Possible feature: Preferable Nations

Often players have a favorite club. A team they would like to play for (eventually). Sometimes it is impossible to achieve. An example is that someone's favorite team is Man Utd or Arsenal, but has a PA of 100. The chances of them getting there... well, it isn't that big.

But that's only the case in big football nations like England, Spain and Italy. Germany could be included too. I'm from Holland and I don't watch many leagues besides those nearby. I watch leagues like England, Belgium and Germany too, but know very little about Spain and Italy.

What I do know is that many players in Holland often not just have a favorite team, but also a country where they would like to play once. Sometimes players dream of playing in the Premier League of England, others would like to try their luck in Spain while others prefer the defensive geniuses in Italy.

I have seen it before that two equal famous teams are willing to buy a new player. Unfortunately because the teams are equal - and perhaps even equal wages - the player will have to choose. Since he can't choose for the reputation, since both are equal, he will have to look at the ambitions (or the lack of, whichever he likes). But what if the player always have wanted to play in England? And one of the teams interested in him is an English team. Don't you think his mind is immediately set? I think so.

Now I know it is near impossible to know the favorite country of everyone, but for a number it sounds easy enough. I would love it if this feature would get in some time. Especially for the somewhat lower nation-league types players. People who like to manage in their home country, like Iceland or Hungary. If they can find a prospect that would usually not come, have their country as their favorite country, perhaps they can sign him. In the long run, it would probably make some differences. :)

I think some aspects are working in fm09. i think it's connected with adaptability. I experienced it when trying to employ staff. Marco Rota don't want to work in Italy, Chico Fraga don't want to work in England. There are more examples. I recon that some young players have the same behavior.

I don't know how it's working technically.

I think some aspects are working in fm09. i think it's connected with adaptability. I experienced it when trying to employ staff. Marco Rota don't want to work in Italy, Chico Fraga don't want to work in England. There are more examples. I recon that some young players have the same behavior.

I don't know how it's working technically.

I think this would come under ambition as well as adaptability.

Sorry Tcoleman, never saw your thread before. :) I've had the idea for some time now, but because of multiple reasons I never decided to post it. :)

As for RJJ, I never really noticed anything like that, to be honest. Usually when a coach isn't prepared to join my club, it's usually because my reputation is too low or I can't afford the wages.

Archived