First Save In FM 2010?

As above. Who will your first FM2010 save be with?

Mine will be Arsenal firstly as I support them, shortly followed by Scunthorpe and Lorient as they were my next favourite saves on 09.

This thread for 09 was started 2 months before release last year, so I think its an appropriate time with just over a month till release this year. If not, this will be closed quicker than I can say paracetamoxyflousybendroneamicin.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I am a fan of Chelsea I'll probably use Red Star Belgrade....I do it every year... although they won't have Nenad Milijas

and he was the only one I liked after Dejan Milovanovic left..

Hmmmm... I need another choice I think

What!? Where's the logic in that?

Anywho i'll probably be playing as Sydney Utd once i activate the NSWPL.

As above. Who will your first FM2010 save be with?

Mine will be Arsenal firstly as I support them, shortly followed by Scunthorpe and Lorient as they were my next favourite saves on 09.

This thread for 09 was started 2 months before release last year, so I think its an appropriate time with just over a month till release this year. If not, this will be closed quicker than I can say paracetamoxyflousybendroneamicin.

Yep, and this thread for FM10 was started sevaral weeks ago....several times! Duplicating threads like these really marginalises their importance. We all want to say who we will manage, and may even be interested in who others will manage but the thread becomes pointless if it become fragmented.

Yep, and this thread for FM10 was started sevaral weeks ago....several times! Duplicating threads like these really marginalises their importance. We all want to say who we will manage, and may even be interested in who others will manage but the thread becomes pointless if it become fragmented.

*high horse detected*

Im sure purefun the moderator would have closed it if it was neccesary.

*high horse detected*

Im sure purefun the moderator would have closed it if it was neccesary.

LOL Yeah I was bit too sharp there! It annoyed me though because the particular thread I was following was showing a good flow where a poster suggests team X from League A, person B then suggests team Y from that league as an alternative (based on similar type of scenario) etc and the thread had a flow. Such threads lose that kind of flow when constantly re-started. Its like Threads with Polls titled "What you wanted first to be improved in FM2010 before announcement ?"....honestly, who cares?

Anyway, I have dismounted now! :-)

On the demo, I'll probably go Man Utd, just to get a feel for the game, however when the game comes out, and if I buy it on release day, if there is a download which will add all the English feeder leagues, then I'll more than likely go with someone in the Ryman League North, maybe someone like Concord Rangers or Great Wakering Rovers.

On the demo, I'll probably go Man Utd, just to get a feel for the game, however when the game comes out, and if I buy it on release day, if there is a download which will add all the English feeder leagues, then I'll more than likely go with someone in the Ryman League North, maybe someone like Concord Rangers or Great Wakering Rovers.

i trained with wakering at the wreck this pre season :D

im gonna try something different this year maybe the new aus league, possibly a south american game after and a spanish then italian before settling into my beloved q.p.r

although i said similiar last year and only managed to get through 3 seasons with q.pr since october

Seeing as I'm a massive fan of LLM, I'm going to start off with Chelmsford City in the BSS after I had such an enjoyable experience with them last year - playoff promotion and an underdog FA Trophy win in my first full season.

Currently, I'm keeping an eye on Truro City in the Southern Football League Premier Division. They seem to have a lot of momentum behind them and are one of the most likely teams to get promoted to the BSS. If they turn up in my second season, I'll consider starting up another save and moving to them in order to have a go at Dafuge's Challenge. I'd find it really interesting to see a team from Cornwall make it into the Football League, never mind the top flight. They have a sweet home kit (all white with black and gold shoulder stripes), great nicknames (the White Tigers or the Tinmen), a good badge and a lot of potential. That's me pretty much sold.

Will be playing as Liverpool.. no doubt ill find a challenge game or three as well. and, if anyone sees fit to create and then upload the Northern Premier League Division 1 North (level 8 of the pyramid iirc) then ill have a bash at managing Wakefield FC, as they play their home games at the end of my street!! :D

FC Dordrecht

Ooooh. I may join you there.

If I can find time to add the lower leagues of England via the comp editor - I will of course manage the might Seagulls! Come on the Bay!

CB - CB - CB!

Colwyn Bay - CL winners 2020. You heard it here first ;)

From my name you can see who I'l be first but I think like this FM I'l try an Aston Villa game as its a fair challenge to get them as title contenders/winners. Also, I dont wanna admit this but Real Madrid would be fun sumwhat fun anyway lol. Ive never been one for the lower tiers though.......

With FM10 you can add a tier and start with Truro anyway, Peregrine!

I've never used the editor before so I don't have confidence in doing the smaller teams justice. I could just use the holiday method from the start and keep retrying until they come up... :p Chelmsford or Truro to start with then, and Salford City as soon as someone creates a convincing likeness of the Unibond League Div 1 North.

No settling in period for me. I want my managerial (in)experience to be put to the test as quickly as possible. Hopefully, I won't nearly get a team relegated as I did with York City last year, although that was my first ever experience of FM! :D

Any of these

-Arsenal first to get a feel for the game...i just love playing as them.

-Leicester as i support them an it will be fun trying to get them to the Prem and stay up.

-Real Madrid...just for the class team plus money.

-Or just an impulse team, if i see someone random when i am looking through the leagues.

Proberly Man Utd just to test the game out and learn my way round it for a bit, Then its on my long term game. Outside top flight and if there i a club in the English league who starts without a manager then that club will be favorite.

but then again im really getting into my 08 game with Walsall it might be a while before i even play FM10 although it does sound brilliant this year

o0o0o decisions decisions

I've just completed a mammoth save on fm09 where I started unemployed and travelled many leagues and teams over 30 odd seasons. Since then I've tried to start anew save but nothing has compared to that one...it just doesn't feel right starting a new save when I've done so much on the other one.

I might wait a bit before getting fm10 and then probs try the same sort of career - it was the longest I've ever done and became an obsession.

I always like the idea of getting a decent club who hadn't really won anything and seeing what I can do with them - that was the basis of my last save so may continue in this way.

Archived