editor and how to use it..

well,this is not a technical question,but maybe an ethical one..considering issues and bugs,how do you think is right to use the editor?and when do the change of something is morally acceptable?for example..could be considered cheating if i add to my coach profile some preferred staff?i'm in the preferred staff of half the serie A coaches and most of my players..but i don't have no one..

any other issues you think it's "honest" to correct during the game?

well..thanks for feedback guys!:p

Well you are not very patient are you...

how do you think is right to use the editor?and when do the change of something is morally acceptable?for example..could be considered cheating
It is your game, so you can do with it what you want, I personally don't use the editor, but couldn't care less if anyone else did use it.
if i add to my coach profile some preferred staff?i'm in the preferred staff of half the serie A coaches and most of my players..but i don't have no one..
This is not possible with the editor which comes with the game, you can only edit players/staff which are currently in the database, yes you can add new staff, but you can't select then to start a game with.

If you want to add favorite persons to your profile you have to use a in-game editor like FMRTE or something like that.

It only depends on whether you enjoy it or not. If you enjoy a game after using FMRTE then fine - there is no one having a right to judge you. If not, just don't. :thup:

The only exception is if you use it to your advantage in multi-player games. Then it's cheating at the expense of your friends which is obviously bad. :thdn: Also bragging after winning with a team edited to your advantage isn't cool, but it would at last reveal more about yourself than anything else.

If you just use it to add favourite personnel to your manager profile then I don't see any ethical problem. And to repeat: Even if I did, it was, is and will be your game alone which you are free to play in any way you enjoy it the most as long as you don't 'harm' other humans.

I agree with jayahr here. "You're only cheating yourself" comes to mind. But if you're playing solo - that's your choice.

If you're happy to make changes, then go ahead. But don't expect plaudits if you take Barnet to the EPL title after giving them £150m :)

nono..i don't need to cheat to win everything with udinese..it's only that i hate to not have riquelme for example as my favoured staff..as long as i am on his list..and this for many other players and team coaches..then,considering that i've choose not to buy ronaldo and messi..well,i think i don't need cheating..

You can't add yourself to a players favorite personel list without an ingame editor like FMRTE.This is because when you start a new game (using the database you added yourself as his favorite with) you get a new manager, so although there would be Bob Jones (eg) on Riquelme's favorite list, it wouldn't be you. It would be some other Bob Jones.

Only way is to use an in game editor.

Or do it the mans way, and flirt with him :D

well..but they're already in my favoured staff list..so why isn't displayed on screen?

Favoured rating needs to be 50 or higher to appear on your screen.

Everyone who uses editors has their own interpretation of what is adding realism and what is cheating. As said above, it's your game - what you do is nobody else's business. If you change something and later feel bad that you've made thing easier for yourself - well you have yourself to blame. If you feel comfortable that the change added to your enjoyment but didn't lessen the challenge - well for you that wasn't cheating.

So the only person who can answer your question is yourself. As someone who cheats like mad with FMRTE all I ask is that after using an editor, don't come on a thread and boast about how well you're doing, especially if your success was affected by the changes you made. I'm sure you wouldn't do that, but some people do. For me, that's the only 'ethical' issue.

To me the only thing to use the editor for is simply to check the size of the database, verify researched data or check on data issues, and now to make new leagues and levels playable. My view is that it should never be used to edit the database, research players, or otherwise give yourself an unfair advantage that you wouldn't have enjoyed without the editor.

To me the only thing to use the editor for is simply to check the size of the database, verify researched data or check on data issues, and now to make new leagues and levels playable. My view is that it should never be used to edit the database, research players, or otherwise give yourself an unfair advantage that you wouldn't have enjoyed without the editor.

That is quite true!

Like others have said before, including myself, I have no issue with people editing the DB to add cash, research players etc. as long as they don't expect to take the plaudits of 5 successive CL wins :)

Someone editing their DB has no effect on me so I'm still happy in my little lower league teams struggling for promo!

This of course differs when people start hacking around in a DB used for a multi-player game.

Everyone should have the right to play their game their way. I personally would not want to edit even one stat once the game is set up, would feel like cheating to me. The new Pre game editor was not my cup of tea but now reading blogs I may set up a few preseason cups based on anglo-scottish, regional pro-cup ideas. If it leads to a cataclysmic crash of a career game due to bugginess I shall be fuming though!

Archived