Competition Editor

I asked this in a previous league editor thread but got no responses, so hopefully by starting a new thread I may get a response! :thup:

Anyway...

Can I make a league and have teams from different nations competeting within it?

For example I'm considering making a Carribbean Super League :cool: But obviously I want then clubs from several nations competing within that league, will this be possible?

Also if I had an Jamacian side in thie league, would they produce Jamacian regens? and a Cayman Islands side produce Caymanian regens? etc etc!

Cheers for any responses! Sorry about the new thread! :p

Can I make a league and have teams from different nations competeting within it.

For example I'm considering making a Carribbean Super League :cool: But obviously I want then clubs from several nations competing within that league, will this be possible??

You should be able to yes, I don't see why not.

Also if I had an Jamacian side in thie league, would they produce Jamacian regens? and a Cayman Islands side produce Caymanian regens? etc etc!

Yes - as long as you don't change the location of the stadium (which is what determines the nationality of regens).

Sorry, but I think the league has to be based in one nation.

You can have multi national cups, but not leagues.

It doesn't restrict you putting foreign teams in your league though. For example, you could put Barcelona in an English league, but the league would still be classed as English, and the English Champions League qualifiers would come from that league.

So in theory i'd need to make a new nation?

For example if I made a nation called - "Carribbean" could I then create a league assigned to that new created nation?

But I would want that nation created active in competitions...

Inkeeping with our usernames...

!daerht wen eht tuoba yrroS !sesnopser yna rof sreehC

!cte cte ?sneger nainamyaC ecudorp edis sdnalsI namyaC a dna ?sneger naicamaJ ecudorp yeht dluow ,eugael eiht ni edis naicamaJ na dah I fi oslA

?elbissop eb siht lliw ,eugael taht nihtiw gnitepmoc snoitan lareves morf sbulc neht tnaw I ylsuoivbo tuB eugaeL repuS naebbirraC a gnikam gniredisnoc m'I elpmaxe roF

?ti nihtiw gnitetepmoc snoitan tnereffid morf smaet evah dna eugael a ekam I naC

...yawynA

!esnopser a teg yam I daerht wen a gnitrats yb yllufepoh os ,sesnopser on tog tub daerht rotide eugael suoiverp a ni siht deksa I

:p

Sorry, but I think the league has to be based in one nation.

You can have multi national cups, but not leagues.

It doesn't restrict you putting foreign teams in your league though. For example, you could put Barcelona in an English league, but the league would still be classed as English, and the English Champions League qualifiers would come from that league.

I think the 'multi-national' thing is regarding teams from say England, Scotland and Wales playing in a league that is in addition to their own existing ones. If it's as their sole league, like i 'think' the OP means, it'd be just a simple team swap excercise, as you mention in the 2nd paragraph.

I think the 'multi-national' thing is regarding teams from say England, Scotland and Wales playing in a league that is in addition to their own existing ones. If it's as their sole league, like i 'think' the OP means, it'd be just a simple team swap excercise, as you mention in the 2nd paragraph.

yep, so you can have like a Anglo-Italian cup again, but not a Multi national super league. It has to be based in a country

Yeah the league would become just one sole league, there would be no exisiting ones active from the carribbean nations.

It's just a team swap then, once you have set-up your nation and divisions.

yep, so you can have like a Anglo-Italian cup again, but not a Multi national super league. It has to be based in a country

Yeah. And even the cups can only contain teams from 2 countries I think - so you couldn't have a home nations or low countries cup for example.

Can I create a nation then add a league to that created nation?

You'd need to because I think SI (too many Si people around here!) said you can't edit existing competitions, just create new ones and nations.

Yeah. And even the cups can only contain teams from 2 countries I think - so you couldn't have a home nations or low countries cup for example.

Don't think so. Ter said in the announcement thread that he had created an 'Atlantic cup' with teams from England, Scotland, Canada, USA, Brazil etc.

And you can't create a nation, but you can revive defunct nations like USSR and Yugoslavia to act as your new nation

And you can't create a nation, but you can revive defunct nations like USSR and Yugoslavia to act as your new nation

But surely they would have the flags from them previous nations? Or has some genius in the skinning hideout worked out how to change that!?

Don't think so. Ter said in the announcement thread that he had created an 'Atlantic cup' with teams from England, Scotland, Canada, USA, Brazil etc.

Excellent - glad I'm wrong there.

DOH! :o

So you can reactivate those countries and edit the set-up? Then maybe just a matter of adding any artwork you want?

Couldn't you make say for example the Jamacian league, Trinidad league, ect have them play each team in the league once in the season, then have a cup competiton with 2 groups of 8 teams (Top four from each nation) and the winner of the two groups play each other in a final. Would this work?

Archived