Chairman going over your head

I have just had the annoying thing happen again where the Chairman accepts a bid for a player because its too good. Now I know there are some questions in press conferences relating to this, but I feel that there should be more options, for example an ultimatum to the board for complete control over transfers or to cancel the transfer etc. I mean, I am sure it would be a huge thing for managers if chairmen go over their head and sell their best players in real life, so I would hope for some more importance placed to this in the game.

yeah it can be annoy but there is way to avoid it by set your asking price of your best player to 50 million and chairman won't accept the offer unless it is near 50. Or when the bid is accepted then give him new contract with better pay and he's staying sorted!

There's an easier way to get round this. When the chairman accepts the offer, get the player that he accepted the bid for to sign a new contract. Give him a small pay rise to make the deal look better than the team who are trying to sign him, who will only offer him wages equal or less to what you're paying him.

Sorted!

If you have the resources and aren't competing for players who are probably too good for you. I am a newly promoted to Premiership Cambridge with a 10000 capacity stadium and therefore not much money, so as you can imagine, trying to compete on wages with Inter for my wonderkid CB is rather hard...

There's an easier way to get round this. When the chairman accepts the offer, get the player that he accepted the bid for to sign a new contract. Give him a small pay rise to make the deal look better than the team who are trying to sign him, who will only offer him wages equal or less to what you're paying him.

Sorted!

This is an unrealistic exploit, and an ultimatum is too extreme and guarantee to result in a sacking. Some negotiation with the chairman would be far preferable.

This is an unrealistic exploit, and an ultimatum is too extreme and guarantee to result in a sacking. Some negotiation with the chairman would be far preferable.

Like : - Ok you want the money, but give me another shot so i can carve out more from the deal.

or something like that, and if you fail then he could be angry with you and this option would be grayed out until you do something appealing to the chairmen, like winning 10 games in a row or equal to this.

I've never tested it myself, but I've heard when the chairman has accepted the offer you can go into your team's transfer section and cancel it. I've still been waiting on it happening since I heard.

I'm skeptic about this, when the decision comes around and you have 3 options accept, delay, cancel then he will accept on your behalf ,so i think there's no way you can cancel it.

I would like to have an option to issue an ultimatum or to resign right away while being able to indicate the reason for resignation which may then result in not losing reputation.

On the other hand, it's the chairman's right and seeing it as rarely as I do I fell it's okay in the game.

It happened to an online mate of mine last night who got Delph sold over his head. He himself wouldn't ever sell a starting XI player, no matter how hight the bid. In the end he got better players as replacements and should be happy that the chairman acted more wisely than he would have.

Archived