major european leagues meaning that it wouldnt be worthwhile putting the MLS into it as, percentage wise, not that many users would choose to manage an MLS team.

Im not sure, but once the demo is out im assuming the game will already be in the production stage anyway, so any changes needed would have to be in a patch. I think the world is a lot more aware of MLS rules now than they were a few years ago. Also, SI have been using far more beta testers this year so hopefully these issues would have been spotted in testing.

Im not sure, but once the demo is out im assuming the game will already be in the production stage anyway, so any changes needed would have to be in a patch. I think the world is a lot more aware of MLS rules now than they were a few years ago. Also, SI have been using far more beta testers this year so hopefully these issues would have been spotted in testing.

The demo is made out of the finished retail version of the game and therfore errors found in the demo will first be fixed in a patch.

Can't see why not.

As in if it's just sections of the full retail of the game are just stripped out. To allow people to have a taster of what is on offer. From the next installement. From the ever excellent FM/WSM series ;)

So the the playable be leagues selected to be ripped from the full game so-to-speak are just taken from the game, I can't see why various regional playable leagues are edited accordinlgy to these, well ...erm regions then these can be loadable for the gamers that prefer to play say in MLS or the Premier League. When they release the demo. So us fans can enjoy, we'll only know when they actually announce the demo to be sure.

Wasn't there Strawberry and Vanilla version of previous game demo's didn't they offer. More playable leagues or something like that.

Fact: The term football refers to a whole lot of sports with shared ancestry. Soccer is not necessarily the most direct descendent of early versions of football, with its marks and rouges.

Fact: "Soccer" is an ENGLISH term, which is more specific, as it derives from "association football", referring to the sport governed by the Football Association.

In other words, "soccer" > "football"

Fact: The term football refers to a whole lot of sports with shared ancestry. Soccer is not necessarily the most direct descendent of early versions of football, with its marks and rouges.

Fact: "Soccer" is an ENGLISH term, which is more specific, as it derives from "association football", referring to the sport governed by the Football Association.

In other words, "soccer" > "football"

Yeah but we USED to climb trees and look like monkeys but we evolved and we're not monkeys anymore. Just like its called football now and not soccer! (In 99% of the world anyway)

I believe the British Isles are the only part of the English speaking world which call it football actually. In Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United States, etc. "football" means another sport altogether. And anyways, how is moving backwards into a more colloquial, less specific term "evolving"? Surely evolution would make us MORE succinct, not less.

<Sarcasm>Yeah those crazy americans calling it soccer! We never use that term over here in blighty</Sarcasm>

This weekend i'm looking forward to watching Soccer AM & Soccer Saturday.

FYI "It is also the common name for the sport in North America, South Africa, Ireland, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and Zimbabwe." According to Wikipedia - quite a large area then?

It's called:

Fußball (lit. football) in German

Voetbal (lit. football) in Dutch

Fotball (lit. football) in Norwegian

Fotboll (lit. football) in Swedish

Fotbold (lit. football) in Danish

Fútbol (lit. football) in Spanish

Futebol (lit. football) in Portuguese

Fotbal (lit. football) in Romanian

Futboll (lit. football) in Albanian

Futbol (lit. football) in Turkish.

I'm starting to see a pattern.

We can't help it that they use the word football on the other side of the Atlantic for a sport where foot and ball hardly touch eachother.

It's called:

Fußball (lit. football) in German

Voetbal (lit. football) in Dutch

Fotball (lit. football) in Norwegian

Fotboll (lit. football) in Swedish

Fotbold (lit. football) in Danish

Fútbol (lit. football) in Spanish

Futebol (lit. football) in Portuguese

Fotbal (lit. football) in Romanian

Futboll (lit. football) in Albanian

Futbol (lit. football) in Turkish.

I'm starting to see a pattern.

We can't help it that they use the word football on the other side of the Atlantic for a sport where foot and ball hardly touch eachother.

The pattern is that in each place English employees of English companies traveled and introduced the game to locals, the locals named the game after what the English called it. For example, "Fútbol" in Spanish sounds a hell of a lot like "Football" in English, but neither "fút" nor "bol" mean anything in Spanish.

Another pattern is that other codes of football (such as rugby, Australian rules, Gaelic, American) never really caught on in those countries so maybe they didn't feel a need to clarify which form of football they play in the sports name.

Archived