i cant believe it!

i will explain this best i can....

basically my player (kolo toure) was injured and laying near the corner flag in my half, now the opposition put a ball through my defence to a player that looked yards offside...well my injured player toure was playing him onside!!! has anyone else ever had this? i thought when a player goes down injured you have to kick the ball out?

You don't have to kick the ball out. It's fair play, but I believe they want to discourage this as it's being abused too much.

but that totally gave the other team an advantage, not only did i have a huge gap in my defence from the playing being on the floor near the corner flag, but the player would have also been offside had toure been there, and toure was seriously injured...he was out for 2 months

At Euro2008 Netherlands' first goal against Italy happened in a similar fashion, as RVN was kept on-side by an italian defender who was lying (pseudo)injured out of the field.

Unless the ref sees it fit, the match gets going, regardless of who's down and where

At Euro2008 Netherlands' first goal against Italy happened in a similar fashion, as RVN was kept on-side by an italian defender who was lying (pseudo)injured out of the field.

Unless the ref sees it fit, the match gets going, regardless of who's down and where

Exactly what I was going to say. Good the game got it right. If the ref judges the player as still in play, rather than requiring a stoppage, then it's a goal...

Archived