On my manager profile screen it shows I have a full bar of knowledge for England and France, which makes sense because I put my Nat as English and French, but theres also half a bar for Wales.

Couple of questions..

1- Why is there something for Wales?

2- Does it make any difference to anything in the game?

3- Can I get other countries to be included and how?

Thanks!

On my manager profile screen it shows I have a full bar of knowledge for England and France, which makes sense because I put my Nat as English and French, but theres also half a bar for Wales.

Couple of questions..

1- Why is there something for Wales?

2- Does it make any difference to anything in the game?

3- Can I get other countries to be included and how?

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Possibly, but my second Nationality is French, and I manage in France, so surely it would include Spain, Germany aswell? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could be because it's only your second nationality.

The best explanation I can think of is that there are some Welsh clubs in the English leagues, but you also get a bit of knowledge of Scotland when you're an English manager, so that doesn't make complete sense.

You can add a bit of knowledge if you favour players of a certain nationality. I signed a few Dutch players in one transfer season and I got about 30% knowledge of Holland as a result. From what I've seen I'm not sure if you can do that more than once, or improve it more than that.

Try not to let it bother you though, it's a really minor thing, signing decent scouts is a far easier way of improving knowledge.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthInsinuate:

The best explanation I can think of is that there are some Welsh clubs in the English leagues, but you also get a bit of knowledge of Scotland when you're an English manager, so that doesn't make complete sense.

You can add a bit of knowledge if you favour players of a certain nationality. I signed a few Dutch players in one transfer season and I got about 30% knowledge of Holland as a result. From what I've seen I'm not sure if you can do that more than once, or improve it more than that.

Try not to let it bother you though, it's a really minor thing, signing decent scouts is a far easier way of improving knowledge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah I know, it wasn't bothering me, just didn't understand it, thats all.

Maybe in 09 it'll be explained.

I would expect that it's because you've been playing footsie with a welsh manager or two, if you are friends with a manager who possesses knowledge you don't then some of that filters through to you. For example, my nationality is English yet I am good friends with Pat Rice and so gain knowledge of Northern Ireland and France. Also, Frank Leboeuf on my coaching staff has knowledge of Africa through his friendship with Marcel Desailly.

I noticed that yesterday,. i have half a bar of sweden??? I mean say what???

i can appeciate having it inthe scoutning knowledge bit as i have one scout who predominently usigoes to scandinavia but the same for south america, Central Europe etc.

I have a few swedes in the team, but ive never managed sweden.

im not half swedish and im manager at spurs......

weird eh?

• 2 months later...

yeah i started a new game with german as my first nationality (being german and all) and then choosing english as my second (citizenship) i then saw my profile knowledge as having full for england and germany, and then french, polish, brazilian, croatian, and a couple more, yet i have no players in the team from those countries (its east stirlingshire!!)

weird......

When you have players from the countries, coaches, clubs you've been at, national teams your at, places you scout alot it tends to add some. Im Scottish and second is English so atm in my game that Im world class I have full English, Scottish and nearly full Nigeria (national team coach) the rest are to do with links as mentioned above.

Although I have some randoms ones it doesnt hurt, as latter on you will most likely get a mass amount of different countries like I do. I would like to know if they go towards getting jobs, eg. National Team so forth. I know in real life Australia wanted our new national coach to have experience and knowledge of Australia.

Archived